Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Fire Environmental Hazard

(PSN)chaos-SD

The change to the Fire Environmental Hazard is far too cumbersome to the point of annoyance.  It is just causing a heat status on what seems to be every 5 to 10 seconds, causing damage in a way that can only be combated by the heat resistance mod or the ice arcane.  While I appreciate creating a need for such mods or the trivial arcane, these shouldn't be required for any to enter an instance with a fire environmental hazard, they should instead aid in persisting within that environment, and not so easily disrupt a players build.  

While I think that the Fire Environmental Hazard does need work, it should also be capable of being expanded to endless missions too, and having your shield constantly removed by a persistent damage is an annoyance, and not a properly constructed, fun obstacle.  If it is possible, perhaps the Fire Hazard could cause explosions within the environment, potentially causing an encumbrance, periodically, but randomly for the players and AI.  This would allow the environment to cause heat and blast procs, while adding a challenge, but shouldn't occur more than periodically or unless the player wanders into or accidentally is in an area already on fire or that is about to explode.  It is unclear to me if explosions should have a warning sign, but if they don't that encumbrance likely shouldn't impact the player more than once or twice within a minute in my opinion.

I do like the halving of health though, seems like a good approach when cold halves shields.

3 hours ago, (PS4)chaos-SD said:

The change to the Fire Environmental Hazard is far too cumbersome to the point of annoyance.

It is pretty intense, I agree, you don't have to do the fire one though.  You can choose between fire, ice and magnetic on every sabotage.  Fire is just faster.  I do agree though that it procs way too often and is detrimental to frames with little health, but considering you are likely to encounter it, plan ahead.

I use Saryn with regen molt personally on any sabo mission.  Its nothing more of a band-aid to the problem to be sure, but there are ways around it and while band-aids exist it isn't likely to be adjusted anytime soon.  I say this from experience of seeing problems continue far longer than they should simply because people find ways around it even though most everyone agrees the problem exists.

I must say it is rather annoying to catch on fire without being anywhere near a fire patch.  I like the concept but it may be too much damage.  It is completely impossible to use a prowling ivara in a fire hazard sabo, which is quite sad.  

I also don't believe the enemy takes anywhere near as much damage as we do.  Or I suppose they do except they have thousands of more health than we do so it barely bothers them.

It is almost as annoying as a radiation sortie, almost.

10 hours ago, (PS4)chaos-SD said:

The change to the Fire Environmental Hazard is far too cumbersome to the point of annoyance.  It is just causing a heat status on what seems to be every 5 to 10 seconds, causing damage in a way that can only be combated by the heat resistance mod or the ice arcane.  While I appreciate creating a need for such mods or the trivial arcane, these shouldn't be required for any to enter an instance with a fire environmental hazard, they should instead aid in persisting within that environment, and not so easily disrupt a players build.  

While I think that the Fire Environmental Hazard does need work, it should also be capable of being expanded to endless missions too, and having your shield constantly removed by a persistent damage is an annoyance, and not a properly constructed, fun obstacle.  If it is possible, perhaps the Fire Hazard could cause explosions within the environment, potentially causing an encumbrance, periodically, but randomly for the players and AI.  This would allow the environment to cause heat and blast procs, while adding a challenge, but shouldn't occur more than periodically or unless the player wanders into or accidentally is in an area already on fire or that is about to explode.  It is unclear to me if explosions should have a warning sign, but if they don't that encumbrance likely shouldn't impact the player more than once or twice within a minute in my opinion.

I do like the halving of health though, seems like a good approach when cold halves shields.

I think you will find that those Mods are NOT required, and if they WERE required, it would probably be BETTER overall, because it means one less Mod we can use for "damage".

The entire point of any mission with a condition like that is to either make you lose some personal comfort in the way of "the usual mods" or to make you adjust your game play to compensate, like bring Life Strike or get a mate to bring a Health Aura, etc etc, ie "play as a team".

If you have ONLY missions that are "just bring DPS and it just works" they are NOT missions, they are just whack-a-mole with guns.

Endless missions especially should have a ton of things like those - not necessarily straight damage things, but more general things we have to juggle more and more of to keep going - and if they did, maybe DE would need less Nullifiers.

On 9/18/2016 at 10:31 PM, Xekrin said:

It is pretty intense, I agree, you don't have to do the fire one though.  You can choose between fire, ice and magnetic on every sabotage.  Fire is just faster.  I do agree though that it procs way too often and is detrimental to frames with little health, but considering you are likely to encounter it, plan ahead.

I use Saryn with regen molt personally on any sabo mission.  Its nothing more of a band-aid to the problem to be sure, but there are ways around it and while band-aids exist it isn't likely to be adjusted anytime soon.  I say this from experience of seeing problems continue far longer than they should simply because people find ways around it even though most everyone agrees the problem exists.

I must say it is rather annoying to catch on fire without being anywhere near a fire patch.  I like the concept but it may be too much damage.  It is completely impossible to use a prowling ivara in a fire hazard sabo, which is quite sad.  

I also don't believe the enemy takes anywhere near as much damage as we do.  Or I suppose they do except they have thousands of more health than we do so it barely bothers them.

It is almost as annoying as a radiation sortie, almost.

Except in just about every Sabotage pug (except fissures, they use Ice for more enemy spawns to get reactant), they immediately go for fire because, well,  "fast paced game" (it's basically just destroy a few points for fire as opposed to a glorified mini defense mission for Ice and sitting AFK for Magnetic)