Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The numbers in Primed pressure point do not add up!

Deshiel

Question

This is Primed pressure point e graph  for the meele mod that adds +DMG to your wepuns. It shows (from left to right) RANK, gain, drain/cost and conclave

0 +15% 4 C10
1 +30% 5 C11
2 +45% 6 C12
3 +60% 7 C13
4 +75% 8 C14
5 +90% 9 C15
6 +105% 10 C16
7 +120% 11 C17
8 +135% 12 C18
9 +150% 13 C19
10 +165% 14 C20

Below is regular pressure point.

Notice how the primed version gives less  damage gain but continues to add on drain/cost

0 +20% 4 C8
1 +40% 5 C8
2 +60% 6 C11
3 +80% 7 C14
4 +100% 8 C17
5 +120% 9 C20

Other primed damage mods do not screw you by weakening the damage gain from rank 0 to 10 like this little bastard does. Since this case is unique I'm wondering if its some sort of bug. That nobody cares about because Primed pressure point is not very common. 

I'm in a situation where I have primed pressure point on Rank 6, but it only provides +105% and takes away 10 points while the maxed regular pressure point gives +120% but takes only 9 points of my mod space.

Additional info:

Maxed pressure point gives +120% dmg and costs only 9 mod points.

Fusion from R0-to R5MAX is a matter of a small amount of Endo, Around 300-500

Primed Pressure Point has +120% on R7! for 11 mod points! 

Fusion from R0-R7 is like 1000-4000 Endo...

Edited by Deshiel

14 hours ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

As for this, it is still the same. You can give me examples of 2, maybe 3 swords from a list of ~50 swords, 2-3 bows from ~bows and so on.

As easily as I can point out the low-rarity weapons that compete with the best of the high-rarity weapons, I can point out the multitudes of high-rarity weapons that are just as outclassed as the worst of the low-rarity weapons. Fact of the matter is that in Monster Hunter Generations, rarity only points out how difficult it is to craft and upgrade a weapon.

When we take 50 readings in a laboratory experiment, we either discard anomalous values or proceed to do more tests to rectify the anomalies. We don't just keep the anomalies, because they can be catastrophic. Now, obviously, it won't be catastrophic here because it is a video game, but my point is that anomalies should be fixed when possible.

We have a total of 21 primed mods right now and 2 of them are anomalous. This is nearly 10% of your total data points.

If you take 50 readings in a laboratory experiment and a whole 5 of them are anomalous (and anomalous in approximately the same way as each other), something is clearly wrong. Either you screwed something up somewhere in your experimental process (somehow consistently in the same way for 5 data points) or your hypothesis needs to be re-thought.

If you read further, you would see that I agreed to the explanation provided by Lord_Azrael that PPP was not the problem, but instead PP was the culprit here. And so, I replaced my original suggestion by suggesting to just reduce PP to 90%, exactly like Point Blank. That would automatically remove the anomaly.

But then again, reading is always a pain, right? All people want is to jump right into the discussion after reading one post and disregarding the whole conservation that was happening, forcing me to repeat the same things like a broken record.

I did read that, thank you very much, and I don't agree with that conclusion, but I don't care enough about it to bother arguing that particular point.

8 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I can't even tell what we're arguing about anymore. Does anybody know? Why are we talking about heavy caliber? 

I'm just going with the flow.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Beck117 said:

Everyone knows Aeriel Style GS is king :) 

I'd like to see you say that to the pointy end(s) of my Demonlord Grudgel. :]

4 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

We have a total of 21 primed mods right now and 2 of them are anomalous. This is nearly 10% of your total data points.

If you take 50 readings in a laboratory experiment and a whole 5 of them are anomalous (and anomalous in approximately the same way as each other), something is clearly wrong. Either you screwed something up somewhere in your experimental process (somehow consistently in the same way for 5 data points) or your hypothesis needs to be re-thought.

Exactly!

