Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime colors =/= orokin palette

ARHYST

Question

I just realised, by watching at Ayatan Sculptures and weapons, that prime stuff is rarely painted in colors from orokin palette. For example, Ayatan Sculptures - white, black, light grey, gold...targis prime amor default colors - black, white, grey, gold...same goes for cycuta prime syandana, etc.
In orokin palette, there is no black or grey...so, that makes me thinking of an actual fashion that Orokins were into. White and gold is a must, but for the rest...were they using black and grey, or beige and brownish colors?
Anyway, right now, i am not sure how to paint my stuff (frames, weapons, ship, etc.) to go full prime.

What is more "prime" look in your opinion:

This (orokin palette colors)

http://imgur.com/gS2eEuD

or thiS (colors that matching default targis armor and many prime weapons)

http://imgur.com/OWEX92j

7 answers to this question

Well, I have Excalibur Prime and I'll be honest: That pallette saves my butt every damn time I need to switch the tints around. Not the only frame I've been able to save thanks to it. So there's a theme going.

Another thing would be if we need another Orokin themed pallette that focused on other areas and how to name it :)

10 hours ago, (PS4)Saddler01 said:

Go check out AGGP on youtube. He has a good amount of vids involving fashion-frame, especially prime stuff. 

He have good color combinations, perfect sense for fashionframe, but i knda feel uncomfortable while watching his videos. Muting video is not so helpfull. But tnx anyway.

10 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

White and gold is (and was) the typical orokin theme. The palette itself has never reflected its actual variety, which is gold, bronze, white, grey, black and brown. Regardless, the palette does actually have the main colours, and white/gold is nearly a constant.

Yes, but it palette needs some darker colors, to make contrast to white.

10 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, I have Excalibur Prime and I'll be honest: That pallette saves my butt every damn time I need to switch the tints around. Not the only frame I've been able to save thanks to it. So there's a theme going.

Another thing would be if we need another Orokin themed pallette that focused on other areas and how to name it :)

Damn, so jelly. :) if i had exal prime, i would color every frame in his colors...because, you know, he is the 1st and godlike.

10 hours ago, marshmellory said:

honestly the one you made using the orokin palette looks better

THAT BEING SAID, the palette is definitely missing a lot of the blue-greys and bronzes that you see much more of in the void, especially over the 4 billion blues the palette already has

Thank you. Well, i am seeking for perfect colors for WW. Idk why, but fashionframe is demanding for that quest.
Same goes for lotus palette. It is missinig actual basic lotus colors...the irony is real on that one. :)