Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, which is more op? and good overall for all situations?

Iiqhtninq

Question

6 answers to this question

Tonkor is super easy to get but requires some Formas to be effective at higher levels.

Simulor has the proc that gives energy, also with Mirage its stupidly op as you always have energy to cast illusions and 5 stacks of Simulor melts enemies even with no Forma.

Edited by Fursum012

(Synoid) Simulor is from my opinion the best primary actually. It has 15 shots in 1 magazine so in a situation where you're overrun by enemies, you can easily shoot like 4 fast orbs and let the enemies die quickly. The Tonkor would shoot just 2 'nades and some of the enemies might be still alive, since the Simulor's orbs / Vortex has a big range to damage enemies. And even if you're low on ammo, you need to shoot 1 orb and then press your alt fire button (usually it is the middle mouse button / wheel) and the orb detonates instantly dealing a high amount of damage and a 100% electricity proc to nearby enemies.

But if you're trying to kill high-tier enemies (usually they have a big amount of health) then the Tonkor wins and kills the enemy in literally 1 shot. The Simulor needs to be shot 4 times to place a vortex that can kill the enemy fast, but the Tonkor would be faster in this situation.

I still prefer the Simulor since it is amazing for def missions and spamming the enemy spawn rooms to kill them right after they spawn.

Tonkor is an AoE Damage per shot weapon.

Simulor is an AoE DPS weapon.

Tonkor does better against armored enemies since it usually drives overkill damage. While Simulor usually has a higher kill rate with unarmored enemies.

Tonkor has semi-wild shots that can completely miss while SImulor has very short range. Tonkor's status is mostly a waste while Simulor can proc fairly reliably.

Tonkor requires no special treatment outside of mods. Simulor requires a fire macro to make full use of outside of Mirage.

The only situation that comes to mind where one is better is armored enemies, otherwise they perform similarly.

I tend to use Simulor and rarely use Tonkor.

23 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

Both are OP, both ruin fun for your teammates, and both need to be nerfed...again.

The primary issue is they keep adding AoE weapons that don't damage the user. Nerfing them any other way than causing damage for misuse is unjustified.

They could make AoE weapons do 1/10 the damage a single target weapon does and they'd still be good because of the mass number of enemies we deal with.

I'd be a perfect example of that since my most used weapon is Ignis which is not really known for it's damage output.