Now, let me change your words a bit and let's see what happens -

If DE takes 21 Primed mods in Warframe and a whole 2 of them are anomalous (and anomalous in approximately the same way as each other), something is clearly wrong. Either DE screwed something up somewhere in their stat selection process (somehow consistently in the same way for 2 mods) or DE's stat selection system is needed to be re-thought.

I did read that, thank you very much, and I don't agree with that conclusion, but I don't care enough about it to bother arguing that particular point.

Wait, so you are saying that you will disregard my opinions about balance(which clearly is balanced) and then proceed to say talk about balance issues with PPP? That does not make any sense whatsoever.

Edited by DEADSHOT456

On 23 September 2016 at 7:26 PM, DEADSHOT456 said:

PPP does not have any logical explanation.

Yes it does, as I alluded to in my previous post, it has the logical explanation that DE wanted a new shiny for us to go for, but they didn't want the max power of it to be too OP, so they set the rate of amount of fusion needed to get to max drain the way it needed to be set in order to reach that ceiling. 

The fact that this makes equivalent rank of a lower-rated mod more cost-effective is a by-product of that calculation that we just have to live with, it's really not a big deal.

On 9/16/2016 at 8:02 AM, Deshiel said:

Think about it this way.

Maxed pressure point gives +120% dmg and costs only 9 mod points.

Fusion from R0-to R5MAX is a matter of a small amount of Endo, Around 300-500

Primed Pressure Point has +120% on R7! for 11 mod points! 

Fusion from R0-R7 is like 1000-4000 Endo...

YES. We are not blind. But it's 1000% intended. Scott even said even this wasn't supposed to come out, but Sheldon goofed a bit.

The point of this is that it's worth it only if you are a hardcore player that wants to have every tiny bit of power that can put his hands on.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

6 hours ago, Omnimorph said:

Yes it does, as I alluded to in my previous post, it has the logical explanation that DE wanted a new shiny for us to go for, but they didn't want the max power of it to be too OP, so they set the rate of amount of fusion needed to get to max drain the way it needed to be set in order to reach that ceiling. 

The fact that this makes equivalent rank of a lower-rated mod more cost-effective is a by-product of that calculation that we just have to live with, it's really not a big deal.

Read further.

The anomaly between PPP and PP does have an explanation, but it is NOT THE ONE you are saying. "DE wanted it so we live with it" is not a logical explanation. I feel sorry for you if you think that is a "logical" explanation.

The actual logical explanation lies in PP, as it was pointed out by Lord_Azrael two posts below the one you quoted.

I was wrong in thinking that PPP was the problem, but the actual problem lies in the fact that PP gives 120% at 9 mod points. This anomaly between PP and PPP would not have happened it PP was similar to Point Blank, with 90% at 9 mod points.

23 hours ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

Exactly!

Now, let me change your words a bit and let's see what happens -

If DE takes 21 Primed mods in Warframe and a whole 2 of them are anomalous (and anomalous in approximately the same way as each other), something is clearly wrong. Either DE screwed something up somewhere in their stat selection process (somehow consistently in the same way for 2 mods) or DE's stat selection system is needed to be re-thought.

No, stat selection is not analogous to collecting data in an experiment. Stat selection is the phenomenon being tested, not the method of testing the phenomenon. Here's what it should be:

If you take 21 Primed mods in Warframe and a whole 2 of them are anomalous (and anomalous in approximately the same way as each other), something is clearly wrong. Either you screwed something up somewhere reading the mods' descriptions (somehow consistently in the same way for 2 data points) or your hypothesis on what determines the mods' stats needs to be re-thought.

My assertion is that Primed mods have the same stats per rank and drain as their normal counterparts unless it would result in the maxed stats being overpowered, in which case those values can be lowered. This is consistent across all 21 Primed mods, leaving no anomalies.

23 hours ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

Wait, so you are saying that you will disregard my opinions about balance(which clearly is balanced) and then proceed to say talk about balance issues with PPP? That does not make any sense whatsoever.

