Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction/Trading House Platform

(XBOX)Wicked Vash

10 hours ago, CapAllan said:

Snip

I would not mind if a system like warframe.market was put into the game, it still prevents the negatives of a full blown AH, but would have more access to those that play. It would increase the number of people using such a system.

For those complaining about having to msg somebody, them respond, and both of you be online, this is exactly what we need to prevent botting. If you think prices are wonky now, or something is broken now, just wait until the game is owned by bots. If you are just about buying stuff, you will rejoice, new prime parts will be dirt cheep. If you are hoping to make some plat without spending $$$, good luck.

I understand the need for a better system WITHIN the game, but we have to compromise. DE has GOOD reasons for not putting in an AH as of yet. They are not dumb, believe me. Why don't we get past the current big updates and planned features, then have DE look into improving trading. You should have played before trading was introduced, now that was annoying =).

On 10/9/2016 at 3:58 AM, (XB1)RG Nadiko said:

In all honesty any one who does not want an auction house in the game is just afraid of losing there ability to scam players out of there Plat and when you get down to it Plat is money people have earned that money and your essentially scamming people out of the money they used to buy that Plat this is why we need an auction house so badly and the day that DE adds an AH is the day DE earns my respect and on that day we will all know that DE does not in fact promote the scammers

Until then the trade chat remains inhumane my opinion 

No such thing as a scammer in this game that I can think of. You know what your plat is worth to you. You know what the item you are buying is... exactly what it is. You either agree with the price or not. There is no scam.

4 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

No such thing as a scammer in this game that I can think of. You know what your plat is worth to you. You know what the item you are buying is... exactly what it is. You either agree with the price or not. There is no scam.

how about new players who dont k.ow the prices well. there are instability in prices posted in chat. 

example 

once i see item x being sold for 1k plat. that item is no longer farmable so some new player with plat might buy it.

the next day i saw the same item for 200p. 

they might not be scammer but if i bought the first item i will feel cheated already.

the ability to see what prices people are selling it in general prevents it.

botting? is there a bot here in wf? if you will need credits to sell specially primed mods the multi accounts will have a hard time. just make credits non transferrable. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

how about new players who dont k.ow the prices well. there are instability in prices posted in chat. 

example 

once i see item x being sold for 1k plat. that item is no longer farmable so some new player with plat might buy it.

they might not be scammer but if i bought the first item i will feel cheated already.

botting? is there a bot here in wf? if you will need credits to sell specially primed mods the multi accounts will have a hard time. just make credits non transferrable. 

If unsure about a price, look it up. Ignorance is not an excuse.

11 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

example 

So what? You weren't scammed. Let's say that I farmed Ember. I looked around and realized that nobody farmed ember. That becuase the bp was in ODD and almost no other primes were in ODD, once people got their ember they didn't farm it. Unlike other primes that you make pick up randomly while doing a key looking for something else, the ember bp is rare.

The week ember was vaulted i go into trade chat and post "WTS Ember set 1000p".

People ignore me because I'm a "scammer" because other people are selling it for 300p. But I think they are fools and the price will rise. I think I will eventually be able to sell my Ember for 1000p. It's not incumbent upon me to watch trade chat for months and determine when everyone else has decided that 1000p is acceptable. That's just MY PRICE. That's what I determined it was worth.

If I was selling Ember for 1000p today, those same people ignoring me a year ago would be scrambling to buy it at 1000p because that's cheap. So how can me offering a price I know is right for the item be "scamming"? Yet you would have labelled it such early on.

It doesn't matter if someone is offering X for 1000p and someone else is offering 200p. They are not "Scamming" you. They are charging what that item is worth TO THEM. Perhaps the item was very hard for them to get. Perhaps it took them 20 radiant relics while someone else got 5 of them in 20 relics. Perhaps those two people see the rarity differently, and the replacement cost differently.

A polite "no" to the person whose charging more than you'd like is all it takes. That's it... you are done. You know what you paid for your plat. You know how hard it is to farm the item (or you should before you buy it). If it is worth paying X plat to get it now for YOU then buy it, if not then don't.

What you seem to be angry about is that someone else isn't doing your leg work for you. That someone else isn't researching trade chat and figuring out the lowest price and selling it to you for that price. Sorry that's your job. Why is the seller responsible to research the price of the item and the buyer is not? Why are you angry at the seller when you find out you can get it cheaper and not angry at yourself? Perhaps the seller has no idea of the prices either and is just posting what they think they want to get for the item.

When someone sells something they have no idea of the price of (which you condone since as a buyer you don't feel responsible to find out), then they will price it high. When nobody buys it they will bring down their price. When nobody buys that they will bring it down more, until someone buys it. When someone buys it they willl stop at that price. That's how it works.

BUt nobody is ever being scammed,

On 17/10/2016 at 8:49 PM, Shockwave- said:

So what? You weren't scammed. Let's say that I farmed Ember. I looked around and realized that nobody farmed ember. That becuase the bp was in ODD and almost no other primes were in ODD, once people got their ember they didn't farm it. Unlike other primes that you make pick up randomly while doing a key looking for something else, the ember bp is rare.

