The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Intermittent freezing

(XBOX)Midnight Malice

This bug si very strange, sometimes it showed up when i log in and sometimes it appears after 1 hour of game session. I invited a friend 2 weeks ago at my place and we were playing warframe on xbox at the same time on the same network and i got the bug but not him and we both bought the xbox one in 2013. 

I tried everything to understand how this bug works... but i failed... i hope you will find the solution :-)

3 hours ago, (XB1)Antonsghost said:

so I double tap my home button minimise warframe now while doing this the lag stops I see play continuing in minimise screen with no lag telling me it might be more an xbox issue over warframe I normally die at this point as I'm in homescreen I wait a minute then go back to play this stops lag for about 4-5 min then returns often worse.

I was like WTF ?! when i double tap to return to my xbox "home" and saw warframe running fine without lag. Sometimes, when the bug showed up, i go to "home", i open youtube for 5 secs and then i return to warframe and the game don't lags for 15 min max. But sometimes this trick doesnt work :-( 

Ps: sorry for my english and my orthography..

On 9/30/2016 at 1:05 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Also, could anyone who is still experiencing this issue please try power cycling their Xbox One? 
To power cycle your console, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
  2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller. 

Then try playing Warframe again and let us know if you still experience these same freezes.

Thanks.

Yep, it's still there.  Not playing until this is fixed, the stuttering is dizzying and gives me a headache.

i figured out how to clear the lag every time fast ... hopefully this helps you figure out what to fix.   "press the home button once and go back into game ... don't close game" .. it clears the lag every time! 

The lag doesn't have a pattern, and comes when it wants. 

This is the best and fastest fix, you don't even have to relog... After fully testing more playing 10/10 times it worked , as far as when the lag comes back or what causes it.... 

Edited by (XB1)DjVial

3 hours ago, (XB1)DjVial said:

i figured out how to clear the lag every time fast ... hopefully this helps you figure out what to fix.   "press the home button once and go back into game ... don't close game" .. it clears the lag every time! 

This is the best and fastest fix, you don't even have to relog... After fully testing more playing 10/10 times it worked , as far as when the lag comes back or what causes it.... 

thanks for that it does fix it for a little while, makes it bearable at least. still annoying having to stop and hide somewhere while you do it but for sure a great short term option. 

On 9/22/2016 at 7:28 PM, (XB1)TexasBotHurt said:

Ran 5 Void Fissures no problem, 6th Void Fissure starts and I can't move 2 steps without MASSIVE lag spikes. Check my Detailed Network stats... 150mb Download, 47mb upload, 15ms Latency... WTF.

Check Destiny, no problem.

Overwatch, no problem.

Dragon Age: Inquisition MP, no problem.

Back to Warframe, HO LEE SHET lagging like I'm running Hugh'sNet or dialup

Hoo Lee SHET Xd 

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. Unfortunately we still do not have a solution to this freezing, however we are continuing to try to track one down. It appears that this may actually be a problem that has been occurring across a number of different Xbox One games, many of which claim it had started a few weeks ago with a recent Xbox One system update.

So while we can assure you that any updates related to Warframe will be posted on these forums / through our support tickets, you may also find the Xbox One support forums to be a useful tool for tracking down potential solutions as well (even if Warframe is the only game that you are experiencing these freezes on).

For example: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/2210586.aspx?pi7962=1

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. Unfortunately we still do not have a solution to this freezing, however we are continuing to try to track one down. It appears that this may actually be a problem that has been occurring across a number of different Xbox One games, many of which claim it had started a few weeks ago with a recent Xbox One system update.

So while we can assure you that any updates related to Warframe will be posted on these forums / through our support tickets, you may also find the Xbox One support forums to be a useful tool for tracking down potential solutions as well (even if Warframe is the only game that you are experiencing these freezes on).

For example: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/2210586.aspx?pi7962=1

Oh thx RNGesus, at least ya'll are looking into the issue and actually acknowledged the problem.

Thank you for your hard work.

19 hours ago, (XB1)DjVial said:

well i have it not clearing all the time now =(

A new Xbox One system update was released today. We believe there may be a fix in this update that addresses this problem. Could everyone please update their systems and let us know if you still experience these freezes?

