Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Loot Detector

kyori

Question

Hi there! I recently played a public syndicate mission and saw my screen has visual indication of where the medallions are... as in the form of a logo with a meter distance on my screen(not the mini-map). So I went to find out it is the aura Loot Detector. I maxed it up and try it out... but to my surprise I didn't see the visual logo on my screen when I solo my syndicate mission.

So does that aura only works in multiplayer and doesn't work solo? I'm confused...

11 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

It's not the aura, it's a squadmate that marked it (with G as a default keybinding). It's like when they'd mark a resource, a mod, or a blueprint for you.

However, the aura does make them visible on the mini-map. They show the way regular resources do (white boxes).

Oh!!! So indeed it was the same as thief's wit, just that loot detector is an aura! Haha... damn! I thought loot detector is so special that it let me see the medallion on my screen.. it even says what rank of medallion is it and the distance to it. Sigh... so it is a waypoint from a squadmate lol! Thanks for telling! 

Did you mark it before or after picking it up?

Because if you pick it up, especially in a solo mission, it technically disappears. If you had a squadmate, you would've been able to mark the medaillon that was "supposed" to be there before you picked it up (even though I think it's bugged currently because it didn't work a couple days ago).

25 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

Did you mark it before or after picking it up?

Because if you pick it up, especially in a solo mission, it technically disappears. If you had a squadmate, you would've been able to mark the medaillon that was "supposed" to be there before you picked it up (even though I think it's bugged currently because it didn't work a couple days ago).

It's not bugged, you just have to place the waypoint in the EXACT location or it won't say "emblem".

36 minutes ago, kyori said:

Oh!!! So indeed it was the same as thief's wit, just that loot detector is an aura! Haha... damn! I thought loot detector is so special that it let me see the medallion on my screen.. it even says what rank of medallion is it and the distance to it. Sigh... so it is a waypoint from a squadmate lol! Thanks for telling! 

If you max all three loot radar mods, you will have to expand your map with the M key to see utilize the full range of the mod.

Loot radar shows loot boxes, Medallions, and Hidden Caches as little white boxes. It also shows Cephalon Fragments as 4 blue dots forming a rhombus. 

It also comes in handy in the void, because you can use a weapon like Orthos, Ignis, Simulor, or anything that hits through walls to break loot boxes. Then, if you have a carrier, it will vacuum up the loot through the wall for you.

Outside of Syndicate missions, Hive/Sabotage, or Void missions, you only really need to have a maxed [Animal Instict] equipped, because it will be good enough for any other mission. 

1 hour ago, TheScytale said:

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

It's not bugged, you just have to place the waypoint in the EXACT location or it won't say "emblem".

I went up to the medallion so the prompt to pick it up appears but I didn't pick it up, I place a waypoint, it says 'waypoint' instead of 'medallion or emblem' etc.

So I am not sure if only my squad mate will see it as 'medallion or emblem' whereas myself who placed the marker won't able to see it?

3 hours ago, kyori said:

I went up to the medallion so the prompt to pick it up appears but I didn't pick it up, I place a waypoint, it says 'waypoint' instead of 'medallion or emblem' etc.

So I am not sure if only my squad mate will see it as 'medallion or emblem' whereas myself who placed the marker won't able to see it?

That means you didn't aim exactly at the item.
Waypoints are very picky. It usually takes me like 10 tries to waypoint an item. 

If you see any green beams on the floor, make sure to waypoint them for your team. (They are rare resources)

3 hours ago, XIceBladeX said:

That means you didn't aim exactly at the item.

You mean must aim the crosshair at the medallion for it to register as a medallion and not a waypoint? Ok Will try that later. Now no more syndicate missions lol