No, you said that Primed Pressure Point is not at fault and that Pressure Point is actually at fault. I disagreed. My opinion is that neither is at fault. I am not willing to put the effort into arguing this, so I won't.

No, stat selection is not analogous to collecting data in an experiment.

I never said stat selection is analogous to collecting data. So, technically, you are trying to put words in my mouth in a subtle way.

I did the following -

1. experimental process ~ stat selection process
  2. hypothesis ~ stat selection system 

And since you probably won't understand that analogy, I will explain.

• Let's say a company is producing HCl for use in another industry  ~ DE making Primed mods for use in Warframe.
  • Let's say they are trying to make 21 bottles(for the sake of simplicity) of HCl, each containing same amount by quantity ~ DE is making 21 Primed mods, each having 10 ranks.
  • They made it using Direct Synthesis(30-35% purity by concentration) ~ DE made Primed mods by directly converting normal mods into a 10 rank mod.
  • 19 bottles of HCl were made by direct synthesis, thus giving 30% concentration, but 2 of the bottles of HCl were produced by Organic synthesis, thereby, reducing concentration to, lets say, 20%(screwed up in experimental/production process) ~ 19 primed mods were made by directly converting normal mods to 10 ranks mods, but 2 primed mods were made into 10 ranks mods with reduced stats(screwed up in stat selection process).
  • Now, the batch of 21 bottles of HCl contains 2 bottles with anomalous concentration of HCl ~ Now the 21 Primed mods contains 2 Primed mods that have anomalous stats.

• The question that now arises is, why did the company produce the HCl in those 2 bottles by direct synthesis if they knew the concentration would be higher than needed? Why did they keep those 2 bottles as 30% HCl?
  • Similarly, why did DE make a PPP and PPG if they knew that they would be OP? Why did they keep those two as a Legendary mod?

And no, don't give me that BS about Scott not wanting to release PPP but Sheldon did it. If DE as a company truly decided to not release something, they would have not or they would have removed PPP form players' inventory and restored the amount of Ducats, credits and Fusion cores used by the players within 2 days. The fact that Baro kept selling it for whole 2 days shows that DE as a company did not have a problem with it being released, except Scott himself. Because if it was an unexpected release, they would have fixed it, just like they did wen Baro had wrong items.

My assertion is that Primed mods have the same stats per rank and drain as their normal counterparts unless it would result in the maxed stats being overpowered, in which case those values can be lowered. This is consistent across all 21 Primed mods, leaving no anomalies.

Unfortunately, your assertion has many flaws to be true -

1. Almost all useful Primed mods are OP.
    Spoiler
    • Primed Continuity - Can counter 92% of the -ve aspect of Fleeting Expertise on its own. When a mod can do this, it is certainly OP.
    • Primed Point Blank - Provides a huge increase in DPS to an already OP class of weapon.
    • Primed Reach - Adding much more than double the range of a sword is certainly OP. Well done turning Orthos Prime and Mios into Snipers. I am not even going to say anything about Galatine Prime(as the best melee with huge range) or Telos Boltace(with the huge AoE increase).
    • Primed Heavy Trauma - Do I need to explain how OP a mod can be when giving 165% bonus primary or elemental damage?
    • Primed Heated Charge - And by elemental, I meant this one.

2. Even after reducing stats of 2 mods, they are still OP.
  3. PPG is an anomaly, but it has a reason for the anomaly. It costs less mod points. This is similar to providing more than the usual quantity in one of the 2 bottles of 20% HCl while still keeping it in the batch of 30% concentration. Now, the user knows that 1 bottle is anomalous in concentration, but that bottle also has more quantity of HCl than others. The explanation here would be that the company increased the quantity, thereby, reducing the quality.
  4. Your assertion originates from the result, not from the problem. Therefore, what is happening in your assertion is that you are forcefully matching your assertion with the situation.
  5. The most important of all - Your assertion is not true since PPP is not the problem, instead PP is.

No, you said that Primed Pressure Point is not at fault and that Pressure Point is actually at fault. I disagreed. My opinion is that neither is at fault. I am not willing to put the effort into arguing this, so I won't.