The week ember was vaulted i go into trade chat and post "WTS Ember set 1000p".

People ignore me because I'm a "scammer" because other people are selling it for 300p. But I think they are fools and the price will rise. I think I will eventually be able to sell my Ember for 1000p. It's not incumbent upon me to watch trade chat for months and determine when everyone else has decided that 1000p is acceptable. That's just MY PRICE. That's what I determined it was worth.

If I was selling Ember for 1000p today, those same people ignoring me a year ago would be scrambling to buy it at 1000p because that's cheap. So how can me offering a price I know is right for the item be "scamming"? Yet you would have labelled it such early on.

It doesn't matter if someone is offering X for 1000p and someone else is offering 200p. They are not "Scamming" you. They are charging what that item is worth TO THEM. Perhaps the item was very hard for them to get. Perhaps it took them 20 radiant relics while someone else got 5 of them in 20 relics. Perhaps those two people see the rarity differently, and the replacement cost differently.

A polite "no" to the person whose charging more than you'd like is all it takes. That's it... you are done. You know what you paid for your plat. You know how hard it is to farm the item (or you should before you buy it). If it is worth paying X plat to get it now for YOU then buy it, if not then don't.

What you seem to be angry about is that someone else isn't doing your leg work for you. That someone else isn't researching trade chat and figuring out the lowest price and selling it to you for that price. Sorry that's your job. Why is the seller responsible to research the price of the item and the buyer is not? Why are you angry at the seller when you find out you can get it cheaper and not angry at yourself? Perhaps the seller has no idea of the prices either and is just posting what they think they want to get for the item.

When someone sells something they have no idea of the price of (which you condone since as a buyer you don't feel responsible to find out), then they will price it high. When nobody buys it they will bring down their price. When nobody buys that they will bring it down more, until someone buys it. When someone buys it they willl stop at that price. That's how it works.

BUt nobody is ever being scammed,

And this is why the trade chat is chaotic.
Sellers will want to sell at a high price.
Buyers will want to get the item as cheap as possible.
This is normal everywhere.

Imagine the sellers dread when a trade system is up.
The buyer can sort the items by price and the item that worth this much to the player will be ignored until they go with the competition.

In truth you just want to keep the prices up for your items. 
A lot will ignore your price but there is always someone gullible enough to get your stuff.
You won't be able to hook players to buy at their price for simply not knowing current price trend.
Maybe that is not scamming but it is a gray area that i don't want to deal with.

If the price will go up or down i want to see it gradually as the sellers and buyers adjust to the supply and demand.
A 50%+ increase or decrease in price in an hour just because it is what the item is worth to them is crazy.

A person selling an item for 1000 when someone else is selling it for 200 is a scammer in my dictionary.
I just feel sorry for those who will buy your wares.

17 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

And this is why the trade chat is chaotic.
Sellers will want to sell at a high price.
Buyers will want to get the item as cheap as possible.
This is normal everywhere.

Imagine the sellers dread when a trade system is up.
The buyer can sort the items by price and the item that worth this much to the player will be ignored until they go with the competition.

In truth you just want to keep the prices up for your items. 
A lot will ignore your price but there is always someone gullible enough to get your stuff.
You won't be able to hook players to buy at their price for simply not knowing current price trend.
Maybe that is not scamming but it is a gray area that i don't want to deal with.

If the price will go up or down i want to see it gradually as the sellers and buyers adjust to the supply and demand.
A 50%+ increase or decrease in price in an hour just because it is what the item is worth to them is crazy.

A person selling an item for 1000 when someone else is selling it for 200 is a scammer in my dictionary.
I just feel sorry for those who will buy your wares.

And what you dread is a system that allows only buyers to list the items they want to buy and the price they are offering. Then sellers can come along and sell to the person offering the highest price.

You just want to lower the prices by making sellers compete instead of buyers. The way it is now neither sellers nor buyers have any kind of advantge whatsoever. You want to put  a system in place that gives a huge advantage to buyers. Why is what is good for buyers "good" and what is good for sellers "bad"?

"A person selling an item for 1000 when someone else is selling it for 200 is a scammer in my dictionary. "

Then you are nuts. If 10 people are selling it for 1000 and one person pops into trade chat and sells it for 200, in your mind those 10 people magically became scammers without even seeing the person selling for 200. You require all sellers to be omniscient and know all the prices everyone is selling at but buyers have to know exactly ZERO. .

In addition once ONE person says WTS in trade chat for 200 then the "price" is now 200 in your mind. Period. This is nuts. If that one guy sells his item for 200 then the price is back to 1000 because that is where everyone else is selling it. In your mind the lowest price being offered is THE PRICE of the item. Why not the highest price a buyer is buying at? why isn't' that THE PRICE and anything less is a discount. You have one sided glasses on.... sorry. The value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it. That is how value is determined.

2 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

And what you dread is a system that allows only buyers to list the items they want to buy and the price they are offering. Then sellers can come along and sell to the person offering the highest price.

