Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you use Mesa for? What can Mesa do better than any other Warframe?

NativeKiller

Question

I am asking this question since I wanted to know if Mesa would be able to offer me something new.

I am realized that I would have to apply 11 formas(the grind...) and spend 82000 endo/4 million credits to get my desired Mesa build.

So I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask my fellow Tenno before making a decision.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by NativeKiller

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

This was the original post, in which I acknowledged to. I was referring to air units incapable affected by her ability, thats all.

This was a correction from my end to you.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

That augment only staggers them and has nothing to do with enemy DPS.

To be correct, her 3rd ability deflect projectiles and the augment has a 50% to stagger them, that's all.

I was referring to this, which I explained

23 hours ago, Praxxor said:

Which stops the spooled up weapons, which reduces their DPS greatly, not that hard to understand.

then you brought back the flying units out of the blue

23 hours ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

I was discoursing about flying enemies, genius not ground units, as it has no effect on flying enemies. "Not that hard to understand"

Also I was referring to her 2nd ability having no effect on flying units.

From wiki:

• For some reason, has no effect on flying enemies - Ospreys, Orokin Drones, etc.

I still don't know what you could possibly want from me. I never claimed that the ability affected flying units, I just don't go around explaining everything in detail, but it's not my fault if you thought that I meant that all enemies were affected.

Why are we even arguing about something so trivial?

1 minute ago, Praxxor said:

I was referring to this, which I explained

then you brought back the flying units out of the blue

I still don't know what you could possibly want from me. I never claimed that the ability affected flying units, I just don't go around explaining everything in detail, but it's not my fault if you thought that I meant that all enemies were affected.

Why are we even arguing about something so trivial?

That's not arguing genius, I was informing you that the ability only effects ground units only, and it was for your information purpose, in which you didn't need to tell me anything or quote me.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

That's not arguing genius, I was informing you that the ability only effects ground units only, and it was for your information purpose, in which you didn't need to tell me anything or quote me.

Well don't you quickly change your gears, didn't you say that you were correcting me just an hour ago? Now you say you were "informing" me, Please, stop wasting my time.

11 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Well don't you quickly change your gears, didn't you say that you were correcting me just an hour ago? Now you say you were "informing" me, Please, stop wasting my time.

How can I waste your time if you're answering me and being the forum posing a statement with less information. I was correcting an hour ago but your mind needs informing the difference. 

I'm wasting my time, good day sir.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

Mesa can solo most any content up to lvl 110 or so by herself more efficiently and more easily than almost any other frame. At least in my opinion. I have done a number of solo sorties with Mesa. I find it more difficult or more annoying with some other warframes. And downright impossible with some other ones at times. (barring the ones that are primary/melee locked, because Mesa really does need her secondaries)

You take my Mesa build, press 3, then run to a group of enemies, press 4, and hold left click while swinging your mouse around until they're all dead.

Then you keep 3 up at all times and rinse and repeat 4 and left click until the mission is complete. Once your Zenurik energy comes online you almost don't ever need energy restorations anymore for the duration of most missions. Energy pickup sand the passive energy restoration should be enough for almost all the content. You really only need a few when you're doing really long duration survival/defense missions.

That's it. Other frames might be able to clear low level content more easily. Like Ember, or whatever. But she can't clear as fast as Mesa once the levels go up. And she doesn't have Mesa's survivability.

Banshee might have more aoe clear, but prepare to use a lot more energy restorations than Mesa does and you can't take as much damage as Mesa can with her 3 up.

Equinox might be able to run around and just bomb clear the map, but there are breaks in between your damage output and you you can't apply that damage as directly and easily as Mesa can.

Frost can defend a point really well, but he doesn't have the ability to just wave his guns over the enemy mobs and watch them vanish. Once you get to higher levels his 4 is going to have more and more issues with killing enemies and you'll rely more and more on your guns for damage, slowing you down. Mesa doesn't have to problem. Defend a point? Press 3, press 4, any enemy that rears its head within 50m dies.

Assassinations? So many bosses disappear when Mesa is around. Other frames can also shred bosses really well. Titania, for instance, can be made to shred bosses. And against some bosses she does better than Mesa because she can target specific points with her 4. But Mesa clears the map and gets there and survives the hits more easily than Titania does.

The only thing where I must consider taking a frame other than Mesa is when it gets down to something like Cephalon Simaris scanning, you can easily kill the target. A frame like Loki or Ivara will be superior. As well as in spy missions. They can't be beat when it comes to things like that. Scanning stuff or spy. Mesa also isn't as good as many others when it comes to reviving allies in the middle of Infested targets. What she can try and do is 4 and clear the area, then try to revive before more enemies run in and knock her down as well. Many other frames have this issue but it's kind of glaring on Mesa because you're so used to just being able to stand and tank a number of shots with your 3 still up. Not so against infested chargers. :(