Totally different context. You are talking about something entirely different now. This was not the reason I quoted that part of your post.

Edited by DEADSHOT456

6 hours ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

I never said stat selection is analogous to collecting data. So, technically, you are trying to put words in my mouth in a subtle way.

No, the fact that you made that direct substitution indicates that you feel that those two situations are analogous.

And no, don't give me that BS about Scott not wanting to release PPP but Sheldon did it.

Point out where I ever mentioned this at all because I have not. I, too, do not consider this to be a valid argument.

• Primed Continuity - Can counter 92% of the -ve aspect of Fleeting Expertise on its own. When a mod can do this, it is certainly OP.
  • Primed Point Blank - Provides a huge increase in DPS to an already OP class of weapon.
  • Primed Reach - Adding much more than double the range of a sword is certainly OP. Well done turning Orthos Prime and Mios into Snipers. I am not even going to say anything about Galatine Prime(as the best melee with huge range) or Telos Boltace(with the huge AoE increase).
  • Primed Heavy Trauma - Do I need to explain how OP a mod can be when giving 165% bonus primary or elemental damage?
  • Primed Heated Charge - And by elemental, I meant this one.
  • Primed Continuity: I don't think being able to counter Fleeting Expertise on its own is that great of an accomplishment. All that does is free up one mod slot that would otherwise have been used for Constitution or no longer cause a loss in range from using Narrow Minded instead. A game-changer, sure, but not overpowered. It's simply in the middle range of Warframe mods along with Stretch and Transient Fortitude. Honestly, we'd be in a better place if every Warframe mod, including corrupted mods, only gave a maximum of around 60%.
  • Primed Point Blank: This mod is no different from Serration or Primed Pressure Point and is still weaker than Hornet Strike, though that's admittedly not too great of an argument. Shotguns have significant disadvantages that are not solved by increasing their damage per shot, namely the fact that they have long reload times and slow fire rates. Additionally, it is physically impossible to deal more DPS than to kill an enemy with one shot, which is what the strongest of shotguns were already doing to enemies at sortie levels before Primed Point Blank was implemented; any more damage is simply superfluous and simply doesn't make that much of a difference at that point. It's more an insurance for when you miss a pellet or two or are firing from beyond the damage fall-off point.
  • Primed Reach: I'll hand this to you, but only this.
  • Primed Heavy Trauma: Impact doesn't fare favorably in terms of its damage multipliers, dealing neutral damage to all armor and reduced damage to flesh. If this were a Puncture (effective against armor) or Slash (effective against flesh and has a good status effect) mod, I'd be more likely to side with you, but certainly not for Impact.
  • Primed Heated Charge: Equivalent to adding an additional 75% elemental to your weapon. This makes a bigger difference when your weapon has fewer elemental mods on it, but Heat doesn't combine into any of the first-choice combined elements (Corrosive, Viral, and Magnetic), making it useless for weapons where you only have only two slots for elemental mods where the boost is actually a really big deal (which is a good number of weapons, considering secondary weapons have more staple mods than other weapon types).
7 hours ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

Your assertion originates from the result, not from the problem. Therefore, what is happening in your assertion is that you are forcefully matching your assertion with the situation.

Which is what you're supposed to do in science, as well. If your data does not align with your hypothesis, you revise your hypothesis and test again. Throwing out data is not a valid choice unless you can show that the mistake was on your own end.

4 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

No, the fact that you made that direct substitution indicates that you feel that those two situations are analogous.

I did the substitution with the exact wording that I gave explanation to. I never used stat selection in place of collecting experimental data. I replaced 'your experimental process' with 'their stat selection process'. Both your statement and mine were pointing towards the process and not data collection or stat selection.

So, either you wanted to say something else, but wrote something entirely different, or you misinterpreted my wording.

9 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Point out where I ever mentioned this at all because I have not. I, too, do not consider this to be a valid argument.