You just want to lower the prices by making sellers compete instead of buyers. The way it is now neither sellers nor buyers have any kind of advantge whatsoever. You want to put  a system in place that gives a huge advantage to buyers. Why is what is good for buyers "good" and what is good for sellers "bad"?

"A person selling an item for 1000 when someone else is selling it for 200 is a scammer in my dictionary. "

Then you are nuts. If 10 people are selling it for 1000 and one person pops into trade chat and sells it for 200, in your mind those 10 people magically became scammers without even seeing the person selling for 200. You require all sellers to be omniscient and know all the prices everyone is selling at but buyers have to know exactly ZERO. .

In addition once ONE person says WTS in trade chat for 200 then the "price" is now 200 in your mind. Period. This is nuts. If that one guy sells his item for 200 then the price is back to 1000 because that is where everyone else is selling it. In your mind the lowest price being offered is THE PRICE of the item. Why not the highest price a buyer is buying at? why isn't' that THE PRICE and anything less is a discount. You have one sided glasses on.... sorry. The value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it. That is how value is determined.

This is exactly why we need an Auction House to get an idea of what the over all general prices the community is buying and selling at. it would help the over all community come together and come to terms with agreeable prices for sellers and buyers. granted prices will  fluctuate but that's also where the AH comes in to help all members of the community. can keep track of supply and demand and price  fluctuation so that both buyers and sellers can adapt. with the price  fluctuation because right now there is no market all item values are completely based on. sentimental value of whoever obtained said item because of how long it may or may not have taken said person to obtain. said item and I'm sorry but just because said item took you days to obtain does not mean that I the buyer will have the same  sentimental value. for the item in question it cost me real money to buy plat and I am in a since spending real money on your digital item. essentially a dollar is  relative to 15 plat how many dollars are you the seller trying to milk me for. I'm sorry but I'm not a cash cow so I will try to buy items at reasonable prices. 1000p that's 50 dollars your trying to get out of me but it seems that the community does not compare plat to USD to get and give fair prices.

" I'm sorry but just because said item took you days to obtain does not mean that I the buyer will have the same  sentimental value. for the item in question '

No but it changes the amount of plat it takes to separate me from my item. What it is worth to someone else doesn't matter.

Take a Birkenbag. People make them and sell them for 50,000 or what ever. Some people buy them. I think they have no intrinsic value at all. So what is the price? What the buyer is willing to buy it for or what everyone "agrees on". I would vote for them to be worth $200.00, but that doesn't stop high end shops from selling them to high end clients.

1000p is nowhere near 50.00 geez. Most players buy plat with a 50% discount. Some get it from Prime access or win it bi-weekly. The average real dollar cost of 1000 plat is not even close to 50.00.

5 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

No but it changes the amount of plat it takes to separate me from my item. What it is worth to someone else doesn't matter.

Players with this kind of mentality are the very reason why we need a shop system.

Take a Birkenbag. People make them and sell them for 50,000 or what ever. Some people buy them. I think they have no intrinsic value at all. So what is the price? What the buyer is willing to buy it for or what everyone "agrees on". I would vote for them to be worth $200.00, but that doesn't stop high end shops from selling them to high end clients.

Real life items have a different reasons for an item is selling at different prices. Material Quality, Handcrafted, Fuel Cost on delivery, location and of course promotional BS that hypes the item.
So you justify your item with what reason? your bad RNG that you want to pass into another player? or you are gonna argue that your frame is handcrafted?

lets say a bag is a loki prime.
I will just buy normal bag that cost way less right than your Birken bag, last time i checked they have the same functions. they just have different source

1000p is nowhere near 50.00 geez. Most players buy plat with a 50% discount. Some get it from Prime access or win it bi-weekly. The average real dollar cost of 1000 plat is not even close to 50.00.

I don't even know what to say... i'm speechless....  you seriously reduced the USD to plat conversion because of discounts.

On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 2:16 AM, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

Players with this kind of mentality are the very reason why we need a shop system.

Real life items have a different reasons for an item is selling at different prices. Material Quality, Handcrafted, Fuel Cost on delivery, location and of course promotional BS that hypes the item.
So you justify your item with what reason? your bad RNG that you want to pass into another player? or you are gonna argue that your frame is handcrafted?

lets say a bag is a loki prime.
I will just buy normal bag that cost way less right than your Birken bag, last time i checked they have the same functions. they just have different source

I don't even know what to say... i'm speechless....  you seriously reduced the USD to plat conversion because of discounts.

Every thing he just said pretty much hits the spot lol

Of the f2p games that i play regularly Neverwinter and Startrek Online have a fantastic AH systems,

• everything can be seen at a a glance
  • New stuff added at a pretty reasonable rate
  • buying and selling is exceptionally easy and painless, just select the item, select price and submit.
  • no interaction with buyers/sellers is required.
  • AH/exchange are in central easy to access areas,
  • the currency used can be farmed or converted from the premium currency
  • both games still going strong, especially on PC (console versions were only recently released.)

warframes trade system.... tried it once, never again, people are impatient (typing with a control pad is slow and tedious), the chat itself looks chaotic and archaic.