Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now Sorties award credits only?

DEATHLOK

Question

I've not seen a weapon part as a Sortie award in a couple months. I realize others haven't seen a weapon part awarded in a year or more.

I didn't understand the mechanics behind the situation before, but apparently the award is somehow tied to the team's host. not to the needs of individual players. These means the odds of getting a weapon part are extremely low, unless the weapon is very new.

Are we expected to buy the Sortie weapons with real money from now on? Is it even possible? Or are you actually supposed to wait years to complete Sortie weapons?

Edited by DEATHLOK

9 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

I've not seen a weapon part as a Sortie award in a couple months. I realize others haven't seen a weapon part awarded in a year or more.

I didn't understand the mechanics behind the situation before, but apparently the award is somehow tied to the team's host. not to the needs of individual players. These means the odds of getting a weapon part are extremely low, unless the weapon is very new.

Are we expected to buy the Sortie weapons with real money from now on? Is it even possible? Or are you actually supposed to wait years to complete Sortie weapons?

warframe has removed the weapon parts because players would sold those plats gets alot of faster platinum while selling those weapon parts. When you wanna have weapon blueprints or weapon parts go to Maroo´s Bazaar, there are players selling Sortie weapons for Platinum. Go check it Have Fun :)

17 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

I realize others haven't seen a weapon part awarded in a year or more.

Well this is pretty disastrous, considering the fact that sorties have been implemented less than a year ago./S

18 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

It has never been tied to the host, it's all RNG. You have repeatable rewards, and non-repeatable rewards. Let's say your friend is the host and they got a non-repeatable reward (say Zenurik lens) some days ago, and you run a sortie with them. If RNG rolls the Zenurik lens as a reward, your friend (and teammates whose zenurik lens is checked) will get 2000 endo, while you get the lens. Running sorties solo or in squads doesn't affect your drops, it's just a misconception spread by people who have been cursed by RNG.

How consistently do you play sorties? If you play regularly and haven't seen a weapon part in months, you might possibly be one of the unluckiest players in all of Warframe. 

I've finished the checklists for season 7-9 so it's definitely possible, and I don't play everyday. It's rng, or in your case, the worst luck (supposedly) in sortie history (which is less than a year, btw).

Edited by ClaptoVaughn

1 hour ago, DEATHLOK said:

Are we expected to buy the Sortie weapons with real money from now on?

No.

52 minutes ago, Mario458 said:

Is it even possible?

Technically yes, if you buy platinum with cash then use said platinum to buy the weapon bps from another player.

1 hour ago, DEATHLOK said:

Or are you actually supposed to wait years to complete Sortie weapons?

It takes a couple months at most I would say, if you complete them daily.  Each sortie "season" lasts a varied amount of time.  I've done sorties every day more or less since they started and have no trouble getting every weapon reward.  The only time I missed a reward was the pyra syandana and that "season" was probably one of the shortest.  Now they are much longer.

Do them daily, eventually you will get them.  Right now its wraith twin vipers I believe.  You can scroll down to the rewards section in the "world state view" in navigation.  Don't ask me why its called that or how people even know to call it that or where its even labeled as that other that probably the wiki but somehow people know that's what its called eventually.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

It takes a couple months at most I would say, if you complete them daily.  Each sortie "season" lasts a varied amount of time.  I've done sorties every day more or less since they started and have no trouble getting every weapon reward.  The only time I missed a reward was the pyra syandana and that "season" was probably one of the shortest.  Now they are much longer.

Do them daily, eventually you will get them.  Right now its wraith twin vipers I believe.  You can scroll down to the rewards section in the "world state view" in navigation.  Don't ask me why its called that or how people even know to call it that or where its even labeled as that other that probably the wiki but somehow people know that's what its called eventually.

Just sayin' but I've also done sorties more or less daily since they came to consoles and I've missed out on getting all the parts for 4 different weapons (Snipetron Vandal, Latron Wraith, Strun Wraith, Sheev - although I was able to purchase the part I needed for the Sheev).  Not everyone will have the same RNG luck as you in getting all the pieces.

7 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Not everyone will have the same RNG luck as you in getting all the pieces.

Very true, just like I am having the worst luck under the sun when it comes to kavat codes yet others seem to get them to rain down from the heavens.  Just giving my experience on the matter.  With RNG there is no guarantee unfortunately and until they put in their fabled token system it will remain that way.

So, while one guy is saying they were removed from the game, because people were selling parts for Platinum, most others are saying they continue being possible rewards.

So, like most desirable weapons and equipment, the odds are simply miserable. And, yeah, I play Sorties daily. I've not seen a weapon part since June.

Weapon parts still drop in Sorties. It's duplicate weapon parts that no longer drop.

This was done for a few reasons but it wasn't likely platinum since when those parts dropped the sets were wroth like 20p at best. Which is nothing.

They were removed from duplicates to make the Sorties more valuable to do after you got said parts as the chance to roll duplicates is replaced by Endo and others.

12 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Weapon parts still drop in Sorties. It's duplicate weapon parts that no longer drop.

This was done for a few reasons but it wasn't likely platinum since when those parts dropped the sets were wroth like 20p at best. Which is nothing.

They were removed from duplicates to make the Sorties more valuable to do after you got said parts as the chance to roll duplicates is replaced by Endo and others.

Thanks for your clarity. You are a prince among men.