Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorwing (titania) Weapon build questions

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

On my melee build I put Buzz Kill, but meant to put Auger Strike (puncture).

[The question in brackets has been answered. "Exalted Weapons" are treated the same as normal weapons.]

[Before I get into it, I have a couple questions to ask first. When it comes to all the "exalted 4ths" they deal "pure" (non-elemental) damage, usually split between slash, impact, and puncture. Are these "exalted weapons" treated the same way as regular weapons, regarding damage mods? For example if an "exalted weapon" deals 100 puncture, 100 impact, and 500 slash, will a slash mod increase slash damage the same way it would a regular weapon or would the damage increase be distributed between the three? With those same stats, would elemental mods add the new elemental damage or is that also turned into the three pure damages and distributed equally?

I ask because if "exalted weapons" are treated exactly the same as regular weapons (excluding augment mods) , I'll mod according to the faction or, if the "exalted weapon" has mostly impact, i'll add primed heavy impact. If damage mods are put into a sort of pool and distributed between the three pure (non-elemental) stats, for example a +90% toxic mod being converted and added to pure damage and instead of just adding toxic, I'll use mods like primed heavy impact.]

I'm trying to find the best weapon builds for both Razorwing weapons. Any help or advice is always appreciated.

The stats for Titania's Pixie Pistols are as follows

Screenshot_1.png

The high RoF and crit chance/damage makes this build seem pretty straightforward to me. A standard crit built shotgun seems to be the way to go and the question above answers whether I should mod for elemental or pure (non-elemental) damage. If anyone has anything to add, please let me know.

Edit: As far as rifles go, crit builds yield slightly higher dps than pure damage builds, but better accuracy. I couldn't find a shotgun that matches the Pixie Pistol stats, but will update after some sim testing.

Edit 2: As it has been pointed out, I skipped right past the status option. With a base status chance of 25% , a status build could be a good, if not the best, choice for long endless missions. Warframe Builder doesn't account for status in it's calculations and I'm not going to do those maths. The numbers would be nice to know because status is very handy in high level situations, but there's really only one high level situation, split into three parts, in the game.

The stats for the Pixie Sword

Screenshot_2.png

Due to the low crit and status chances, I'm inclined to build for pure damage (even with the focus crit chance boost). This is where I need help. My current build,

Screenshot_3.png

Edit: I meant the Auger Strike instead of Buzz Kill

This is for Infested. Virulent Scourge is there because I couldn't think of anything better. I'd rather add +60% toxic to the corrosive damage than +90% fire. Virulent Scourge paired with Smite Infested seemed better than +180% blast. Is building for damage, ignoring crit, the way to go? Is there anything that you would change to this build?

Edit: Tenno have suggested Body Count over Virulent Scourge and that seems to work better in situations where you're doing more than the occasional quick melee.

Update:

I did some testing on the Harpak because it was the closest weapon, stat wise, to the Pixie Pistols.

Harpak damage split: 10% impact, 15% slash, 75% puncture.              

Pixie Pistols: 10% ,80%, and 10% respectively. The percentages are all that matter, the +120% slash/puncture mods behave the same way.                                

Harpak fire rate: 6.0 rounds/second.                                                   

Pixie Pistols: 5.83 rounds/second.                                                            

Harpak Crit stats: Crit Chance 15.0%, Crit Multiplier 2.0x.                          

Pixie Pistols: Crit Chance 15.0%, Crit Multiplier 2.0x.

Harpak Status Chance: 10%

Pixie Pistols: 25%

After messing around with Warframe Builder, the crit build yields slightly higher dps. I don't know if I have the best builds, but here are the ones I used for testing.

Crit Build

Screenshot_1.png 

Pure Damage Build (I went for as much corrosive damage as I could. If anyone has any suggestions for a better build, please let me know and I'll test it.)

Screenshot_3.png

This shows that the difference between crit and pure damage builds are hard to notice at first glance. Assuming my builds are spot on, the advantage goes to the crit build as it doesn't receive the accuracy reduction from Heavy Caliber and you have the option of swapping Buzz Kill for Heavy Caliber for that extra damage.