I am sorry for this one, but usually, people follow up with that argument. So, I was being over cautious. Now that I know that you do not feel that it is a valid argument, there is not need for this statement.

11 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:
  • Primed Continuity: I don't think being able to counter Fleeting Expertise on its own is that great of an accomplishment. All that does is free up one mod slot that would otherwise have been used for Constitution or no longer cause a loss in range from using Narrow Minded instead. A game-changer, sure, but not overpowered. It's simply in the middle range of Warframe mods along with Stretch and Transient Fortitude. Honestly, we'd be in a better place if every Warframe mod, including corrupted mods, only gave a maximum of around 60%.
  • Primed Point Blank: This mod is no different from Serration or Primed Pressure Point and is still weaker than Hornet Strike, though that's admittedly not too great of an argument. Shotguns have significant disadvantages that are not solved by increasing their damage per shot, namely the fact that they have long reload times and slow fire rates. Additionally, it is physically impossible to deal more DPS than to kill an enemy with one shot, which is what the strongest of shotguns were already doing to enemies at sortie levels before Primed Point Blank was implemented; any more damage is simply superfluous and simply doesn't make that much of a difference at that point. It's more an insurance for when you miss a pellet or two or are firing from beyond the damage fall-off point.
  • Primed Reach: I'll hand this to you, but only this.
  • Primed Heavy Trauma: Impact doesn't fare favorably in terms of its damage multipliers, dealing neutral damage to all armor and reduced damage to flesh. If this were a Puncture (effective against armor) or Slash (effective against flesh and has a good status effect) mod, I'd be more likely to side with you, but certainly not for Impact.
  • Primed Heated Charge: Equivalent to adding an additional 75% elemental to your weapon. This makes a bigger difference when your weapon has fewer elemental mods on it, but Heat doesn't combine into any of the first-choice combined elements (Corrosive, Viral, and Magnetic), making it useless for weapons where you only have only two slots for elemental mods where the boost is actually a really big deal (which is a good number of weapons, considering secondary weapons have more staple mods than other weapon types).
  • Primed Continuity - Yes, it is indeed the mid value in Warframe(a bit more than mid value, but anyway). However, all the max values are corrupted mods. And this time, by corrupted mod, I mean that all +99% have a -X%. Primed Continuity, however, does not. Primed Continuity might not be game breaking, but it is certainly OP.

• Primed Point Blank - First of all, Serration is not even close to Primed Point Blank. Both may offer 165%, but they offer the bonus to different set of weapons. SGs are much more OP than rifles. As for disadvantages of SGs, of course they should have those. Otherwise, they would be broken on so many levels. But even those disadvantages are not enough to make them not OP. When you can OHK things in sorties, they are OP, because Sorties were supposed to be the official endgame stuff.

And you are absolutely right - PPB was not needed. SGs were OP even before PPB. Then, why did DE implement PPB to its full extent without reducing its bonus, like PPP? Did they forget about balance when they released PPB? That's is exactly what I am talking about. In essence, you just agreed to me. All I am saying is that PPP is not the only OP thing which needed its end value reduced for balance, PPB is the same, yet its value was not reduced. If anything, a SG with PPB is much more OP than a melee with PPP.

In your assertion, you said that DE reduced the end value of a Primed mod when they thought it would be OP, but the lack of reduction of value of PPB which makes a OP weapon category beyond OP(which you said as well in your post) disproves your assertion.

