Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't Infested Weapons Infest?

TheVeiledScion

Question

5 answers to this question

All Infested weapons are produced by our Foundry. I'm sure whatever construction takes places during the process 'sterilizes' the Infestation and renders it incapable of spreading.

One of the Tenno's main objectives - besides killing Sentients - was to annihilate Infestation, and they're the most keenly aware of how much damage it can inflict if allowed to spread and propagate. I feel like inciting this propagation would be the very last thing a Tenno would want to do with respect to the lore.

A lot of Infested weapons have gameplay gimmicks that make them somewhat more quirky than more traditional weapons. The more recent ones have showcased that especially. I think that's probably a more interesting way to make them stand out.

Its probably similar to why our warframes don't infest everyone. Though Alad V would have had to get the particular Technocyte strain he infested himself with earlier after we tried to kill him. It would make sense that the strain our foundry uses are stable and not meant to spread while the wild Technocyte is currently unbound. Like a space cancer, uncontrolled mutation and growth or wonder healing and being able to be shaped easily into new forms if controlled.

31 minutes ago, Arktourus said:

I love the toxin damage and all, but given how the Grineer and Corpus use toxin damage, and how we've got toxin mods, could we get something more unique for Infested weapons? Like, I don't know, something that makes sense for a viral Infestation?

What the others said.

Also, weapons are weapons, they are designed to kill and not to toy around with your prey. Otherwise, they would be just some magical wands or other crap that you can name.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

Yeah I get all that, but toxin damage and some visual quirks seem to be rather bland considering that higher level, non-Infested bad guys also employ toxins. Visual oddities are great and all, but considering that there are often better weapons that can be built for the same thing, shouldn't there be something actually different about them?