Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is what I'm doing not allowed?

Luckyshyco

Question

Let me explain the situation. My friend wanted to buy me 50 bucks worth of plat, because I legit saved his academic life. We are friends on steam, and before he even thought of how he should give me it, he put the money on steam. So naturally, he had to make his own warframe account and buy plat on his account to give to me, since you can't buy straight up plat on the steam store, only those awful packs. So he has all the plat on his account, and then he came over to my house to rank up twice in order to actually be able to trade plat away.

The catch is, I had him level up by logging into HIS account on MY computer, then jumping into level 50 defense missions w/ one of my warframe buddies. After waiting 24 hours to rank up twice, I can now have him trade the plat to my warframe buddy, which will trade it to me on MY account.

Only 2 computers were used here, although 3 accounts were. To an admin looking at how this platinum was traded around, it could be suspected that I bought it for myself, but there was no discount... so there wouldn't really be a reason to go through all that. I'm worried that when we do the trade, it'll look like I'm moving plats between an alt and a main account, even though I really only have one account.

Think it'll be okay or should I not do this and just have that 50 bucks be wasted?

11 answers to this question

Just now, kalikilic said:

why did he not just give you $50 in your hand and tell you do whatever you want with it? =| the simple fact that such an intricate course of action was taken instead of him just giving you some real money, is suspicious.

He already had 60 dollars on steam and no games he wanted. The thing is, why would I even do this if I had an alt, because there was no discount on the plat... I could of just normally bought it from my main account.

2 minutes ago, Luckyshyco said:

He already had 60 dollars on steam and no games he wanted. The thing is, why would I even do this if I had an alt, because there was no discount on the plat... I could of just normally bought it from my main account.

because the alt account may not actually be your "alt" account but instead an account you retrieved access to without permission of the owner. idk but believing your story is something for support choose to do. not me. cheers.