• Primed Heavy Trauma - This is a common misconception that Impact is the worst damage type due to its modifiers. Slash is the best, no doubt there.
    But between Impact and Puncture, Impact is better for an all-round build.
    The reason is that at high levels, puncture damage's armor modifier does not help much. At that level, it is almost necessary to strip your enemy of their Armor and with a moderate status chance, you need corrosive damage for that purpose. You see, people always think about the bonus damage from Corrosive(ferrite) and Radiation(alloy). What they forget is that Corrosive procs are much more valuable as they can strip away any type of armor(ferrite and alloy).
    That is why, at high levels, puncture damage becomes redundant with corrosive, because you pretty much need corrosive.
    However, if, suppose you are playing Void missions, you need to deal with shields as well and that's why Impact weapons are better than puncture at high levels. You don't need to add elements to Impact weapons to deal with shields, they do that on their own, so you can mod for Corrosive to strip away armor and Fire to deal with flesh.
    In case of Puncture weapon however, you still need corrosive to deal with armor, but you then, you can either deal with shields or flesh, not both.
    And no, I am not just babbling. I actually tested different builds on many weapons on 105 level void enemies consisting of every type and weapons with Impact,Corrosive and another element almost always killed void enemies faster than puncture weapons with corrosive and cold/heat.

• Primed Heated Charge - This one is both fascinating and important.
    When you say that Secondaries have more staple mods and therefore can not use a 3rd elemental mod, I am assuming that you are referring to crit weapons, since they have 5 staple mods instead of 3. So, I am going to provide examples. If my assumption is wrong by any chance, do provide me with the weapon names you were referring to.
    So, I will take 3 best crit secondaries and provide you with 3 builds for each. Each build will have exactly the same mod setup, with only the last mod changing. Burst DPS = BDPS, Sustained DPS = SDPS.

Sipra Prime with Sharpened Bullets -        BDPS = 39.4k   SDPS = 29.5k
    Spira Prime with Gunslinger      -               BDPS = 42.4k   SDPS = 28.6k
    Spira Prime with Primed Heated Charge - BDPS = 46.5k   SDPS = 34.9k

Twin Grakatas with Sharpened Bullets     -    BDPS = 35.1k   SDPS = 13.5k
    Twin Grakatas with Gunslinger       -              BDPS = 38.3k   SDPS = 11.5k
    Twin Grakatas with Primed Heated Charge - BDPS = 42k      SDPS = 16.1k

AkSomati with Sharpened Bullets     -    BDPS = 48.2k   SDPS = 34.4k
    AkSomati with Gunslinger          -           BDPS = 52.9k   SDPS = 33.5k
    AkSomati with Primed Heated Charge - BDPS = 58k      SDPS = 41.4k

In every single example, Primed Heated Charge build has higher DPS, as well as has the bonus from Fire against flesh. So, unless you can land Headshots really often, Sharpened Bullets build is never going to beat Primed Heated charge build and therefore, no point in not using PHC. And in case, you do, a better build would be with Hydralic Crosshairs, due to red crit chance on headshots. But I doubt majority of the players can land headshots consistently at anything more than short range with weapons like Twin Grakata and AkSomati, given the recoil.
    But nonetheless, PHC is a contender for that last slot you are talking about, even in crit secondaries and will almost always win in case of non-crit secondaries.
1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

Which is what you're supposed to do in science, as well. If your data does not align with your hypothesis, you revise your hypothesis and test again. Throwing out data is not a valid choice unless you can show that the mistake was on your own end.

That is true for a hypothesis, but not for an experiment based on an established thesis.
Why are you even referring to the current situation as hypothesis?
Hypothesis refers to a situation where the end result or reason is not known.
But here we already know the reason is "Because DE said it is for balance issues" because it has been said many times on the Devstreams. Even I have said many times in this thread that the anomaly between PPP and PP has no explanation except "DE decided it".
All I am trying to do here is to challenge the merit and logic of that reason.

Therefore, in this case, your assertion is not related to a hypothesis, rather, it is molded conveniently for an established thesis that says "DE did it because of balance issues".

