Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Morphics From Vor

Ghobe

So here's my problem with Vor dropping Morphics. Morphics is needed for quite a lot of end-gamey(current game) weapons(Gorgon, Despair, etc) and it's needed by the lots. However, Morphics drop in 3 places right now, Vor, Anyo, and Ambulas. I'd maybe push for removing it from Anyo as well, but it's not nearly as big of an issue as it is with Vor. Why is it such a big issue with it being on Vor? Because this is the first boss of the game and this is typically when the game gets "lame" "boring" "stupid" for newer players that decide to go online instead of sticking with other newbie friends/solo. This is because one of us high levels come in and rush straight to Vor as quick as we can, decimate him in a few shots, grab our drop, and go. This is a problem in the eyes of a LOT of new players, in fact it's one of the most common complaints I see from newbies giving feedback. However, if Vor never dropped our "end-game" material, this wouldn't be a problem to begin with.

So here's what I suggest: Remove Morphics from Vor. Then change the Cronus to either being crafted with no rare material and/or introduce a new "rare" material that will be used in all "newbie" weapons. Or hell even set it to require an Orokin Cell(a.k.a. give them a reason to move towards the next boss).

Yes, I agree that I found myself with a high level rushing Vor when I first played him, and that Morphics should be removed from Vor upon Update 9

I stopped there when I remembered Update 9.

Hang on tight before suggesting something for Vor, but I agree that Vor shouldn't drop anything that would be rushed for and whatnot.

Yes, I agree that I found myself with a high level rushing Vor when I first played him, and that Morphics should be removed from Vor upon Update 9

I stopped there when I remembered Update 9.

Hang on tight before suggesting something for Vor, but I agree that Vor shouldn't drop anything that would be rushed for and whatnot.

From what they said you will fight Vor at least twice. Once at our current point that we have him and at least one other time later on.

No, that would just be one less place to get an already rare mat

Morphics are far from being actually rare. In fact they're pretty common, especially on Vor who is also the easiest place to get it from.

Lol. New players also need morphics. How about you farm ambulas or anyo instead?

If you aren't that high level, why not switch to solo when farming vor? New players won't be able to complain and you won't complain too.

Lol. New players also need morphics. How about you farm ambulas or anyo instead?

If you aren't that high level, why not switch to solo when farming vor? New players won't be able to complain and you won't complain too.

Anyo is open to you by the time you reach any blue print besides Cronus and I already suggested a few things for what to do to it. Anyo is only on Mars, it's not like waiting until Pluto. Even then Morphics on lower spectrum gear could be replaced with some new material.

Because its so hard for you and other older players to farm him solo, instead ruining the newbies game, right?

My actions will not change what 98% of the community does.

And morphic is needed for Cronus btw

Did you read this part? Because it sounds like you didn't read this part.

Then change the Cronus to either being crafted with no rare material and/or introduce a new "rare" material that will be used in all "newbie" weapons. Or hell even set it to require an Orokin Cell(a.k.a. give them a reason to move towards the next boss).

high level players rushing is not a valid reason for gameplay change. they do that no matter what.

Actually the reason is closer to "high level players rushing low level content for end-game gear and absolutely ruining the game experience for newbies".

Edited by Ghobe

I don't get why you want the game to adapt to you and not you yourself adapt to the game. Does it hurt to play Solo when farming Vor? These complaint threads are not constructive. 

If you don't want others to slow you down, simply switch to Private/Solo. Or farm with your clan mates. Or farm other missions, other planets, like Pluto, where everyone is high level. There are so many options for you, yet you chose to complain here.. Imagine if you didn't, you could have gotten a few more morphics by now. 

Are you serious? How are you people not understanding what I'm trying to get across.

I'm not talking about high levels being ABLE to run Vor fast.

I'm not talking about how long or short it takes to FARM Morphics.

I'm not talking about how people should play solo or avoid online when they are FARMING.

I'm not talking about taking away your ability to farm a rare material.

I'm not talking about screwing over low levels.

I'm talking about the first boss experience of the game getting absolutely ruined by high level players farming for their high level weapon materials that comes from a VERY low level source.

I'm talking about how low level players don't get to even SEE the boss.

I'm talking about how low level players are just getting blown out of the water while the game is still BRAND NEW to them.

The "complaint" as you're calling it, rather than a suggestion(which btw, this has nothing to do with me needing morphics, I've already farmed my 50 or however many I needed), is two-fold. 1) High level weapons should require materials that can only be attained at high levels and 2) do not incentivize high level players to play with low level players, especially people that don't even have a basic grasp of the game yet.

This is not solved by me or anyone else strictly playing solo.

This is not solved by me or anyone else choosing to farm higher level areas instead.

Am I clear now? Or are we still reading the title and then immediately posting while making assumptions over what I'm "complaining" about?

OP, I agree with you. I could easily run Nef for morphics, but Vor is by far the fastest choice, because of the low level grunts and his lack of annoying/hard abilities. I could run Vor in a few minutes, killing everything and getting my morphics, while leaving any new player behind. Same thing happened to me when I first started.

