Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur: possible changes

Desperado14

Normally, I do not try to beat a dead horse when it comes to these forums, but I was thinking of some changes that could really help excalibur's abilities, and maybe some or all of these may be good ideas DE may consider.  

I would like to say first that I have mained excalibur for the majority of the time I have played this game.  I have polarized him several times, and had a lot of fun with him.  However, I think most people agree that his less than recent nerfs were a little harsh.  The changes were needed, but I think a different direction with some of his abilities may be something we are in need of now.  Please here me out on these suggestions:

Slash Dash: stays as is, except enemies that are blinded/ unalerted take finisher damage with this ability.  

Radial Blind: no change!

Radial Javelin:  does slash damage instead of puncture, deals slash proc and strips armor.  Not as much range, but much like a "radial shurikin" if you will.  

Exalted blade:  Drains energy over time as normal, but instead of wielding an energy blade, just adds damage and attack speed to current melee weapon, and a ranged effect (to take place of the turret). his first and third abilities gains damage, and his second gains duration.  excalibur gains armor and speed as well.  

I think these changes would make excalibur more effective without becoming overpowered.  It would also make him the close range melee character we've all really wanted, as well as add so much more synergy between his abilities.  

Please list your guys' thoughts on this.

Thanks for reading. 

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

No to all of these. He's in a good place. He is a close range character as well as a long range character. Have you ever actually hit an enemy with the blade of exalted blade? It does insane amounts of damage.

Totally agreed, Excalibur is in a very good place right now, so any buff is totally unneeded.

The only Change I'd do is giving EB an actual slide attack and moving the mini blind to alt fire button.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

I would love to see a small change to EB.
Press 4 to have it as quick-melee without the waves. Hold 4 to equip it as full-on melee just like right now.
Reason? I don't know. Just would love to see the Blade from time to time without having to activate the skill. I find it kinda boring to use EB in its current state.

14 minutes ago, Desperado14 said:

Radial Javelin:  does slash damage instead of puncture, deals slash proc and strips armor.

nopity nope nope to this one. the purpose of a javelin is to puncture defenses to deal precise damage, not make sweeping slashing motions to eviscerate the enemy.

im ok with updating stats or mechanic, but gotta stay puncture

7 hours ago, Desperado14 said:

Exalted blade:  Drains energy over time as normal, but instead of wielding an energy blade, just adds damage and attack speed to current melee weapon, and a ranged effect (to take place of the turret). his first and third abilities gains damage, and his second gains duration.  excalibur gains armor and speed as well.

Energy drain already exist, so no exalted weapon but affix damage and speed to melee weapon, seems terrible idea and that's not called exalted weapon. Most of the points listed already exist so I don't see any change. Excliber gaining armor and speed seemed ok but his melee mods take speed effect into account (e.g. berserker). 

7 hours ago, Desperado14 said:

Please list your guys' thoughts on this.

^ What?

The rest of the abilities are superb and the points you've mentioned, except for EB.