More info on this update (OS version 10.0.14393.1065) can be found here: 
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system

To update your Xbox One:

1. Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select All Settings.
  4. Select System.
  5. Select Console info & updates.

Thanks. 

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

10 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

A new Xbox One system update was released today. We believe there may be a fix in this update that addresses this problem. Could everyone please update their systems and let us know if you still experience these freezes?

More info on this update (OS version 10.0.14393.1065) can be found here: 
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system

To update your Xbox One:

1. Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select All Settings.
  4. Select System.
  5. Select Console info & updates.

Thanks. 

I have updated my console to the latest OS of 10.0.14393.1065 and done some testing playing Warframe and this update did not fix the issues.  They seem to have gotten even worse at this point. The same issues still exist.

Seems worse today , doesn't clear to well or for long periods. Also getting failed to connect to the navigation window. I can still do everything in the ship ..  I erge the de, to look at all my videos and screen shots on my xbox account. 

atm right now can't play 

All updated 

Edited by (XB1)DjVial

In addition to all the other issues already listed, I wanted to add another interesting item.  For some time now, I have noticed that when flying to missions the energy trail from the engines of my ship do not show.  Numerous people have commented that they do not see anything coming from my ship.  I have tried changing energy colors to see if that would reset the effect, but has not seemed to do anything.  Has anybody else noticed this happening to them?  I have not seen any correlation between ships that show engine trail and users experiencing the horrible stutter issue.

Additionally, Archwing missions have become increasingly problematic since The Silver Grove update.  There is now a subtle but constant shaking of the reticule even when just floating idle.  This shaking makes precise targeting impossible and causes a slight nausea and headache when playing for any length of time.  I can't imagine that this was intended, as there is no reason for the shake.  Combine that with all the other issues that have already been listed, and again, you end up with a seriously unplayable game mode and game.

Last night, while running Archwing interceptions in a squad, the stuttering became so bad that it caused my Archwing to glitch and only go down.  I was stuck in the down flight position and could not get out of it.  All I could do was wait until the rest of the squad extracted and I was taken along with them automatically.  I took some screen shots and video of this issue, which are posted in my stream for your enjoyment.

I did not think to try the "unstuck" command for this instance, as I thought that it was something that I had done or maybe a problem with my controller.  I do believe that this was the first time that I have experienced this specific problem thus far.

Same issue since silver grove update.  Solo is fine, but after 3 to 5 team games it starts lagging every few seconds and is unplayable.  All I can do is reboot the Xbox.  Then play 3-5 more games, and rinse/repeat.

It's definitely Warframe, not internet or other games.  I'm directly on a 100up/down and no other issues except Warframe.

On 9/21/2016 at 3:38 PM, (XB1)unixmen said:

I put a ticket in to DE 2 days ago to investigate and have followed all their steps to reset routers, port forward it, change xbox connections, etc and it hasn't made any difference. I've recorded the lag as well but can't submit it to the for evidence. 

Even though I told him there are many others having this same exact problem (there are multiple threads I've seen with this same topic) with this game specifically since the Silver Grove release (my entire raid clan for the past 2 days have stopped doing them because everyone is lagging badly in the same way), it seems unfortunately they aren't willing to look into the possibility it might be a problem on their end.

Infact the exact response I got to that was "I would recommend you to contact Xbox One support" and that was the end of the message. In other words they have no intention of looking further into it on a larger scale and we are unfortunately on our own :(

Yea, this is my first time with an issue for DE support - and I had a similar experience.  Seems like they don't have their act together.

It was a great game until the silver grove update.  Now it's just a constant headache and DE has its head in the sand.

I don't want to sound like a broken record or be the one that keeps griping about this issue or that issue, which I probably already do, but it is getting very frustrating to see that DE is continuing to add and deploy new functionality, content, game modes, and many other enhancements, without fixing the severe issues that have been introduced with the previous huge update.  These issues are widespread and are affecting all platforms.  What that says to me is that all development should be halted and all efforts should be directed to diagnosing the extensive list of issues and fixing them.  Why even expend development resources on new things when the existing game is not playable for a significant portion of the user base.  I've been watching the Devstreams for some time now, hoping to see some small acknowledgement or mention of the issues that have been brought to light, but they never say anything.  All that is talked about is content that is coming in the next months or some other time frame.  I appreciate that DE is looking ahead and planning what they are doing to be bringing out and how they are going to be expanding the story, etc.  But it's not going to be that great of a release when there is nobody playing the game.