Remove Morphics from Vor, change it to something like, say, Gallium or some other not-so-endgame resource. It would help, tremendously. Either move Cronus into one of those rare 'i don't need rare mats' weapon categories, or change it to the next item Vor is going to drop. We can't stop everybody from running Vor like this, but we can at least limit the appeal of it.

Or, or, or. Just add a low duration matchmaker that takes maybe 10 seconds at most to check people's masteries to try to throw people with close to the same mastery level together, then after that 10 seconds it just throws everyone it can find together.

Also, anyone who farms Vor for Morphics. You can get them just as easily from Anyo, who dies in a whopping 3-4 hits from a properly modded heavy melee weapon.

Its not done by just keeping rushers out of mercury. The problem is the structure of how rare materials are aquired per se. If You like it or not, those new players You speak of and for just learn the hard truth of this game early on: that doing missions isnt fun but work. I dont say that I like it that way, but if You want something changed, make a thread about the root of evil, not about one of its symptoms!

Meh. You assumed we only read the title and start to post immediately.

It is your OP that makes you sound like you're complaining. 

It is your OP that makes you sound like you're raging. 

It is your OP that makes you sound like what you think you're not talking about:

I'm not talking about high levels being ABLE to run Vor fast.

I'm not talking about how long or short it takes to FARM Morphics.

I'm not talking about how people should play solo or avoid online when they are FARMING.

I'm not talking about taking away your ability to farm a rare material.

I'm not talking about screwing over low levels.

You assumed that we assumed, so now it becomes our fault for any misunderstandings?

Now if we consider Morphics as a common 'Rare Resources', it should be only used for weapons that are easily attained such as those in the market or those that doesn't require mastery levels. 

Whether Morphics should be removed from Mercury, DE should have plans for it already, new resources, new content for Mercury and stuffs. 

Stuffs like high lvl players meeting the newer players in game are inevitable, the only way to counter whatever complaints each party has is to minimise the problems. 

So end game weaps should have less of Morphics, that is, to make only a small pool of end game weaps requiring morphics (Maybe only those weapons from the Void because its description says that it is possibly an Orokin technology), so that we can minimise the problems you've stated below. 

I'm talking about the first boss experience of the game getting absolutely ruined by high level players farming for their high level weapon materials that comes from a VERY low level source.

I'm talking about how low level players don't get to even SEE the boss.

I'm talking about how low level players are just getting blown out of the water while the game is still BRAND NEW to them.

Edited by wkfire

Morphics are required for Cronus - that's why Vor drops them. IMHO the way to stop rushers would be by making all bosses like Jackal - inactive until ALL players enter boss room.

Edited by xGryphus

Its not done by just keeping rushers out of mercury. The problem is the structure of how rare materials are aquired per se. If You like it or not, those new players You speak of and for just learn the hard truth of this game early on: that doing missions isnt fun but work. I dont say that I like it that way, but if You want something changed, make a thread about the root of evil, not about one of its symptoms!

There are many things that need solved before an end can be put to rushers. However, many aspects need to be taken care of first. This is a VERY simple and EASY change to make and helps the thought process for the FUTURE.

I could spend days going on every thing that needs to change if we want an end put to rushers, however, rushers will come out of the woodwork to defend their playstyle. All we're doing here is smoothing out early game experience by keeping higher levels away for now.

Meh. You assumed we only read the title and start to post immediately.

You assumed that we assumed, so now it becomes our fault for any misunderstandings?

I give you exhibit G

Morphics are required for Cronus - that's why Vor drops them.

This is yet another guy that CLEARLY did not read what I posted. More than half the people attacking my post have posted complaints against it that are either addressed in that opening post or in responses thereafter.

Whether Morphics should be removed from Mercury, DE should have plans for it already, new resources, new content for Mercury and stuffs.

You can not assume that DE knows of every problem. If you do not bring up an issue, there is only a very small chance that they realize that the issue exists and since it's not weighing heavily upon the public's mind, it's assigned a low priority unless it's absolutely game breaking or giving out free money.

Now if we consider Morphics as a common 'Rare Resources', it should be only used for weapons that are easily attained such as those in the market or those that doesn't require mastery levels.

So end game weaps should have less of Morphics, that is, to make only a small pool of end game weaps requiring morphics (Maybe only those weapons from the Void because its description says that it is possibly an Orokin technology), so that we can minimise the problems you've stated below.

As to this there are 2 solutions. Remove Morphics from Vor and Cronus OR remove Morphics from Ambulas and change every late game, end game, and high rank piece of gear to not require Morphics. Which is easier?

although removing morphics from vor will ruin his lore since morphics are possibly orokin and vor is apparently obsessed with it.

Lore takes the backseat to gameplay every time. EVERY. TIME. Otherwise the game will NOT succeed.

Stuffs like high lvl players meeting the newer players in game are inevitable

True, except for outside of Anyo and Vor, a low level player will be able to at the very least, see the boss and a mechanic or two before he dies.

EDIT: Don't know why but for some reason my responses are being eaten in quick edit anymore.

Edited by Ghobe

New player: "Well looks like I'm not going to be able to use that Cronus anytime soon..."

Time for that sword to be outclassed in the meantime...

Edit: got space Ninja'd a galaxy far away...

Edited by Zeus154