Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Range: Telos Boltace vs Orthos Prime

MrM1

Question

So, the Orthos Prime is known for its' amazing (overpowered) melee range.

Now, the Telos Boltace was added and the description tells us that its' melee range is also increased. So, is the Telos Boltace Range, compared to the Orthos Prime, better or worse? Since the Telos Boltace has a better range than normal Boltace..

10 answers to this question

i've heard of the additional attack from slides being at 20m with max primed reach. altho i can't confirm it myself just yet

5 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Completely un-sure of the following:

I believe the Telos Boltace's basic melee range is the same, it's the Slide-attack which has increased range (and damage?).

this is correct. only the additional attack during slide has the increased range.

hits from additional attack also don't count for combo counter and don't consume energy while channeling (but still trigger lifestrike)

Edited by Cash4Cookies

It's got some unique functions as listed but to get to the point the slide attack waves have WAY more reach than orthros prime if what I saw on a youtube vid was accurate.

It can use channel effect without costing en as long as the weapon itself doesn't make contact.  In exchange shockwaves don't build combo since the shockwaves don't count as "hits" in the system.  This second bit could change in a hotfix though so be wary.

10 minutes ago, RIOT said:

(with maxed prime reach, the AoE affect is like 20+ meters)

From my testing, it seems to be at least 24m. So it might actualy be better than the atterax! It's definitely farther than orthos prime.

14 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

it's the Slide-attack which has increased range (and damage?).

Actually, the AoE seems to have less damage, not more. But it compensates for this by essentially guaranteeing slash procs. If you don't know why this is a good compensation for lower damage, then... just trust me. It is.

(I recently took this to the simulacrum and killed 6 level 140 heavy gunners in two slide attacks.  :)   )

30 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

From my testing, it seems to be at least 24m. So it might actualy be better than the atterax! It's definitely farther than orthos prime.

BTW, that's with a maxed prime reach. Obviously without that you'll get less range. Sorry, forgot to point that out.