Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ice Chroma build?

(PSN)Deception_Pharo

Question

Hello Tenno,

I have made a chroma build and wanted to fathom your views.

My build link

https://goo.gl/uBvPT9

Quick question:

1 - Should I replace intensify with energy conversion?

2 - Is steel fiber worth it?

I know there are other builds on the forum but everyone got me befuddled and I'm not sure. So i've created this build to late games.

Points to note:

I'm using arcane energize for energy and zenurik focus for the energy regain. 

My gratitude.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

You can, but it is situational. Since, Vex Armor is not a channeled ability, you would need to meet the requirements of the mod again and again. Not that it is hard to find energy orbs, but I don't really go with the hassle and use Intensify.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Depends on which Chroma you are using.

If its Cold Chroma then yes. Other Chromas do fine without it. Just a bit less survivability. But Cold Chroma is used as tank and therefore needs steel fiber.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Hello Tenno,

I have made a chroma build and wanted to fathom your views.

Quick question:

I know there are other builds on the forum but everyone got me befuddled and I'm not sure. So i've created this build to late games.

Points to note:

I'm using arcane energize for energy and zenurik focus for the energy region.

My gratitude.

I personally would not go with energy conversion on Chroma, Energy orbs can be hard to come by even if your duration on chroma is insane. I'd personally stick with intensify.

As for steel fiber. Yes, please, put it on there, the more armour on chroma the better because his abilities multiply the final armour rating, not the base.

As for the arcane you're running, hmm, maybe, just maybe if used along with zenurik obviously you could swap out rage if you're using it. Just maybe.

Edited by CephalonUnknown

This is the Chroma build I use for Ice and Fire.

tq2OAbz.jpg

I use Zenurik as well for Chroma. You can get more out of Energy Conversion outside Eximus Strongholds roughly 90% of the time because of Zenurik. Using Carrier and staggering your buffs slightly helps a lot. As soon as you cast; Vacuum will pull an orb for you and your next cast is buffed. It's just such a small difference I don't really bother.

Steel Fiber goes on every Chroma build that I know of, even Electric which uses mostly Shields and Arcane Barrier.

You can replace Streamline with Constitution if you want. I think Streamline works better dealing with energy drain but it's not a big difference either way. Also I use Rush because I mostly melee with my Chroma and that extra gap closing speed is much welcome.

Edited by Xzorn

10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

This is the Chroma build I use for Ice and Fire.

tq2OAbz.jpg

I use Zenurik as well for Chroma. You can get more out of Energy Conversion outside Eximus Strongholds roughly 90% of the time because of Zenurik. Using Carrier and staggering your buffs slightly helps a lot. As soon as you cast; Vacuum will pull an orb for you and your next cast is buffed. It's just such a small difference I don't really bother.

Steel Fiber goes on every Chroma build that I know of, even Electric which uses mostly Shields and Arcane Barrier.

You can replace Streamline with Constitution if you want. I think Streamline works better dealing with energy drain but it's not a big difference either way. Also I use Rush because I mostly melee with my Chroma and that extra gap closing speed is much welcome.

No flow?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

No flow?

You shouldn't need Flow most the time unless you want to go full tank with Quick Thinking.

Zenurik keeps you at full energy. You have enough to cast both Vex and Ward even without Streamline, I just prefer the extra room in case there's energy drain present. You might want it for energy reduction Sorties but I just un-slot Blind Rage and it works fine enough.

I've taken that particular build to lvl 300 in the old Void. It gets a bit rough towards that level but it's doable.

Depending on your built, ice could be better than fire against infested, because of the extra armor ofc which is crucial against high level enemies (more than just bonus HP). But with ice, when enemies hit you, they get damaged depending on your power strength and also an ice proc (which reduces fire rate of enemy weapons too, good against heavy gunners and corpus techs etc.)!

12 hours ago, LegandaryBeast said:

Depending on your built, ice could be better than fire against infested, because of the extra armor ofc which is crucial against high level enemies (more than just bonus HP). But with ice, when enemies hit you, they get damaged depending on your power strength and also an ice proc (which reduces fire rate of enemy weapons too, good against heavy gunners and corpus techs etc.)!

I've posted a link to build.