Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More damage

boscojabot

Question

So I've been playing Warframe for about 3 months total (I played a couple years ago then took a break till recently). I came back and all the changes and additions are amazing yet startling. First I've found i hit a wall with my Mag. I've stalled around level 20-25. i can barely pass some missions but defense and survival are well beyond my ability. I just cant seem to do enough damage and i'm not sure how to be able to do more.

Thank you for your help

6 answers to this question

Hi Bosco!

I would suggest getting a tanky frame (Rhino is pretty simple to get - he drops from the Jackal no Venus) and doing some of the harder missions with the frame you choose. While doing those missions, you will probably get some damage mods, some endo, and some useless mods as well. Convert the useless mods into endo, and you can put all that endo into ranking up those damage mods. You can go back to your Mag once you have some higher-rank mods :)

thank you for the advice. while Rhino cooks what should i get? i typically use Rifles. So what mods work well with those? also i noticed that each gun has a higher advantage in puncture, impact, or slash. should i up all of them or just the ones it naturally has an advantage in? (for example im currently using the karak and i buffed the impact and puncture multipliers)

For rifles, I recommend the Boltor. It has a low MR requirement, is puncture based (which is arguably the best type of damage for rifles) and does some nice damage. If you are looking for secondaries, I recommend the Lex for the same reasons as above. And finally, for melee, you should try the Dual Ether swords. They are fast, do nice damage, and have high spin attack damage (crouch with the melee equipped while running).

Edited by ZenshadowOfZramx

for the returned player, i would highly suggest some research on what enemy weak at what damage type, like Corpus (rectangle-head and robot enemy) weak at Magnetic and toxin, Grinner weak at Corrosive and Radiation, stuff like that are full in wikia, u should check it.

about modding of weapons, always try to put on 2 elemental mod first (again, research it) for proper mission u join, then use all the pure damage and multishot mod that u can put in. Modding in warframe is kind of simple infact, just that not every weap have potential to go further to end game, so choose the weapon that u gonna forma and put catalyst on wisely. Some good weap would be Synoid Simulor, Tonkor, Hek, Soma(Prime) with crit build, etc......

hope these info can help, and welocme back to the game