Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Deterioration.

LadyScootaloo

I don't know if this should go here, but, this is generally a rant of what I think is going on.

I've been seeing this for awhile, as many probably have.

However, recently, one of my most dedicated and loyal clannies finally left the clan. (and the game)

In fact, every large clan will notice a heavy number of inactives.

The reason? (my assumption)

COMPLETE(almost) LACK OF INTEREST

CONTENT AND PROGRESS

Down to the point, there is no real goal in this game.

There is no sense of progress beyond a few menial challenges.

For that matter, there isn't even any feasible visual confirmation of advancement beyond a few tiny numbers in a game where the visuals represent a huge perk. (one of the bigger reasons to play it)

There is a lack of content to collect, to reach for.

Compared to even the smallest of MMORPGs, there is next to nothing to do.

While I cannot call this game an RPG, it's gameplay focus definitely fits it. (PVEProgression-Focused)

There is no real concept of gameplay beyond 'kill, level and collect'. 

This would be fine, but here's the thing.

Almost all killing is based on sheer overpowering. (situational difficulties exist, yes, but it doesn't change this fact)

Leveling? It would be a lot more interesting if it served any other purpose than to collect (a few) more and to show off a bigger number.

Collection? Even compared to other modern-day pve games, whether shooter, rpg or even platformer, there isn't nearly enough to collect.

To make it worse, there's fewer and fewer reasons to collect over time as some weapons blindly overpower others and are easily within the same range as a collectible.

Lack of diversity and material in content, gameplay and progression, if I had to say it bluntly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

SOCIAL TIES

Limited to simple chatboxes. I can't expect much else, it's not that bad, to be honest.

Dojos exist if we wanted to hang around in clans, at the cost of some lag and hardly anything to do other than show off the limited customization.

CUSTOMIZATION

It's limited. The colours are cool, but, let's face it, only lower the value of all designs around the standard of it's colouring, visually.

Even compared to archaic games where the only costumizations are 1-3 hairstyles, 5-10 outfits and 50 weapon designs, it's just passable.

The colours? Very nicely done, but, it's mostly the same for most people or just highly irrelevant.

The frames? A few helmet changes, and, most speculate for the future, add-ons, which... is either pay2get or everyone has it.

Weapons? Colours and a few skins.

DE Staff

You guys are doing a great job at showing that you give any concerns about what we say, I really have to admit that.

However, for everyone to vouch for you guys, there are 5, maybe 10 who don't.

Whenever someone doesn't like what a DE is doing, not many care enough to comment.

Those who do are instantly shot down by your 'loyalists', whether or not they have a clean, valid point.

This actually does not matter as it's going to happen whether you like it or not, but I feel it necessary to bring up for others to notice.

Lack of an open-world, DE-hosted

Money issues concerned. Nothing I can say here, it's just something many would like once there are better collection purposes, social trades or functions to go with.

Closed Beta

No one really buys the fact this is still considered CBT, rather, only by name. 

It's gone quite far into what most would call 'commercial release'.

Many people think this is just an excuse for a number of things.

Whether it is or not, it is not unexpected of people to think that.

Closing notes

I hope this isn't too discouraging to read. It definitely will discourage those who agree/believe it.

The point of it is to get over it and do something about it. (this is to any DEs who might read this)

For a fact, I'm still staying to see if I have spent my time(and money) here well... (setting up for potential entertainment)

... or if this game turns out to be another big visual grinder with hardly any gameplay content beyond a few numbered changes.

Whether anything is done about our current situation doesn't matter.

Warframe will still be netting in lots of cash from it's current stand.

The question will be WHO gives them cash.

And since most players are the same, multi-personality person to them, I assume it doesn't really matter, they're still going to get what they need, if not entirely what they want.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

some of these are valid.

some are very subjective.

and others are superficial.

over all i commend your effort. most are willing to throw a fit and leave without actually saying anything.

i dont necessarily agree with many of your points but i liked that they were actual points. rather than just aimless finger pointing and wild claims i see from most.

mostly posting because bete IS beta. regardless of how some want to throw it out of a window to assert that their points are "stronger" because they dont want to believe whats clearly written on the face of the game.

