Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rakta Dagger for Savage Banshee -- Worth?

SenorClipClop

Question

Hey Tenno,

With the Syndicate melees dropping and their host of gameplay effects, I have several new additions to the shopping list. I am sadly not a member of the Edge Veil, so the Rakta Dark Dagger is a ways down the list of priorities for me at the moment. However, as a Banshee main, I am wondering about the RDD's passive and its effect on playing Savage Silence. How effective is the visibility reduction on the weapon's passive? Are there any Banshees out there who have found use in the RDD and can endorse it?

Cheers.

5 answers to this question

Uh... You can use any melee weapon you want with SS Banshee, each have their pros and cons. I tend to go for the ones with AOE death effects(Jat Kittag) or Fast Attack Speed/Finisher animations (Ninkana Prime).

Overall the weapon is great, it restores shields when damaging enemies affected by its radiation. But 9/10 any enemy you hit with SS active is dead from the first blow.

So it really depends on your play style and the weapons you like.

From what I read, it sounds like you're using a duration based silence?

This works, but you can only then trigger the finisher damage on the initial stun or if you're stealthed.

If you go minimum duration, you can easily kill just about anything you desire (of course you have to recast it every 3 seconds). Enemies take extra damage from everything during the stun and are opened to finishers.

21 minutes ago, Synpai said:
Spoiler

Uh... You can use any melee weapon you want with SS Banshee, each have their pros and cons. I tend to go for the ones with AOE death effects(Jat Kittag) or Fast Attack Speed/Finisher animations (Ninkana Prime).

Overall the weapon is great, it restores shields when damaging enemies affected by its radiation. But 9/10 any enemy you hit with SS active is dead from the first blow.

So it really depends on your play style and the weapons you like.

From what I read, it sounds like you're using a duration based silence?

This works, but you can only then trigger the finisher damage on the initial stun or if you're stealthed.

If you go minimum duration, you can easily kill just about anything you desire (of course you have to recast it every 3 seconds). Enemies take extra damage from everything during the stun and are opened to finishers.

Thanks for the input. I'm aware how Savage Silence works and that pretty much any melee weapon will do. I experiment with different power values on my builds, both low-Duration for more SS-focused play and high-Duration for when I want to use both long-range artillery and stealth melee in the same mission (or at least have the option to).

What I'm really curious about in regard to the Rakta Dark Dagger is how well it reduces the Warframe's visibility. This is going to be the deciding factor in how much I want the weapon. If the passive is effective, I'd like to give a whirl when I play melee Banshee, both to save my energy by not casting Silence as often (unbuffed melee finishers will still kill just about everything) and to make SS play effective when running a hybrid build. Essentially, how much does the RDD boost stealthiness on its own?

Edited by SenorClipClop

It reduces alert range by about 5m, but you have to have it as your active weapon for the effect.

It has good finisher speed, sustain (if you can radiate), Blight proc from the Dark Dagger mod, and use of covert lethality (not that you really need it).

It will not make you invisible all of a sudden (though that would be awesome). If enemies are alert they will still gun you down.

The Heliocor and Boltace have MUCH more promise for a SS build. But I've yet to test them.

Edited by Synpai

19 minutes ago, Synpai said:

It reduces alert range by about 5m, but you have to have it as your active weapon for the effect

So that's what the description means by reduced visibility! I wasn't expecting full-on invisibility, I was thinking more along the lines of a percentage reduction on enemies seeing you, like a not-fully-upgraded Hush mod. Maybe I'll try it out, but good to know how the Syndicate melees measure up with SS Banshee.