The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Intermittent freezing

(XBOX)Midnight Malice

Hi everyone,

We have gone ahead and merged a number of threads discussing the issue with freezing on the Xbox One since The Silver Grove was released. We can assure you that we are currently in the process of investigating this issue and we hope to provide a solution for you in a timely manner. If during our investigation we require any additional information on the issue we will be sure to ask in this thread.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM, (XB1)BoobagElite117 said:

Issue just started toda s. While playing with a couple randoms today I hit some serious lag when they were hosting. Tried switching hosts several times, same thing occurred. When I hosted, the game was fine for a little bit and then the lag set in.

Issue continued even after I reset my internet and Xbox. Been like this all day, and it's the first time it's ever happened

I've been experiencing the same problem.A couple  of missions ok then real bad lag spikes.My connection Is upto speed but I still have the same Issue whether I host or not.

Same thing's happening to me. And this happens either when I start a mission(mostly void fissure missions) alone and some players join afterwards, or I join an ongoing mission. Either way the image starts to freeze every 3 seconds. And it must be a server issue because when someone invites me to join on recruit chat, before the SG update I would normally get warnings of people who has bad ping response rate in an average of 400 and 500ms. Which doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Now after the SG update those bad ping response warnings come with an average between 1500 and 3000ms. That's an automatic ticket to Lag-oland. Needless to say how frustrating it is to see your frame freezing in the middle of a bullet jump.

dont want to jynx it buuuuut today is so far so good, been unplayable in anything but solo for ages. not seen any updates yet but fingers crossed. update on that lag returned 2 games after i posted this :( got faith DE will fix this soon they are a business after all this kind of thing is damaging to them as it is frustrating to us. 

Edited by (XB1)HURTUMUCHLY
problem not solved

Could anyone who is still experiencing this issue on Xbox One please check to make sure that you are running on the latest system update?
It should be OS version: 10.0.14393.1062 which went live on 9/23/2016 (3 days ago) for "Performance and General Improvements".

Also, if you happen to have Warframe installed on an external hard drive, can you try moving it to your internal drive and see if that helps?

Thanks. 

48 minutes ago, (XB1)HURTUMUCHLY said:

could you tell me where i can find my current os version on xbox one as i cannot find it for love nor money lol. would uninstalling and reinstalling warframe help you think?

No problem. From your Xbox One dashboard:

Press left on the left analog stick (so that side menu pops up)
Press down on the left analog stick until you get to the cog wheel, then select it
Select "All Settings"
You should now be in the System tab. If so, select Console info & updates

Here you should see whether or not you have an update available for your Xbox One. If so, go ahead and update it. 

When you are ready to leave this screen you can just press the B button.

--

As far as reinstalling Warframe, I would hold off doing this for now as Warframe is a rather large download. We are still investigating this freezing issue so we wouldn't want to recommend downloading another 20-30GB if we weren't 100% positive that it would solve the problem. 

my download speed is epic so i uninstalled anyway already reinstalled, thanks for the help dmitri it is great to see you guys are working on this will check for updates on xbox now.

i am on the correct os version, once i have had dinner and put my daughter to bed i will open up warframe and see if reinstalling it helped any

Edited by (XB1)HURTUMUCHLY
stsus update

ok so far problem solved but NOT due to reinstall, there were issues when silver grove hit but as dmitri said they had already fixed this on the 23rd, for me at least it was a hardware issue with my xbox after hardwiring to my router there was no problem at all i even hosted the raid with 0 problems. for anyone else who is still confronted with this issue try hardwiring to your router, even if it doesnt work it cant hurt to try. thank you for your personal involvement in this dmitri and thank you DE for the fix.

Im having this intermittent freezing too since 09/17/2016 and I found the same issue in another game as well (don't know if it is related):

In Forza Horizon (backwards compatibility game) the intermittent freezing looks like the same im having in Warframe (again, dont know if it is related, im just trying to provide some info to help, as Warframe is my main game), and this issue appears heavily in the central hub area (upgrade and buy cars, etc.). 

