Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Players To Unequip Their Weapons.

Aspari

Currently it is mandatory that you take a primary, secondary, and melee weapons. I'd like the option to be able to unequip my weapons just like I can unequip my Sentinel, with the melee weapon still being mandatory to take.

This was suggested a couple of times before I believe but anyway, I agree.

I'd go even further than that and suggest having "universal weapon slots", as in being able to equip 2-3 primary weapons, or 2-3 secondary weapons instead, or having a pistol as primary and a rifle as secondary, or just lots of melee weapons. Maybe 2 universal and 1 designated melee-only would be enough though. I don't really think it'd be "OP" in any way, just more freedom of choice.

OK with OP idea.

And CapricaSix is actually making a point : since kunai and despair were included into the game I really see no differences between primary and secondary weapons in terms of efficiency. The idea of being able to take any weapon would be fun.

Some people would probably enjoy going to a mission with a bow and a shotgun, for instance.

Or with the Orthos for damage and dual Zoren for speed.

However, maybe there could be some kind of weight limit, so that you could take as many weapons with you as long as they're not too heavy.

Also, weapons with the same ammo should share it.

But anyway, this doesn't seem to be a very important change right now.

Some people would probably enjoy going to a mission with a bow and a shotgun, for instance.

Or with the Orthos for damage and dual Zoren for speed.

However, maybe there could be some kind of weight limit, so that you could take as many weapons with you as long as they're not too heavy.

Also, weapons with the same ammo should share it.

But anyway, this doesn't seem to be a very important change right now.

Or a Gram {for head-on crowd control}, Glaive {ranged support} and Dual Ether Daggers {speed} :P

Weight limit would make sense, just so you can't have killer loadouts like "HEK, Ogris and Lanka" and such. +1 on that

I think this would be fairly easy to implement though, there isn't really anything "new", only a bit of tweaking.

You could always, yanno. Just not use that weapon.

^^ This.

Because there is currently no weight limit, penalty, cost, or slowing of any kind based on what you have equipped I fail to see a point in being able to un-equipping a slot. OP, you stated your desire, but failed to make it clear why it is that you want this? In addition there are missions where you are required (carrying datamass) to use a pistol.

Also why would you request to be able to unequip one of the gun slots and still leave melee mandatory? Doesn't seem to be very fair.

Unless you are just concerned about appearance in which case grab the Lex, it's so small you'll barely notice it on your leg.

And btw weight system, guys really !? That is terrible idea in this particular game. I do not believe this idea was thought all the way through. Look at all the acrobatics you are required to do in various tile sets. Unless you are suggesting a weight system that somehow doesn't effect frame speed, wall run, and jumping ability in which case it doesn't make any sense. So you would either have a weight system that A) doesn't slow you down in which case  ....?? what's the point? Or B) slows you down, effects your acrobats and completely reworks movement in the game. Using weight as a restriction has no logical base in this game.

On the other hand if a slot system was implemented that allowed you to take anything (which I am not in favor of) one way you could get the same restriction concept that would make a little bit more sense would be energy. We already have "reactors" involved in our frames and weapons, so you set up a certain amount of energy that a frame produces and then set a (somehow) "balanced" energy requirement for every weapon. Of course the game already uses "energy" for mods. Maybe make it a Kw requirement instead, point is weight doesn't make any sense in this hypothetical situation.

Edited by Carcharias

My idea was more about weapons bulk, volume, cluttering, girth, I don't know the correct word for this.

But this "weight" should certainly not alter your speed, except in a little positive way, by un-equipping some weapons maybe.

But as I said before, "this doesn't seem to be a very important change right now".

^^ This.

Because there is currently no weight limit, penalty, cost, or slowing of any kind based on what you have equipped I fail to see a point in being able to un-equipping a slot. OP, you stated your desire, but failed to make it clear why it is that you want this? In addition there are missions where you are required (carrying datamass) to use a pistol.

Also why would you request to be able to unequip one of the gun slots and still leave melee mandatory? Doesn't seem to be very fair.

Unless you are just concerned about appearance in which case grab the Lex, it's so small you'll barely notice it on your leg.

And btw weight system, guys really !? That is terrible idea in this particular game. I do not believe this idea was thought all the way through. Look at all the acrobatics you are required to do in various tile sets. Unless you are suggesting a weight system that somehow doesn't effect frame speed, wall run, and jumping ability in which case it doesn't make any sense. So you would either have a weight system that A) doesn't slow you down in which case  ....?? what's the point? Or B) slows you down, effects your acrobats and completely reworks movement in the game. Using weight as a restriction has no logical base in this game.

On the other hand if a slot system was implemented that allowed you to take anything (which I am not in favor of) one way you could get the same restriction concept that would make a little bit more sense would be energy. We already have "reactors" involved in our frames and weapons, so you set up a certain amount of energy that a frame produces and then set a (somehow) "balanced" energy requirement for every weapon. Of course the game already uses "energy" for mods. Maybe make it a Kw requirement instead, point is weight doesn't make any sense in this hypothetical situation.

Maybe they meant something similar to the Mass Effect 3 weight system, where more weight affects your power use. I don't know, it's still a bad idea either way.

OP, you stated your desire, but failed to make it clear why it is that you want this? In addition there are missions where you are required (carrying datamass) to use a pistol.

If you really want an answer to why, it's because I don't want to be lugging around a rifle when I'm playing Ash. Ash is ninja Warframe and I wish to play him like a ninja, so I'd rather take my Despair and my melee weapon and leave out everything else. Carrying a gun while playing a ninja looks silly, and I don't like the look of the bows either. In my opinion melee needs to be mandatory. Guns eventually run out of ammo and melee weapons don't use a resource other than Stamina, and you have things like the Glaive if you don't want the weapon visible on your Warframe.

I'd love it if you could trade certain weapons slots for bonuses. No primary for increased speed, no melee for increased shields, no secondary for increased ammo, etc etc.

Fine tuning this idea, with only melee weapon would greatly enhance Stealth capabilities.

I really like the idea of small bonuses for removing items :)