I'm still trying to figure out a good melee build and if rifles or shotguns are better.

I'll continue to test and update, but if anyone has beat me to it or has anything to add/change, please share. 

Thank you in advance.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517
Made some fixes

24 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I tried to space things using context boxes and it put them all into one. 

Before I get into it, I have a couple questions to ask first. When it comes to all the "exalted 4ths" they deal "pure" (non-elemental) damage, usually split between slash, impact, and puncture. Are these "exalted weapons" treated the same way as regular weapons, regarding damage mods? For example if an "exalted weapon" deals 100 puncture, 100 impact, and 500 slash, will a slash mod increase slash damage the same way it would a regular weapon or would the damage increase be divided between the three? With those same stats, would elemental mods add the new elemental damage or is that also turned into the three pure damages and distributed equally?

AFAIK, yes, works the same as normal weapons. What I would like to know is how Vicious Spread interacts with Dex Pixia, but the rest should be as usual.

The stats for Titania's Pixie Pistols are as follows

Hide contents

Screenshot_1.png 

The high RoF and crit chance/damage makes this build seem pretty straightforward to me. A standard crit builded shotgun seems to be the way and the question above answers whether I should mod for elemental or pure (non-elemental) damage. If anyone has anything to add, please let me know.

Actually, the strongest build would be raw damage on rilfes (including Fanged Fussiliade), because Primed Bane exists and Primed Cleanse does not. If you are not a fan of Banes/Cleanses, then yes, shotguns are superior, but also with a raw damage build because shotgun crit mods are not as strong (especially since Laser Sight does not work on Dex Pixia) and AFAIK the crit chance is actually 10% not 15%.

Titania's Pixie Sword's stats are as follows

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2.png

Due to the low crit and status chances, I'm inclined to build for pure damage (even with the focus crit chance boost). This is where I need help. My current build,

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_3.png

This is for Infested and assumes that "exalted weapons" are treated like regular weapons, in regards to how specific damage type mods affect them. Virulent Scourge is there because I couldn't think of anything better. I'd rather add +60 toxic to the corrosive damage than +90% fire and Virulent Scourge paired with Smite Infested seemed better than +180% blast. Is building for damage, ignoring crit, the way to go? Is there anything that you would change to this build? 

Thank you in advance.

I would exchange Virulent Scourge with Body Count (if the wiki is right and it actually works) and Buzz Kill with Auger Strike (you probably wanted to use it anyway and just misread the wiki), else you're good to go.

7 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

AFAIK, yes, works the same as normal weapons. What I would like to know is how Vicious Spread interacts with Dex Pixia, but the rest should be as usual.

Actually, the strongest build would be raw damage on rilfes (including Fanged Fussiliade), because Primed Bane exists and Primed Cleanse does not. If you are not a fan of Banes/Cleanses, then yes, shotguns are superior, but also with a raw damage build because shotgun crit mods are not as strong (especially since Laser Sight does not work on Dex Pixia) and AFAIK the crit chance is actually 10% not 15%.

I would exchange Virulent Scourge with Body Count (if the wiki is right and it actually works) and Buzz Kill with Auger Strike (you probably wanted to use it anyway and just misread the wiki), else you're good to go.

That first bit is good to know. I'm definitely going to swap Virulent Scourge with Body Count. Thanks for your help.

8 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

When it comes to all the "exalted 4ths" they deal "pure" (non-elemental) damage, usually split between slash, impact, and puncture.

That's different for some frames. Excaliber has different stats, Wukong is different and valkyr has damage distributed evenly. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

Are these "exalted weapons" treated the same way as regular weapons, regarding damage mods? For example if an "exalted weapon" deals 100 puncture, 100 impact, and 500 slash, will a slash mod increase slash damage the same way it would a regular weapon or would the damage increase be distributed between the three? With those same stats, would elemental mods add the new elemental damage or is that also turned into the three pure damages and distributed equally?

