Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most straightforward offensive utility frame?

(PSN)NewAgeDoom

Question

I've got a Reactor building in the Foundry, and I'm trying to decide on what frame I would like to build next.

I've been liking Volt Prime (A LOT) as a kind of mix of offense and utility, and would like some opinions on the frames I'm looking at building currently:

Nekros Prime - Admittedly, I didn't play much of Nekros previously, unless I was farming for something in particular, but from what I've been told, he's gotten a pseudo rework that makes him extremely fun to play now?

Titania - New frame, seems fairly interesting mechanics wise, but haven't gotten to see it much in action.

Mirage - If someone can clarify this for me, if I reobtain the quest, will I be able to redo it? Admittedly, I felt she was a little too squishy for my taste, but I still had fun being a disco ball flinging Jester frame.

Equinox - Not gonna lie, there's a bit turning me off from just straight building this frame, but I also don't want to shell out the platinum for it. Is Equinox worth bringing to a squad over other frames? What does she bring to a squad that others don't?

11 answers to this question

Of the four mentioned, Nekros would be the most straight forward, followed by Mirage, Titania and Equinox.

All four are nice frames for different reasons, but since you mention mixing offense and utility, Nekros has a solid mix with the right mods.

Nekros:

can be built in different ways depending on preferences, since the new Desecrate opens more options. If you want a build that can make use of all four abilities then Duration and Power Strength should stay above or near 100%. If you have Flow and Equilibrium and/or Zenurik, you have some flexibility in choosing how you power your abilities.

With enough Pwr Strength, Soul Punch is a decent ability, and it strengthens the Shadows, while also increasing the number of enemies affected by Terrify. Terrify can be a decent panic button to clear your immediate area depending on your range. And Range aids Desecrate, but has no effect on Shadows.

I'd recommend not adding an Aura polarity yet to Nekros, consider having two "Y", two "D", and two "-" for build flexibility until you zero in on a favored Aura. Handspring is also so good that it is tempting to add a "-" polarity to Exilus slot for Nekros.

Here's one example, set with polarities from before the updates:

JS9XqaW.jpg

I'm toying with using Blind Rage over Transient Fortitude, since I have Zenurik, Primed Flow, Equilibrium and Despoil available to power the build. It allows Nekros to be tanky and make use of each ability.

Another alternative is to remove Streamline and place Handspring there, leaving 8 capacity and the Exilus, which could make use of Shock Absorbers for times when your knocked down. And as you can see, I'm limited by the three "-" polarities.

Another build: worked nicely on Xini

dsI1XKH.png

Hope that helps for info on Nekros.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
Adding more.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

I've got a Reactor building in the Foundry, and I'm trying to decide on what frame I would like to build next.

I've been liking Volt Prime (A LOT) as a kind of mix of offense and utility, and would like some opinions on the frames I'm looking at building currently:

Nekros Prime - Admittedly, I didn't play much of Nekros previously, unless I was farming for something in particular, but from what I've been told, he's gotten a pseudo rework that makes him extremely fun to play now?

Titania - New frame, seems fairly interesting mechanics wise, but haven't gotten to see it much in action.

Mirage - If someone can clarify this for me, if I reobtain the quest, will I be able to redo it? Admittedly, I felt she was a little too squishy for my taste, but I still had fun being a disco ball flinging Jester frame.

Equinox - Not gonna lie, there's a bit turning me off from just straight building this frame, but I also don't want to shell out the platinum for it. Is Equinox worth bringing to a squad over other frames? What does she bring to a squad that others don't?

nekros and his prime variant is fun (for me at least), desecrate is a toggle ability so you can press 3 and forget about it because it will automatically give you additional loot as long as the corpses are in range and shadows of the dead is now capped at 7 shadows but uses the strongest ones you killed and re-casting it while it's active heals the shadows and if they're 30m away from you they are teleported back to you.

Titania is a fun frame but she's full of CC. her 1st ability makes enemies float and they're disarmed in the process, her 2nd ability give you a buff from stealing the enemy's "soul", her 3rd ability makes 1 enemy attract others and her 4th is basically archwing mode but can deal nice amount of damage which uses the mods in your primary and (maybe?) melee weapon. like i said she's purely CC.

replayable quests are not a thing yet so if you already sold your mirage you have to buy her in the market via plat or contact support in a certain amount of time (someone put exact info about support here)

Equinox is both a cc and damage frame. while it's a pain to farm, in the end is worth it. if you want straight up damage use the day form and cast maim, every kill in range of maim will charge up the ability and it cause enemies to be stunned and proc slash damage to them at the same time. if you turn off maim, all the charge stored will be deal damage to enemies in range of the cast. (if you get like 1m damage charged up, you'll deal a crazy amount of damage to all enemies around you

Edited by NobleParadox96

Just now, Markerlight said:

Nova is the best straightforward offensive utility frame.  

Learning how to make use of her abilities (and ability augments) makes you able to contribute the most to having an easy run, no matter the type of mission in question.

I do have Nova Prime already, I enjoy playing as her sometimes, but I feel like she makes defenses a little TOO easy, especially when I already have the ungodly syndicate weapon known as the Synoid Simulor.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

Nekros Prime

Nekros is utility. SoTD is not really offensive.

Titania

Titania actually is a pretty good offense and utility. Abilities 1,2 and 3 are CC and utility. 4 is a pretty good offensive ability. Only thing you might not like is the clunky archwing flight mode while using 4th.

