Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Kills Boss, Rest Get No Resources.

Ss3trnks2

So after many many different boss fights, we've noticed that if the host is the one who kills the boss, no one else in the party gets the resources dropped by the boss, just the host will. We've tried this with Hek, Hyena, and Jackal. We've also done this with several different groups entirely to make sure it wasn't just a single host who had the issue. Anyone else seen this bug? It happens pretty much everytime the host kills the boss from what we can tell.

Edited by Ss3trnks2

I'm not sure if it applies to the host's pet as well, but whenever I host, I stay as far away from the boss as Tennoly possible.

You CAN assist by shooting at the boss to help lower his HP. Just have to make sure host doesn't get the last hit.

Edited by WTYD

f*(^!!!

So that is what has been going on?

I've been through a few Boss fight were nothing but a Mod or two appears. I just thought that reasources, along with Bps were not guaranteed. In reality I've been missing out of that much...  D:<   D:< 

Something tells me it is due to the ragdoll physics of the drops,if it is than i think a simple solution to fix this would be to have a visual marker hovering above the said loot that indicates what the boss has dropped.Otherwise i have encountered a similar problem like this except i was the host.....the rest of the player receive the resources except me~

I haven't had this and I was hosting Kril a ton last night. Can't say for *sure* I was the one getting the killing blow, but considering my despair with maxed Barrel Diffusion deal over 800 per hit are combined with a maxed Gunslinger, I'd say it's *likely* I was getting the last hits (had 96% of the damage dealt on one run... lol'd kinda hard at that one). Everyone was getting those drops just fine- I was calling out "WOO ORO CELL!" every time they dropped and nobody was going "I didn't get one :(".

... what, farming for Latron Prime, Frost Prime, three Forma BPs, Saryn, and Saryn's alt helm, starting from 0 Cells. I needed a *lot* of them. One run he even dropped TWO! =O

I agree it's probably related to drops having physics to them. An improved collection radius (maybe even map-wide for BPs since ONLY bosses drop them) and automatic markers (waypoints) on boss drops would go a long way.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Something tells me it is due to the ragdoll physics of the drops,if it is than i think a simple solution to fix this would be to have a visual marker hovering above the said loot that indicates what the boss has dropped.Otherwise i have encountered a similar problem like this except i was the host.....the rest of the player receive the resources except me~

Mods, Resources and Blueprints should not have Ragdoll physics in the first place.

They should just drop like a rock right in front of the corpse/container it came from.

I've seen plenty of times where mods fell off the edge into a void, or blueprint "balls" rolled off in some hard-to-get place (esp the grineer asteroid bosses) and one time I saw a Blueprint end up way up on the pipes overlooking the Arena, dunno how the heck it wound up all the way up there, but if the frost hadn't seen it, we would have never known about it.

I haven't had this and I was hosting Kril a ton last night. Can't say for *sure* I was the one getting the killing blow, but considering my despair with maxed Barrel Diffusion deal over 800 per hit are combined with a maxed Gunslinger, I'd say it's *likely* I was getting the last hits (had 96% of the damage dealt on one run... lol'd kinda hard at that one). Everyone was getting those drops just fine- I was calling out "WOO ORO CELL!" every time they dropped and nobody was going "I didn't get one :(".

... what, farming for Latron Prime, Frost Prime, three Forma BPs, Saryn, and Saryn's alt helm, starting from 0 Cells. I needed a *lot* of them. One run he even dropped TWO! =O

I agree it's probably related to drops having physics to them. An improved collection radius (maybe even map-wide for BPs since ONLY bosses drop them) and automatic markers (waypoints) on boss drops would go a long way.

+1 but you can gets thiefs whit. It auto marks mats at least (rubedo, salvage etc) not sure about blueprints and whatnot though.

While I've experience this bug, I've notice the orthos can move resources, and possible even mods, around. So if anyone is going for the melee with an orthos while the boss dies, there is a very good chance that the resources would go flying.

I think the fact that important items get thrown via physics instead of dropping right where he dies is an issue to.  Sometimes you might not have been looking at the boss when he dies and you'll miss out looking around.

Maybe make it a sub mission after killing boss, then B) pickup the important item  so it appears on your minimap.

I think the fact that important items get thrown via physics instead of dropping right where he dies is an issue to.  Sometimes you might not have been looking at the boss when he dies and you'll miss out looking around.

Maybe make it a sub mission after killing boss, then B) pickup the important item  so it appears on your minimap.

It would be better if items simply dropped in place or had a greatly reduced physics effect.