Yes, they count the same for mods, and the slash mod will increase the damage. The damage won't be distributed evenly to exalted weapons since each exalted weapon having different stats.

As for titania, I find her futile, compared to other exalted weapons.

Also acolyte mods (blood rush, body count) don't work on exalted weapons.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

2 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I'm definitely going to swap Virulent Scourge with Body Count.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Also acolyte mods (blood rush, body count) don't work on exalted weapons.

I can't be bothered to test Blood Rush (because it is not worth it), but Body Count definitely works on Titania's Diwata, just tried it.

11 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I did some testing on the Harpak because it was the closest weapon, stat wise, to the Pixie Pistols.

The Dex Pixia is Slash, not Puncture.

On a side note, there's very little use for the physical damage mods. They may boost damage by a higher raw amount, but elemental mods almost always come out on top due to higher health and armor type damage modifiers.

For that matter, Fanged Fusillade is useful in only three situations (and only when Slash is 75% of the base damage or higher):

1. Increasing the frequency of Slash procs,
  2. As your third elemental mod (when you can only fit three) against unarmored Grineer or Infested, and
  3. As your fourth elemental mod (when you can fit four) to prevent combining elements into less favorable combined elements.

13 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

Crit Build

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_1.png 

Heavy Caliber and Vile Acceleration are a must have.

13 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

Pure Damage Build (I went for as much corrosive damage as I could. If anyone has any suggestions for a better build, please let me know and I'll test it.)

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_3.png

If you exchange Malignant Force with Vile Acceleration you'll have the build I found to be the strongest (because I still believe that it is 10% crit).

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Care to prove it, since acolyte mods don't work on exalted weapons.

I'm not gonna make a video about something that takes 2min to test yourself, when I never even tried to capture video on my PC. Also, the generalization that acolyte mods don't work on exalted weapons is apparently false, it depends on the frame. Even the wiki says, that they work on Titania's Melee (not her Primary).

5 hours ago, mikami666134 said:

Status build?

It has 25% chance y'know!

When I saw the 25% status chance, 15% crit chance with high ROF and slash based weapon I immediately thought:

- Serration / Split chamber / Heavy Cal ( didnt have the time to test so much but seems to hurt the accuracy too much?)

- 2 x 60% status/element

- 2 x crit mods

- Open slot.

Not sure if this is ideal and cant still test it because my Titania is still leveling.

2 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Even the wiki says, that they work on Titania's Melee (not her Primary

The wiki even said that for Wukong and his passive, after testing it was wrong because some troll changed it.

EDIT:

Just tested it and can confirm its affected by body count (melee).

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

17 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

High rate of fire with slash damage and enough status on the pistols wouldnt make it a good candidate for a status/slash build?

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

When I saw the 25% status chance, 15% crit chance with high ROF and slash based weapon I immediately thought:

- Serration / Split chamber / Heavy Cal ( didnt have the time to test so much but seems to hurt the accuracy too much?)

- 2 x 60% status/element

- 2 x crit mods

- Open slot.

Not sure if this is ideal and cant still test it because my Titania is still leveling.

The 25% chance does make a status build a viable option and probably the best for long endless missions. That said, status builds are wasted on enemies that can be killed in a shot or two. If you find yourself dumping clips into an enemy, building for status and stipping off that armor is the way to go. Otherwise, best to stick to dps builds unless you're going for more of a CC approach.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

7 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

- 2 x 60% status/element

- 2 x crit mods

- Open slot.

I'd approach it in a status focused build

- Holy trinity of rifles

- Vile acceleration 

- pure corrosive for armored, radiation + viral for unarmored, pure gas if there's a vauban.

16 hours ago, mikami666134 said:

I'd approach it in a status focused build

- Holy trinity of rifles

- Vile acceleration 

- pure corrosive for armored, radiation + viral for unarmored, pure gas if there's a vauban.

