Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny rumor; possibility of Destiny 2 on PC

Ibro156

http://kotaku.com/sources-destiny-2-coming-to-pc-aims-to-feel-like-a-to-1787153460

tl;dr (take everything with a pinch of salt):

• It's basically rumour based off "friend" from who works as a Dev for Bungie. 
  • The Bungie team got rearranged and the original directors of Destiny were replaced with Taken King directors; Luke Smith (Director) and Mark Noseworthy (Executive Director). 
  • Destiny 2 is said to be on PC as well, not making it an only console game anymore but again it's a RUMOR.
  • Destiny 2 may cause all players to restart fresh with a new character but they maybe compensated for their time on Destiny 1.
  • In short Destiny 2 will take it story seriously.
  • Destiny will have more populated space instead of being an empty wasteland which there are no friendly NPCs.
  • Destiny 2 will try to have a new gameplay model called "play in destinations". Basically, a revamp on the patrol missions making them feel more populated with NPCs, shops and outpost (obviously).

Over the past few months, I’ve heard that Bungie’s leadership wantsDestiny 2 to feel like a proper sequel, even if that means leaving old planets, characters, and activities behind. In conversations with me, people connected to Bungie have made comparisons to Blizzard’s Diablo 2, which iterated on the first game in some incredible ways but didn’t carry over characters or content from Diablo. I don’t know exactly how much will change in Destiny 2, but all signs point to the developers starting from scratch. “D2 is a completely different game,” said one person familiar with development. “The Taken King was a reboot for Destiny 1 to fix small things. This is the overhaul to fix big things.”