A lot of valid points here, but do remember, beta IS beta, as MetalGerbil has already said. There is A LOT of incomplete content and placeholders that DE is (hopefully) working hard to patch up. Hell, they even said the dojo system is still in Alpha. The only suggestion i can give is to take a break from the game and come back later, when they've made a few updates, and see how the game goes further down the line.

Oh and brace yourself, the fanboy s@#$storm is coming.

This game still severely lacks seriously challenging end-game content. Challenges that easily punish you with death if you aren't careful enough, but greatly reward you if you manage to beat them.

Regarding the chat and dojo: I don't really think that it is enough.

You can hang out in the dojo, but apart from donating resources, getting blueprints and occasionally dueling, there is no reason to do so.

The dojo should function more like a hub for the clan to form groups and actually access the game from it (sort of like a small open-world part in the game)

The chat is frankly a bit of a bad design. You can't go on a mission with some random people and talk to them and clan members simultanously.

I quite often miss a conversation (e.g. forming a group) in the clan, just because I wanted to chat with the people I am playing with or just see, what they are talking about.

The customization is kind of lacking. I know that there are new helmets coming, but I'd actually rather be able to get a new skin/colour layout, or even better: Customize the colour layout of the skins myself.

It doesn't have to be as excessive as in games like e.g. Need For Speed, but giving a more personal note to the Warframe would really be a cool feature.

The game is in open beta, not closed, but frankly the definition of beta is quite stretchable.

Edited by Tyrian3k

Sad, really sad.

But true. I agree on many topics you touched.

To DE:

There is NO actual goal, besides grinding to get all warframes and weapons, just so you can grind..happier? I used to love this game. Now i'm only sticking around waiting for some REAL and MAJOR changes.

I got all the frames i want: Ash, Nyx, Volt, Excal, Vauban and Frost and almost every weapon that fits my style. ALL farmed heavily. What's left? Not much.

I'm almost rank 5 and i think i'll stop there until some end-game material is out. The only thing i enjoy playing now is defense.

In my opinion, what this game needs so it can reach its full potential (when released) is:

- Better UI. Change it. Completely. Please. It doesn't bother me anymore, i got used to it, but i know how frustrating it was before - and that's how new people feel.

- Better warframe customization and some kind of warframe visual evolution when 30 is reached. It adds to the satisfaction of reaching that level. A lot.

- DE hosting. Like Lady said: we understand it, but the lag..the LAG!

- Last but not least: end game material. I collected everything i need for myself. Now what?

Some "Competitive PvE" would be great. Like when the devs raced in endless defense.

THAT kind of stuff.

Step by step, this game can improve so much. 

Stop adding warframes and weapons for the moment....we need content..

Game Houses must understand 1 important thing about the current "average player":

- You charm it with the gameplay but he needs/loves Objectives, without them he will leave as fast as he joined

- Doesnt play because he likes to play, he plays because he wanna complete this or that objective/challange, earn that title/weapon/whatever

- Community are usually split in hardcore vs casual players, none will ever have a 100% satisfied community

I agree with everything you said. I know I sound like a $&*^ for saying this and guys don't get me wrong I love this game and I love the direction it's going but recently I've stopped playing it and gone back to Ghost Recon online while still checking the forums here. I'm waiting for the update now and will pop back in to have a go on that to see if the differences make me want to keep playing or wait for another update. I will keep playing this game just at the moment I've done all I've wanted to do and feel much the same way as the OP.

The points you have elaborated on above are mostly valid points, and honestly speaking, I do feel like that sometimes. I suddenly noticed that I am just staring aimlessly at my completely unlocked maps and wonder what to do all the time. Of course, the game is still in BETA, such stuff are inevitable. I believe the DE are all working very hard to make the game better for all of us

This game still severely lacks seriously challenging end-game content. Challenges that easily punish you with death if you aren't careful enough, but greatly reward you if you manage to beat them.

Regarding the chat and dojo: I don't really think that it is enough.

You can hang out in the dojo, but apart from donating resources, getting blueprints and occasionally dueling, there is no reason to do so.