16 minutes ago, DEADSHOT456 said:
  • Primed Heavy Trauma - This is a common misconception that Impact is the worst damage type due to its modifiers. Slash is the best, no doubt there.
    But between Impact and Puncture, Impact is better for an all-round build.
    The reason is that at high levels, puncture damage's armor modifier does not help much. At that level, it is almost necessary to strip your enemy of their Armor and with a moderate status chance, you need corrosive damage for that purpose. You see, people always think about the bonus damage from Corrosive(ferrite) and Radiation(alloy). What they forget is that Corrosive procs are much more valuable as they can strip away any type of armor(ferrite and alloy).
    That is why, at high levels, puncture damage becomes redundant with corrosive, because you pretty much need corrosive.
    However, if, suppose you are playing Void missions, you need to deal with shields as well and that's why Impact weapons are better than puncture at high levels. You don't need to add elements to Impact weapons to deal with shields, they do that on their own, so you can mod for Corrosive to strip away armor and Fire to deal with flesh.
    In case of Puncture weapon however, you still need corrosive to deal with armor, but you then, you can either deal with shields or flesh, not both.
    And no, I am not just babbling. I actually tested different builds on many weapons on 105 level void enemies consisting of every type and weapons with Impact,Corrosive and another element almost always killed void enemies faster than puncture weapons with corrosive and cold/heat.

Elemental damage definitely means more than physical damage, which is all the more reason why Primed Heavy Trauma is less desirable than its numbers would lead you to believe.

First order of business, you seem to underestimate the sheer number of Corrosive procs necessary to completely strip a high-level enemy of armor. Unless you are specifically using a weapon built for the purpose of removing enemy armor, such as a Strun Wraith, you will rarely be attacking an armored enemy's health directly. This is even more of an issue with melee weapons, which can land significantly fewer hits per unit time than shotguns and high-rate-of-fire guns.

Second, by using Primed Heavy Trauma, you've effectively declared that you have foregone getting Corrosive procs in favor of dealing more raw damage. Let's say you found a melee weapon with high status chance and 80% of its base damage in Impact. Let's also say you somehow have enough mod slots left over to fit five elemental mods on it so that you can fit in Primed Heavy Trauma and all four Corrosive mods (both 60% status-elemental mods and both 90% pure elemental mods) on it. A mere 24% of all of your status procs will be Corrosive. Combined with the overall low hit rate on melee weapons, you are not going to be proccing Corrosive many times unless the enemy is somehow surviving for a very long time. (Of note, to hit 100% status chance with only two 60% status-elemental mods, you need a minimum of 46% base status chance, which no melee weapon has.)

This means that Primed Heavy Trauma is specifically used for one of two things, either raw damage or improving the chance of landing Impact procs. Impact is neutral to all forms of armor and has reduced damage against health. Adding or adding to Corrosive, Radiation, or Cold will always be better than Impact against high-level armored units, even with a weapon with 100% base Impact damage. A 90% Heat mod will out-perform Primed Heavy Trauma against Cloned Flesh (Grineer) unless the weapon has at least 91% of its base damage in Impact and against Flesh (Corpus) unless the weapon has 73% of its base damage in Impact. Forming the Viral combination will always out-perform Primed Heavy Trauma against unarmored health.

So unless you really want to land more Impact procs or you somehow have an extra mod slot after slotting in Viral-Heat or you're in an augmented enemy shields or enemy elemental enhancement sortie condition, Primed Heavy Trauma is only on par with other elemental mods.

1 hour ago, DEADSHOT456 said:
  • Primed Heated Charge - This one is both fascinating and important.
    When you say that Secondaries have more staple mods and therefore can not use a 3rd elemental mod, I am assuming that you are referring to crit weapons, since they have 5 staple mods instead of 3. So, I am going to provide examples. If my assumption is wrong by any chance, do provide me with the weapon names you were referring to.
    So, I will take 3 best crit secondaries and provide you with 3 builds for each. Each build will have exactly the same mod setup, with only the last mod changing. Burst DPS = BDPS, Sustained DPS = SDPS.