Probably different issues, but...

well i thought mine was fixed but it has just come back but there was a hardware problem with my xbox all games lagged when wireless now just warframe with ethernet cable. devastated thought it was fixed, a few of my friends are also still having the problem. thats what i get for getting my hopes up. at least we got a raid run last night before it broke again today XD

speaking on behalf of myself evans647 d34n0 20 and several other whop asked not to be named, none of us have any apps running on the side or in the background. we double checked this to sure we had no extra things running. these freezes also occur while we are in our ships on relays and at the bazaar. we all also tried various other games online player hosted e.g minecraft and server hosted e.g the crew. no other games we all own are freezing like this. some additional information when we experience these freezes it is visable to other players, when i lag evans noticed my warframe ran on the spot then jumped forwards and i noticed the same on those guys. being host or not doesnt seem to matter. hope this helps

Hi Dmitri, i've  done the latest update on the Xbox One, i tried warframe on my external hard drive and got intermittant game freezes.I installed the game on my internal hard drive and did what you suggested and it's still the same.After around 4 or 5 missions i'm getting the game locking up every few seconds.The corpus interception sortie my game was locking up virtually every second or so.It seems to have stemmed from my install of the Silver Grove update.It's making the game extremely frustrating and i'm finding it difficult to enjoy the game in this state.Thanks and here's hoping it's sorted soon.Re running other apps the answer is no to that.

Can we please have everyone who has not yet submitted a support ticket to please do so as soon as possible? This will allow us to investigate this issue even further. Unfortunately we are still having a difficult time reproducing these freezes so any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

You can create a support ticket here

When you write your ticket be sure to include the following information as it is very important and will help us narrow down the cause of these freezes:

• What Country/State/Province do you live in?
  • What console are you playing on (Xbox One/Xbox One-S)?
  • Are you playing off external or internal hard drive?
  • Are you experiencing the same issues with games other than Warframe? If so, which games?

**Additionally, it would be helpful if you could submit a picture of your "Console Info & Updates" settings screen. 

If you currently have an open support ticket then you do not need to worry about writing another one.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and we are doing everything we can to put an end to these freezes. 

This "studdering" or "lagging" is happening to more and more people, more and more often.  It's so bad that the game is unplayable.  I have checked both playing the game on my PC and also on my XBox One console, with the same issue.  No other game is having this issue.  I also have another console on the same network and it is working fine.  The 2 Xbox consoles have been running together with no problem for years.. both with 2 x XBox 360 and now 2 x Xbox One.  Also things worked fine with a very slow connection and now I have a 50+ MB connection up and down and never had a problem until the Titania release.  This is a growing problem and most people are just giving up and going to other games to not play Warframe again.  I'm leaning that way as well.  When you can't even play the game because of lag issues, which are so bad they make my head hurt, you tend to stop playing.

Do you not know that there is an issue?

This is a huge issue which needs some acknowledgement from Warframe, before it's too late.

they are aware of the issue bud it is frustrating for sure. DE Dmitri said that they are trying to replicate the problem their end to find out what is causing it. I can only imagine it is like trying to find a needle in a heystack. they do care about their players no players = no business, im sure as soon as they find out what is going on we will have a fix very shortly after.

Thank you for your response HurtUMuchly.  I have not seen anything acknowledging the issue from Warframe for XBOX as of yet, but I'm glad to see that there are a lot of people complaining about the issue.  Well, not that glad because it means there is a huge issue, but glad that people are saying something about it.  Everyone that is not having a problem just says that it must be something that I'm doing.  Which is wrong.  It's more than frustrating and if they want to see for themselves, they can watch my session.  The game is sometimes unusable even just sitting on my ship doing nothing.  Which really says something when you don't have to be doing anything idling and the stuttering happens.  I hope they figure something out quickly.. it's going on several weeks of this.  In addition to the game just being horrible laggy, but it's not even laggy.. it's a huge stutter, it is also dropping people from the missions randomly. Which has been happening for a long time and still not fixed.  When I say stutter, I'm talking 1 second of play then 1 second of pause then 1 second of trying to recover from the pause because the game has completely turned me around or done something else odd, then pause, recover, pause, recover, you and Warframe (DE) get the picture.  It's mind numbing.  Then it might stop for a few minutes, and then it starts again.  Not much fun.

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 6:45 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

No problem..sFrom your Xbox One dashboard:

Press left on the left anasnog stick (so that side menu pops up)
Press down on the left analog stick until you get to the cog wheel, then select it
Select "All Settings"
You should now be in the System tab. If so, select Console info & updates

Here you should see whether or not you have an update available for your Xbox One. If so, go ahead and update it. 

When you are ready to leave this screen you can just press the B button.

--

As far as reinstalling Warframe, I would hold off doing this for now as Warframe is a rather large download. We are still investigating this freezing issue so we wouldn't want to recommend downloading another 20-30GB if we weren't 100% positive that it would solve the problem. 

Thanks the reply, I've done the update, admittedly I was playing from an external hard drive.I re Installed the game on my Internal and will let you know what the outcome Is.