The dojo should function more like a hub for the clan to form groups and actually access the game from it (sort of like a small open-world part in the game)

The chat is frankly a bit of a bad design. You can't go on a mission with some random people and talk to them and clan members simultanously.

I quite often miss a conversation (e.g. forming a group) in the clan, just because I wanted to chat with the people I am playing with or just see, what they are talking about.

The customization is kind of lacking. I know that there are new helmets coming, but I'd actually rather be able to get a new skin/colour layout, or even better: Customize the colour layout of the skins myself.

It doesn't have to be as excessive as in games like e.g. Need For Speed, but giving a more personal note to the Warframe would really be a cool feature.

The game is in open beta, not closed, but frankly the definition of beta is quite stretchable.

True. +1

There is no sense of progress

I don't think its completely absent but I have been concerned about how the game seems to handle progression.  Level 30 equipment is the cap, and reached relatively quickly (Yes there are potatoes and forma).  Then the player is expected to take new equipment up to max.  But the areas of the game have a very clear progression which don't fit with the up down power level of the player.  Tenno rank is likely supposed to be the true progression for the player but what kind of progression should that afford?  Should the higher rank weapons be strictly better?  Or should ranks give passive statistical advantages which help leveling new weapons or against the highest level enemies?  With increasing resistances and health enemies have a quadratic scaling, and the level 70 enemies we saw during the alerts were at a level most guns right now can't reach.

Compared to even the smallest of MMORPGs, there is next to nothing to do.

Lack of an open-world, DE-hosted

Money issues concerned. Nothing I can say here, it's just something many would like once there are better collection purposes, social trades or functions to go with.

I just wanted to point out that warframe was never presented as an open world mmo.

Some people try to call it one but its less wow and more diablo.

I understand a lot of what you're saying but some of it needs to be re-examined from the perspective of the right genre.

I don't think its completely absent but I have been concerned about how the game seems to handle progression. Level 30 equipment is the cap, and reached relatively quickly (Yes there are potatoes and forma). Then the player is expected to take new equipment up to max. But the areas of the game have a very clear progression which don't fit with the up down power level of the player. Tenno rank is likely supposed to be the true progression for the player but what kind of progression should that afford? Should the higher rank weapons be strictly better? Or should ranks give passive statistical advantages which help leveling new weapons or against the highest level enemies? With increasing resistances and health enemies have a quadratic scaling, and the level 70 enemies we saw during the alerts were at a level most guns right now can't reach.

Tenno rank(Mastery Rank?) is tied to how many weapons you've brought to 30 (first time) and is mostly unrelated to the actual power of a player, rather just what they have. It's even an option not to do the test and retain a lower mastery rank while having all the weapons/etc to 30.

As to the rest of that, I wish I had some answers. Most games like WF tend to follow a numbered leveling system.

Warframe uses an overall leveling system that is quite uncommon to see.

Sadly, that may just be the point. The difference between a r5 and r11? A few weapons and closed cases.

Some changes are coming into it(even stronger weapons for higher ranks), but, at this pace, it's not doing much.

(though, if you look at it differently, it's setting a fine bar between NEWBIES and SEMINEWBIES, not so much as far as 1-week-old veterans go)

@Ronyn

That part was just an observation of a (considerably) plausible option that many would enjoy.

It does not relate at all to any of the current problems Warframe is facing.

Simply put.

This game was never meant to have a Public Open World Hub. But it would be nice, wouldn't it?

Edited by LadyScootaloo

One thing that could help is more mastery unlocked weapons and items.

want some really powerful weapons, keep playing, raise your mastery rank and unlock better stuff.

I remember wanting HEK, and going for that 4 mastery rank was a chalange but that locked lvl4 weapon intriuged me and made me work towards it.

After i got hek, turned out to be one hell of a weapon.

Now that I'm mastery lvl 5 I don't have much to strive for any more. Voids bores me now, got the latron prime, i have about 10 latron parts, and 4 bp's, which i don't want or need.

So yeah I agree there should be something more, something to challenge to rank up and gain something better.