Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life Support Capsules?

Mirathyl

Question

So I'm trying to do the quest Howl of the Kurbow but I have no idea how to use the capsules I'm being given, everything online just says don't active until at X percent. My question is HOW IN THE WORLD DO I ACTIVATE THESE? I looked around and only saw terminal looking things and to kill enemies but I'm being given them during this quest and told turn on your life support and such. I've yet to find anything on google that says how to use capsules, please I just want to finish this darn quest. 

9 answers to this question

The life support capsules look like this:

Spoiler

Survival placeholder

Standing next to them and pressing your interact button (default X on PC) will increase the current life support by 30%. As a result it is generally advised to wait until your life support is below 60% or 50% to activate them. There are also small life support packets, dropped by enemies that boost life support by 4%. They look like this:

Spoiler

Oxygenpack

Just now, Imaru said:

The life support capsules look like this:

Reveal hidden contents

Survival placeholder

Standing next to them and pressing your interact button (default X on PC) will increase the current life support by 30%. As a result it is generally advised to wait until your life support is below 60% or 50% to activate them. There are also small life support packets, dropped by enemies that boost life support by 4%. They look like this:

Reveal hidden contents

Oxygenpack

I've not seen 1 is the problem the npc keeps saying they're sending some and there are 3 greyed out icons until she says 1 has been sent. I understand the tower looking ones and how they work but they are not showing up even when during the mission I'm told Life Support has been sent. Are they just that hard to spot or what?

6 minutes ago, Mirathyl said:

I've not seen 1 is the problem the npc keeps saying they're sending some and there are 3 greyed out icons until she says 1 has been sent. I understand the tower looking ones and how they work but they are not showing up even when during the mission I'm told Life Support has been sent. Are they just that hard to spot or what?

I'm unclear as to your issue. If I understand your issue correctly, The Lotus (the npc you're talking about) is sending you life support, and you are seeing three of these icons:

MiniMapO2PostWhite

Then when you go to that location on the map they aren't there?

Just now, Imaru said:

I'm unclear as to your issue. If I understand your issue correctly, The Lotus (the npc you're talking about) is sending you life support, and you are seeing three of these icons:

MiniMapO2PostWhite

Then when you go to that location on the map they aren't there?

Yes that is exactly what icon I see and yes there is nothing there on the map. I keep failing this quest due to it. :( I had a friend say I should come back to the game since a lot had changed and so wanted to give it a shot. But yeah...I'm seeing those and nothing is actually there.

Just now, Mirathyl said:

Yes that is exactly what icon I see and yes there is nothing there on the map. I keep failing this quest due to it. :( I had a friend say I should come back to the game since a lot had changed and so wanted to give it a shot. But yeah...I'm seeing those and nothing is actually there.

Is there an arrow pointing up or down on the minimap when you are there? That is one thing that isn't well explained by the UI. If there is an up arrow (really more of a white triangle pointing up) next to the icon the item is above you on the map (that is to say on a floor above you) and if it has a down arrow it is below you. Not sure if that helps. 

I'd be able to help you a lot better if you post some screenshots of the issue you're having.

4 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Is there an arrow pointing up or down on the minimap when you are there? That is one thing that isn't well explained by the UI. If there is an up arrow (really more of a white triangle pointing up) next to the icon the item is above you on the map (that is to say on a floor above you) and if it has a down arrow it is below you. Not sure if that helps. 

I'd be able to help you a lot better if you post some screenshots of the issue you're having.

I get no arrow so it should be same level as me I get how the arrows work but yeah nothing's there. :(