My post is unusually long for a PhP thread so I don't blame you for missing the Edit 2 under the Pixie Pistols. I shouldn't have skipped over the status build. It is a viable build and great for high level enemies, but those builds don't really do anything when you're oneshotting anything that moves. If you and your team are emptying entire clips on enemies, stripping their armor and, if you're using all 4 +60/60 mods, keeping them on their bums can mean the difference between failing and extraction. While you won't do a lot of damage against any faction, modding for radiation and viral, is great CC and strips their health in half. If you want to go status, the pure damage build would probably work better than the crit build. The crit build leaves you with less options and you will lower your dps. My damage build already have a +60/60 toxic mod and Buzz Kill could/maybe should be replaced with another +60/60 mod. Now that I think of it, swapping out Buzz Kill for a +60/60 mod would probably yield higher dps than the pure damage build I have now, if you're willing to deal with Heavy Caliber accuracy reduction.

Why are all of you talking about rifle mods? Equip a shotgun, its mods might be better

Primed point Blank=Serration

Hells Chamber>Split Chamber (90 vs 120)% multishot so you always shot 2 bullets with 20% chance for 3rd one, with Split chamber there is a chance that for 1 bullet only

Shotgun Spazz>Vile Acceleration (both 90% more firerate but shotgun mod without damage debuff)

Elemntal mods are the same

also you get Blaze what is more dmg and even more elemental dmg I know it gives less dmage buff than Heavy Caliber, buy  you dont suffer from decreased accuracy

It needs some tests though

Edited by Giant_Problem

56 minutes ago, Giant_Problem said:

Why are all of you talking about rifle mods? Equip a shotgun, its mods might be better

Primed point Blank=Serration

Hells Chamber>Split Chamber (90 vs 120)% multishot so you always shot 2 bullets with 20% chance for 3rd one, with Split chamber there is a chance that for 1 bullet only

Shotgun Spazz>Vile Acceleration (both 90% more firerate but shotgun mod without damage debuff)

Elemntal mods are the same

also you get Blaze what is more dmg and even more elemental dmg I know it gives less dmage buff than Heavy Caliber, buy  you dont suffer from decreased accuracy

It needs some tests though

A straight damage shotgun build was my first  to choice, but could not find a shotgun that came close to the Pixie Pistol's stats so testing shotguns is going to require some sim testing that I haven't gotten around to doing. It's a lot more work than what I did with Warframe Builder. Like I said I haven't tested shotguns, but the higher multishot, blaze and a couple other shotgun specific mods might make up for the lower crit chance mods. That said, I think the Primed Bane mods put rifles on top. I don't expect a huge damage difference with shotguns, other than the extra faction damage on rifles, and the cirt and damage rifle build's dps came up so close that it may come down to what type of weapon you want to use when not in Razorwing.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517
Don't word so good.

On 19.09.2016 at 5:05 PM, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

A straight damage shotgun build was my first  to choice, but could not find a shotgun that came close to the Pixie Pistol's stats so testing shotguns is going to require some sim testing that I haven't gotten around to doing. It's a lot more work than what I did with Warframe Builder. Like I said I haven't tested shotguns, but the higher multishot, blaze and a couple other shotgun specific mods might make up for the lower crit chance mods. That said, I think the Primed Bane mods put rifles on top. I don't expect a huge damage difference with shotguns, other than the extra faction damage on rifles, and the cirt and damage rifle build's dps came up so close that it may come down to what type of weapon you want to use when not in Razorwing.

Well tbh I have never consider using Primed Bane for two simple reasons: I dont have one and I have never seen anybody who uses this mod. Is Primed bane worth using on any weapon?

Edited by Giant_Problem
typo

5 hours ago, Giant_Problem said:

Well tbh I have never consider using Primed Bane for two simple reasons: I dont have one and I have never seen anybody who uses this mod. Is Primed bane worth using on any weapon?

Primed bane is worth using as a replacement on the 3rd elemental (a.k.a non-crit weapon). You should also use rifle because of heavy calliber.