The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need to give DE a break

ImmortalGryphon

10 hours ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Next time your teeth will have a problem-keep telling yourself that your dentist need a break too, so you need to endure da pain.

There is huge difference beetwen toothache and giving you fun. 

10 hours ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

DE isn't some friends that gladly provide game for us, they take our money for it

Well, in some way they are, they give you this game for free. They don't take money, you give it them if you want.

Yes, it's their job, but it doesn't mean you have to be now bad boss, who shout at his employees that "it's their damn job!". Maybe one day you would understand, when you gonna have job with boorish boss.

22 minutes ago, MrDar1o said:

Well, in some way they are, they give you this game for free. They don't take money, you give it them if you want.

Did you know that the f2p game model can be more profitable than the p2p counterpart?

I wouldn't worry about DE not gaining enough money-They aren't giving it to us for free-The real intention with the f2p game is to make even more money than they could with other models-... the real question is: The way they spend the money- is it in our interest?

Don't get me wrong. I like DE... they are doing a lot different than other devs -especially when keeping contact with the playerbase- but in the end it's all about the moneys... and I get the feeling that many passionate WF fans like to sugarcoat our relationship with the devs.

7 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Did you know that the f2p game model can be more profitable than the p2p counterpart?

I wouldn't worry about DE not gaining enough money-They aren't giving it to us for free-The real intention with the f2p game is to make even more money than they could with other models-... the real question is: The way they spend the money- is it in our interest?

Don't get me wrong. I like DE... they are doing a lot different than other devs -especially when keeping contact with the playerbase- but in the end it's all about the moneys... and I get the feeling that many passionate WF fans like to sugarcoat our relationship with the devs.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-story-of-warframe-how-a-game-no-publisher-wanted-found-26-million-players/

9 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

Sure you can, if it's within reason.

They said they were planning on releasing new content - they delivered. It may not of been exactly what you wanted, but it was new content nonetheless. Then they told people it was going to be released in parts - no lies there. They kept people up to date and let people know what was happening - as soon as they knew, we knew. You have MMO games out there with no devstream, no real update to what is happening next. Sometimes it just happens and everyone is surprised by it. I think the biggest issue is letting people like you see what is coming next.

It would be really sad if they took away all the sneak peaks and the devstreams because of the whining and complaining part of the community - but they won't. Why? Because they don't care about that part of the community. They don't add anything but salt. The only people they listen to are the people giving them constructive feedback. I really couldn't care less about your feelings getting hurt because they "broke a promise" to you. Take your entitled self elsewhere.

I laughed a bit because it seems you do not understand at all my point (and told me that I am entitled even though I am not). As I already stated, i have no problems with what they are releasing but how. They had planned to release this (too) big thing called U19. If they had focused on delivering the content in bits (SoTR, TSG & TWW) focusing on one thing at a time (as they are doing now) from the start no one would be complaining. If you need an example I would put it like this: a non athletic person has to transport 100kg of books from one room to another at a distance of 50 meters. If that person was DE and the whole pack of books was the update i do not think that person would be able to do it in one go. So that is why they have to take 33kg at a time. Is my reasoning wrong?

I sincerely do not feel hurt about them not capable to deliver all of the update in one day and i do not feel entitled to anything. I am even too much busy polarizing all my favourite weapons to care about when TWW will drop. I am quite satisfied about the new map and warframe and as you can see from my activity on the forums I have not even complained about the content itself.