As an example, last night I was playing on a squad with a new Tenno.  The entire time we were playing, and it was several hours, he was complaining about the lag/stutter issue.  Which is very odd since I'm usually the one doing that the whole time.  I however, was only experiencing short periods of the dreaded stutter.  We were all in the same Xbox party, all in the same squad, all on the same mission, and he was the only one having real trouble.  Everybody on the squad was experiencing the short lag every so often, including my second console that never has a problem.

I find this very strange that I was not experiencing the usual issues, and my second console was every so often.  Did something change?  Did DE try something or think of something, or was it just the planetary alignment and magnetic field distortion of last night that was allowing me to almost fully enjoy Warframe again?  I would really like to know, and I still hope DE is committed to finding a cure for this disease that has spread like the plague.

Thanks for reading,

John Bodenburg (TeknoSoCa)

On 28/09/2016 at 10:18 AM, (XB1)GrnDarthInvader said:

Im having this intermittent freezing too since 09/17/2016 and I found the same issue in another game as well (don't know if it is related):

In Forza Horizon (backwards compatibility game) the intermittent freezing looks like the same im having in Warframe (again, dont know if it is related, im just trying to provide some info to help, as Warframe is my main game), and this issue appears heavily in the central hub area (upgrade and buy cars, etc.). 

Probably different issues, but...

Well, almost 1 month gone and the problem I mentioned about the other game (FH) stopped. However, Im experiencing this issue in Warframe yet.

Another thing I noticed: playing Coba on Earth, and due to the sheer amount of mods that drop there I noticed the small freeze when I pickup a mod, but only when I get a stance mod. This freezing looks like this annoying intermittent freezing... strange.... This happens when I play solo/full squad, whilst the original issue only happens when im in a squad. Can happen anywhere, including staying idle in the ship.

Again, I don't know if it is related with the main issue.

Just for the record:

- Xbox One (not S);

- No kinect and no cortana;

- Brazil, São Paulo;

- Warframe files originally was in the internal drive, but due to various updates I had to move to an external drive;

- No snapped apps;

17 hours ago, teknosoca said:

I don't want tfrund like a broken record or be  the one that keeps griping about this issue or that issue, which I probably already do, but it is getting very frustrating to see that DE is continuing to add and deploy new functionality, content, game modes, and many other enhancements, without fixing the severe issues that have been introduced with the previous huge update.  These issues are widespread and are affecting all platforms.  What that says to me is that all development should be halted and all efforts should be directed to diagnosing the extensive list of issues and fixing them.  Why even expend development resources on new things when the existing game is not playable for a significant portion of the user base.  I've been watching the Devstreams for some time now, hoping to see some small acknowledgement or mention of the issues that have been brought to light, but they never say anything.  All that is talked about is content that is coming in the next months or some other time frame.  I appreciate that DE is looking ahead and planning what they are doing to be bringing out and how they are going to be expanding the story, etc.  But it's not going to be that great of a release when there is nobody playing the game.

As an example, last night I was playing on a squad with a new Tenno.  The entire time we were playing, and it was several hours, he was complaining about the lag/stutter issue.  Which is very odd since I'm usually the one doing that the whole time.  I however, was only experiencing short periods of the dreaded stutter.  We were all in the same Xbox party, all in the same squad, all on the same mission, and he was the only one having real trouble.  Everybody on the squad was experiencing the short lag every so often, including my second console that never has a problem.

I find this very strange that I was not experiencing the usual issues, and my second console was every so often.  Did something change?  Did DE try something or think of something, or was it just the planetary alignment and magnetic field distortion of last night that was allowing me to almost fully enjoy Warframe again?  I would really like to know, and I still hope DE is committed to finding a cure for this disease that has spread like the plague.

Thanks for reading,

John Bodenburg (TeknoSoCa)

I agree completely, since the Silver Grove update I've had stuttering pretty much every day since and tried numerous fixes.Bringing new content will only distract the devs from fixing these Issues.I'd say focus on fixing the game which has been terrible lately.To the point where I'm considering stopping playing and I honestly didn't think that at all before SOTR.