Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pls make regular body skins selectable on primed frames #FashionFrame

ZiKi1705

Hi.. we all want our frames to look top-notch so...
how come in appearance under physique there is "no body selected" option? i mean, when you select a helmet.. you can select the regular one, primed one (if there's a primed version of the frame) and few alternatives.. but in body options you can't select between regular and primed one.. 
my biggest pet peeve is the Saryn prime... the jiggly skirt gets on my nerves too much, clips though arms and syandanas.. if only there would be an option to use regular saryn skin.. without jiggly skirt.. i would be so happy

so my proposition is this... make it same as helmet selection... example... Saryn skin, Saryn prime skin, Saryn Immortal skin and Saryn Orphid skin...

Thank you for reading this :D

I know what you initially asked; for normal frames' appearances to be equippable as skins on primes. but then you said "saryn prime skin." So do you also want prime frames' appearances to become equippable skins too (i'm assuming that you'd only have access to it once you own the prime warframe)?

Yeah.. basically 'Saryn prime skin' is the skin of Saryn prime..
so same as with the helmets as there is a 'Saryn prime helmet' and 'Saryn helmet'... regular frames cannot equip primed skin tho...

i'm not sure if you get to choose regular helmet on primed frames if you never owned a regular frame... but that's beside the point

what do you think... am i asking for too much? i'm just really annoyed by the jiggly stuff..

thanks for replaying m8 :)

Edited by OnyX1705

I've had the same problem too, sometimes also you just want the original skin too. I think Nyx Prime looks great but sometimes you want to have a sleek and agile stealthy looking frame and the large gold part can detract from that. I made a concept for a mechanic that I think would also solve this problem and I would love to hear your feedback.  I'll give you an up vote to support a common solution and collaboration!

Hmm well prime frames also have stats boost, special graphic effects and that sweet energy recharge effect in the Void - they're not just skins.

It would be enough to apply by default the vanilla models when using TennoGen skins, damit... I'm looking at Nova, Nyx and Volt in particular. And I feel like I should ask my money back, since with the prime models as the base those expensive skins actually look very different from what I paid for.

why i ask for has no downsides... i see no reason not to do this... especially because normal and primed frames can use deluxe skins...which change the hole appearance..
im not asking for stat changes and other stuff.. just the option to choose btw primed body skin and regular 'vanilla' skin...

as i have already said.. i rly rly rly hate Saryns jiggly skirt

I would like this for sentinels as well.. (wyrm prime to have the option to look like normal wyrm etc.)

Edited by OnyX1705

I'm totally on board for allowing prime frames to look like their unprimed counterparts. I really want to run The War Within with my classic Saryn appearance, so I may not even use Saryn Prime for the quest, despite its more complete build and better stats. That, or I'll wait to run the quest until after prime frames can equip unprimed skins.

I agree 100%. I hate the prime version of Saryn aswell, that skirt is really annoying. I just did a quick photoshop to show what OP is trying to explain.

Spoiler

uwIJjKf.png 

Here you see my Saryn prime and my skins for the warframe, and below the original skin from the normal version of the warframe. In order to use the normal skin, you'd have to have the original in your slot to equip it, or something. 

Edited by SweetyPop

On 9/27/2016 at 11:51 AM, TaylorsContraction said:

I'd be down if unlocking the default skin costs plat even, like 20-40 plat. Much like unlocking animations from different warframes (though they'd only be useable with the appropriate warframe).

naw it shouldnt have to be purchasable via platinum. i think if you farm the prime frame, and craft it and then own it, you should be able to select its appearance for your normal frame of the same kind. on the whole i'm actually against this idea but only because i like the visual distinction between the frames (when i'm playing pugs) and would like them to remain that way. at the same time there's no harm being done if this change was made. 

On 9/27/2016 at 5:51 PM, TaylorsContraction said:

I'd be down if unlocking the default skin costs plat even, like 20-40 plat. Much like unlocking animations from different warframes (though they'd only be useable with the appropriate warframe).

It should be a regular feature. No need for plat.