Mirage

I am not sure if you can redo the quest. Chances are you can not.

Mirage is a very good and straight forward offensive utility frame. Ability 1 can increase you weapon damage quite a bit, more if you use augment. Ability 2 can provide a bit of CC. Ability 3 is either damage buff or damage resistance buff, depending on if you are in light or dark places. Ability 4 can be a top notch CC if you burst the disco ball after casting. It can be a good damage dealer if you do not burst it.

This is probably the one you want.

Equinox

This is the best frame out of the 4 you mentioned, but unfortunately, it is not that straightforward.

Equinox has 7 abilities, so you can already realize that it is going to be powerful. All 6 of them are useful. Ability 1 is used to change forms.

In day from, Equinox provides team damage buff and can deal a huge damage depending on how much damage you have accumulated. It can also deal continuous Slash damage which ignores armor.

In Night form, Equinox can CC enemies by making them sleep and can heal the team.

So, in essence, Equinox is offesive, utility and healer frame. But you got to have the idea of when to do what with so many abilities.

Edited by DEADSHOT456

Nekros has 0 Offensive capacity compared to the other frames. He has high survivability, no damage buffs, and some utility with his fear augment.

Mirage is the highest Offensive frame you mentioned. She has some serious damage output but her utility was nerfed. Her Prism isn't worth much these days. She does have the squishy RNG aspect to her. She either never takes damage or gets one shot, that's Mirage.  Easiest way to counter that is by your weapon choices.

Titania is a Hybrid frame. So she fits your interest but her offense is stuck with Archwing so if you don't like Archwing she's just a mediocre Buff/CC frame. Her Strength is in being able to Damage, CC and Buff all at once.

Equinox also fits your interest. she's a patchwork frame. She can buff damage, AoE Slow/debuff enemies, Sleep enemies then execute one shot them or stack AoE Damage.

I suppose I owe a couple of honorable mentions to a few other frames that I forgot about in my initial post:

Nyx/Prime: Admittedly, I've tried to play as Nyx before, but this was back when i was still fairly new at the game, and ended up dropping her for other more straightforward frames, but every time I run into a Nyx now, it seems like she's a total game-changer.

Ivara - I have absolutely no experience with this frame whatsoever, other than the fact that I have to do one of my least favorite mission types (Spy) to get her parts. If anyone could break her down for me, that'd be awesome.

Oberon: Another frame that I've tried to get into, but ended up dropping because at the time, it felt like other frames just did his job better. Could anyone try to sell him to me?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

I suppose I owe a couple of honorable mentions to a few other frames that I forgot about in my initial post:

Nyx/Prime: Admittedly, I've tried to play as Nyx before, but this was back when i was still fairly new at the game, and ended up dropping her for other more straightforward frames, but every time I run into a Nyx now, it seems like she's a total game-changer.

Ivara - I have absolutely no experience with this frame whatsoever, other than the fact that I have to do one of my least favorite mission types (Spy) to get her parts. If anyone could break her down for me, that'd be awesome.

Oberon: Another frame that I've tried to get into, but ended up dropping because at the time, it felt like other frames just did his job better. Could anyone try to sell him to me?

Nyx is one of the three top CC frames in the game next to Loki and Vaban. She does take some experience to use well. You have to know how enemies act under the influence of Chaos so you know what you can and can't get away with. Her other abilities work as touch up CC during her Chaos and as Panic Buttons. Her new Assimilate Augment does well to introduce her to people who haven't used her before. She has 0 offense ability though, she's straight Utility/CC.

Ivara is for sure a Damage and Utility frame. Her Artemis Bow has some AoE to it, her Guided Arrow does high single target damage, She's a stealth frame which means she's just about immortal and she can cloak allies. Her Sleep arrow provides some decent touch up CC and her Dashwire has some interesting uses depending on your terrain. She's a solid frame.

I'm an avid Oberon hater myself. He does a lot of things and isn't really good at any of them. If you like Hybrid frames he fits the role but there's just usually better choices for every occasion.

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Ivara is for sure a Damage and Utility frame. Her Artemis Bow has some AoE to it, her Guided Arrow does high single target damage, She's a stealth frame which means she's just about immortal and she can cloak allies. Her Sleep arrow provides some decent touch up CC and her Dashwire has some interesting uses depending on your terrain. She's a solid frame.

I've seen some cheese on the internet with Ivara and Titania. Flying stealth field OP. plz nerf lol

Any other recommendations?

Edited by (PS4)NewAgeDoom

10 minutes ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

I've seen some cheese on the internet with Ivara and Titania. Flying stealth field OP. plz nerf lol

Yea, cloaking allies is strong. I'd say she's a buff frame if you were in a melee group since Cloak gives stealth bonus to melee but most advanced melee users are usually using Naramon - Shadow Step anyways.

I forgot to mention Titania has also become famous for cheesing bosses and certain other things in the game she can simply fly over or through.

5 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Yea, cloaking allies is strong. I'd say she's a buff frame if you were in a melee group since Cloak gives stealth bonus to melee but most advanced melee users are usually using Naramon - Shadow Step anyways.

I forgot to mention Titania has also become famous for cheesing bosses and certain other things in the game she can simply fly over or through.

...Was looking forward to trying to get Ivara. Now I find I also need like 10 Nitain Extract in addition to the Spy missions. I already went through enough of those shenanigans trying to get Wukong. One could say it was real....-sunglasses- Monkey business.