Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy conversion for Hysteria?

(PSN)Deception_Pharo

Question

17 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Hello Tenno,

I'm tinkering my build and I have intensify, but is energy conversion better.

Quick question:

1. does it change my e/s while in hysteria?

Do you mean energy drain per sec? If yes, then the answer is no, because drain is not affected by power strength.

1. is it worth using, since it gives 50%, compared to 30% from intensify?

IMO it is worth it on almost every channeled ability that needs strength, because you just need to pickup one energy orb and cast the ability after that.

1. is growing power worth using, compared to steel charge?

Not sure about that, both Auras are not very strong, so I guess the difference is not that big.

My gratitude tenno. 

1 minute ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Do you mean energy drain per sec? If yes, then the answer is no, because drain is not affected by power strength.

IMO it is worth it on almost every channeled ability that needs strength, because you just need to pickup one energy orb and cast the ability after that.

Not sure about that, both Auras are not very strong, so I guess the difference is not that big.

1. e/s = energy /(per) second
  2. not every channel ability, but thanks
  3. I'll guess I will just use steel charge

If for some reason you wanted to biuld completely around Hysteria, then Energy Conversion is superior to Intensify. It also doesnt affect the drain rate.

Growing Power just wont outstrip Steel Charge for boosting Hysteria.

Edited by Dualstar

1 minute ago, Dualstar said:

If for some reason you wanted to biuld completely around Hysteria, then Energy Conversion is superior to Intensify.

Growing Power just wont outstrip Steel Charge for boosting Hysteria.

Thanks, since growing power gives 25% power strength if proc with element, but I'll just use steel charge since many will use it.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Thanks, since growing power gives 25% power strength if proc with element, but I'll just use steel charge since many will use it.

If you have 180 power str on a Valkyr, a steel charge will give you 1/3rd extra power for hysteria.

A growing power will give you 1/6th but will provide a 1/6th increase in Warcry's buffs. Mod to your playstyle.

8 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

Isn't CP better for valkier than steel charge? iirc someone did some math and it turns out it is better, just food for thought 

Doing the math myself, doesn't seem that way. A lvl 50 gunner has around 8-9k armor. Lets work with 10k.

10k armor gives 97.09% damage resistance so you'll be doing 2.91% damage.

With CP it'll go down to 95.89% damage reduction so you'll be doing 4,11% damage.

Meaning you'll be doing 1,4 times more damage while with steel charge you'll be doing 1.6 times more.

If you go high level enough, CP gets stronger but for almost everything in game as it is, you'll be better off with SC.

12 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

If you have 180 power str on a Valkyr, a steel charge will give you 1/3rd extra power for hysteria.

A growing power will give you 1/6th but will provide a 1/6th increase in Warcry's buffs. Mod to your playstyle.

Doing the math myself, doesn't seem that way. A lvl 50 gunner has around 8-9k armor. Lets work with 10k.

10k armor gives 97.09% damage resistance so you'll be doing 2.91% damage.

With CP it'll go down to 95.89% damage reduction so you'll be doing 4,11% damage.

Meaning you'll be doing 1,4 times more damage while with steel charge you'll be doing 1.6 times more.

If you go high level enough, CP gets stronger but for almost everything in game as it is, you'll be better off with SC.

My gratitude Tenno.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

My gratitude Tenno.

actually, my bad on the first part, SC gives 60% extra melee to hysteria with 180 power str. and growing power will give it less than 14% extra melee damage but will provide about 14% increase in the buffs from warcry. Pardon the miscalc.

29 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Excuse me if I am wrong, but doesn't steel charge only buff melee base damage? The same as Pressure Point as Spoiled Strike? If you already have Pressure Point on your melee weapon (and let's be honest, when do you not have PP on your melee?), it will only be a multiplier of (1+1.2+0.6)/(1+1.2)=1.27, while CP is independent of other mods. And both are independent of Power Strength.

53 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

Isn't CP better for valkier than steel charge? iirc someone did some math and it turns out it is better, just food for thought 

1+ most ppl dont know how much cp is important... that why ppl ask me why u use cp on ash man...

11 minutes ago, ashrah said:

1+ most ppl dont know how much cp is important... that why ppl ask me why u use cp on ash man...

Ahh, corrosive projection. But you have to realise that many frames prefer other aura and can use corrosive element for weapons. 

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

16 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Excuse me if I am wrong, but doesn't steel charge only buff melee base damage? The same as Pressure Point as Spoiled Strike? If you already have Pressure Point on your melee weapon (and let's be honest, when do you not have PP on your melee?), it will only be a multiplier of (1+1.2+0.6)/(1+1.2)=1.27, while CP is independent of other mods. And both are independent of Power Strength.

If that is the case, then you're right. I'm a bit busy to test it out right now.

17 minutes ago, ashrah said:

Multiple CPs stack better than any other damage aura in game against armored mobs but that's 1/3 factions. Ash's bladestorm and the finisher hits he can trigger with teleport ignore armor though so good on you for being a team player and letting your teammates benefit from your aura choice ^^

What bothers me is lazy people who take CP to EVERY faction. I know most gear we have is stupid OP but it just feels lazy :/

38 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

What bothers me is lazy people who take CP to EVERY faction. I know most gear we have is stupid OP but it just feels lazy :/

To correct, many people forget to change it, I do the same when I go to confront another faction, I realize after I'm in the game. But to be correct, that's why I opt for SC, since it's better for those melee based exalted frames, and not concerned about factions.