Sipra Prime with Sharpened Bullets -        BDPS = 39.4k   SDPS = 29.5k
    Spira Prime with Gunslinger      -               BDPS = 42.4k   SDPS = 28.6k
    Spira Prime with Primed Heated Charge - BDPS = 46.5k   SDPS = 34.9k

Twin Grakatas with Sharpened Bullets     -    BDPS = 35.1k   SDPS = 13.5k
    Twin Grakatas with Gunslinger       -              BDPS = 38.3k   SDPS = 11.5k
    Twin Grakatas with Primed Heated Charge - BDPS = 42k      SDPS = 16.1k

AkSomati with Sharpened Bullets     -    BDPS = 48.2k   SDPS = 34.4k
    AkSomati with Gunslinger          -           BDPS = 52.9k   SDPS = 33.5k
    AkSomati with Primed Heated Charge - BDPS = 58k      SDPS = 41.4k

In every single example, Primed Heated Charge build has higher DPS, as well as has the bonus from Fire against flesh. So, unless you can land Headshots really often, Sharpened Bullets build is never going to beat Primed Heated charge build and therefore, no point in not using PHC. And in case, you do, a better build would be with Hydralic Crosshairs, due to red crit chance on headshots. But I doubt majority of the players can land headshots consistently at anything more than short range with weapons like Twin Grakata and AkSomati, given the recoil.
    But nonetheless, PHC is a contender for that last slot you are talking about, even in crit secondaries and will almost always win in case of non-crit secondaries.

Indeed, I was referring to critical hit secondary weapons, which have five staple mods.

As for the remaining remaining slot after putting in the first two elemental mods, I would like to put in one more contender in addition to Sharpened Bullets, Gunslinger, and Primed Heated Charge: Seeker.

I've not dabbled much with the Spira Prime or Twin Grakatas, but Seeker is certainly an option for the Aksomati. The primary use case that prompted me to use Seeker over another damage mod was to be able to hit enemies hiding behind cover due to the fact that they left only small bits of hit area exposed and the Aksomati has rather abysmal accuracy, even at medium range. A side effect is that Seeker, which gives an enormous 2.1-meter punch-through, also allows you to mow down groups of enemies much more quickly as your bullets are not stopped by the dead bodies of the enemies in front, which is probably the main reason why most people that use Seeker use the mod.

The thing is Primed Heated Charge is better than its similar alternatives, but it is not so much better that it makes a utility mod obsolete.

1 hour ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

That is true for a hypothesis, but not for an experiment based on an established thesis.
Why are you even referring to the current situation as hypothesis?
Hypothesis refers to a situation where the end result or reason is not known.
But here we already know the reason is "Because DE said it is for balance issues" because it has been said many times on the Devstreams. Even I have said many times in this thread that the anomaly between PPP and PP has no explanation except "DE decided it".
All I am trying to do here is to challenge the merit and logic of that reason.

Therefore, in this case, your assertion is not related to a hypothesis, rather, it is molded conveniently for an established thesis that says "DE did it because of balance issues".

A hypothesis is simply a preposition, often one used to explain some phenomenon. It is not mutually exclusive to the existence of an established thesis, mostly because it usually explains why the thesis exists in the first place. "I think Primed mods are the same as their regular counterparts per rank, but with 10 ranks total instead of the usual 3 or 5" is a hypothesis. The phenomenon is the choice of stats for a Primed mod, and the hypothesis is testable and can continue to be tested as we receive more data points.

This hypothesis has been shown to be false. As a result, a new hypothesis is required.

I assert the hypothesis to be "I think Primed mods are the same as their regular counterparts per rank, but with 10 ranks total instead of the usual 3 or 5, unless the final stats are egregiously high, in which case the stats per rank are modified to accommodate more reasonable final stats". This so far has proved to be true without having to hand-wave cases as arbitrary one-off exceptions by establishing one very specific exception case, but we cannot be absolutely sure that this will continue to hold true.

Until every single possible outcome past, present, and future is known, hypotheses are meant to be continually evaluated for accuracy. Those that are inaccurate should be re-evaluated, re-formed, and re-tested. That my hypothesis seems to be "molded conveniently" is simply because it was once revised to account for new information that contradicted the original hypothesis. The fact that a new data point was made available and failed the original hypothesis, but is still in line with the new one is simply affirmation of the new hypothesis... for now. You never know if DE will come up with another Primed mod that doesn't fit the new conditions.