Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The Jump Attack ?

Valfunde

I remember a few hotfixes ago, I could use the jump attack to fall faster.

I mean, it was fun, but I would I found understandable that the speed gets nerfed to the normal fall speed. After all, why should the fall speed change with a little move while jumping ?
But correct me if I'm wrong, but now, we are slower when using the jump attack. Why ?
The only time I tried it in the tall elevators room in the grineer asteroid, I felt so ridiculous. I was almost  gliding in the air so that I was supposed to fall to hit something on the ground.

Can anyone explain this to me ? Or do you agree ?

I don't remember DE saying they don't want the players to rush. I don't understand when people blame the others that like to be fast either, btw.

They often say in the livestreams about "The rushing problem". So Im pretty sure they dont really like people rushing in this game.

I doubt this had anything to do with the rusher/explorer problem. I remember one time I had snuck up a cliff and planned to do a slam attack on this unaware crewman. Here I was thinking "this'll be awesome, I just gotta jump, and press melee, and... float to the ground like a graceful butterfly" while watching the corpus crewman laugh at me and sidestep 2m.

Edited by Excitonex

yep... slow falling is slow... and it diminishes the impact... it still does the same damage but it doesn`t FEEL like the same damage... which is sad... :(

DE bring speed back (not just the fast falling, but movement fluidity and speed in general). slowing down never fixes problems. you don`t see a river slowing down to get through a dam, do you?

They often say in the livestreams about "The rushing problem". So Im pretty sure they dont really like people rushing in this game.

They said that they don't mind if players are fast and they kill stuff in their way.

They DID, however, ALSO say that they don't like it when players totally ignore mobs and run past them, and the mobs turn into this huge line following the players room-to-room.

They said that they don't mind if players are fast and they kill stuff in their way.

They DID, however, ALSO say that they don't like it when players totally ignore mobs and run past them, and the mobs turn into this huge line following the players room-to-room.

Also they don't like people who rush straight to extraction and ignore the objective.

I second that, I saw this on the livestream twice now... one even went on about how he hates how people rush through his maze and don't even look around.... some of us have seen it hundreds to thousands of times.... we just want to get in and get out.

Now I have been noticing that my normal run has been slowed down even further.  Seriously DE... do you want a run of the mill boring walkthrough game or a game that gives you a small high from how fast you can navigate a ship and actually have a futuristic ninja feel to it?

It just seems that ever so slightly we are being slowed down more and more ... it will start getting boring to a lot of us if this trend keeps up.

The "Rushing Problem" can easily be dealt with if people that get to the extraction are just allowed to leave.  Whoever reaches the pod, just let them go already so that slow players that want to explore can do so in peace and those that want to go can go on to their next mission.

Also they don't like people who rush straight to extraction and ignore the objective.

After a while, it gets boring fighting the same respawning enemies over and over, especially in Eris/Pluto where moving super fast keeps you alive because of how fast they tear through your shields and health.