Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alexander, the Holy-based Warframe

(PSN)NewAgeDoom

Premise:

Since we've had the shadow/darkness/undead based Warframe in Nekros, I figured I'd try my hand at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Lore:

A shining beacon in a time of darkness, Alexander has long been the chosen Warframe of those Tenno who wish to protect the innocent, to smite the wicked, and bring low the forces of evil. Long have the Orokin held respect for those few Tenno that can master it's defensive prowess. To master Alexander is to give of yourself for the good of the squad. Are you prepared, Tenno?

Passive: Blesser of Souls

Allies near Alexander receive increased health regen. Alexander also gains 1% armor for each enemy unit near him, up to a maximum of 10% (10 yard range)

First Ability - Divine Spark:

Alexander unleashes a pulse of holy energy around him, dealing Radiation damage and healing allies' shields.

(Improved by Strength and Range mods)

Second Ability - Aegis of Light:

Alexander raises his shield, granting himself armor and resistances for a duration. Damage dealt to nearby allies during this time is redirected to Alexander.

(Improved by Strength and Range Mods)

Third Ability - Savior:

Alexander dashes to target allied or enemy unit. If the target is an allied Tenno, that ally will be granted a shield for a portion of Alexander's armor in health, separate from their current shielding. If the unit is an enemy, that enemy and all nearby enemies will be dealt radiation damage and stunned for 3 seconds.

(Improved by Range and Duration mods)

Ultimate - Sanctify:

Alexander sanctifies the very ground he walks on. For a duration, a radius around Alexander will grant allies invulnerability and immunity to control impairing effects. However, during this time, Alexander cannot attack or use abilities, but can still move/perform Maneuvers.

Edited by (PS4)NewAgeDoom

It's the armor and the abilities. Hallowed Ground is a traditional paladin ability. Consecrate the ground. He Smites enemies with holy wrath (Radiation), he uses holy power to lift and slam, with enemies getting a rad proc and being blinded by holy justice.

I get a huge paladin feel from him. Especially if you give him Fragor

Just now, LunarEdge7 said:

Please don't take the radiation dmg that only Oberon's abilities has and throw that specialty away.

He trivializes alloy armor units nicely.

If this frame comes out, Oberon will probably lose its place in Warframe in 2 years' time.

Like.. only used by me.

He's tied for my favorite frame, so it ain't just you.

Just now, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

Hey, there's been at least  3 different takes on stealth frames, no reason there can't be more than one "Holy" frame.

Ivara is Ranged stealth. Ash is melee stealth. Loki is utility stealth.

So they varied them up. This frame is basically an Oberon rework. Now, if it was pure damage, that'd be a different story.

Just now, Nocam said:

Ivara is Ranged stealth. Ash is melee stealth. Loki is utility stealth.

So they varied them up. This frame is basically an Oberon rework. Now, if it was pure damage, that'd be a different story.

I see what you're saying. I'll do some fiddling/changes to make him more of a protection paladin, rather than a damage paladin with a splash of healing akin to Oberon.

Just now, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

I see what you're saying. I'll do some fiddling/changes to make him more of a protection paladin, rather than a damage paladin with a splash of healing akin to Oberon.

A crusader, a Templar. Someone designed to take the righteous fury of their god and use it to destroy evil heathens. That would work, without S#&$ting on Oberon.

2 minutes ago, Nocam said:

A crusader, a Templar. Someone designed to take the righteous fury of their god and use it to destroy evil heathens. That would work, without S#&$ting on Oberon.

I've changed his abilities to be a bit more defensively oriented. Is that a bit more what you were thinking?

• 2 weeks later...