Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Relic farming location

Gmo50

Question

The current go-to location for relic farming is Hierachon, Pluto for Axi and Neo Relics. I'm pretty new to this, but I was wondering why it is considered better. According to the wiki, Kala-Azar(Eris)has drops for Neo relics on A rotation and Axi relics on B and C. Is that not better? I can typically clear every wave of Kala-Azar in under a minute, making it almost a relic every 5 minutes, especially because it is pretty common drops too. And maybe Excavation is better, but then why Hierachon when Cholistan, Europa has the exact same drop rotations and is ~15 levels easier, making it easier to stay longer?

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Gmo50 said:

The current go-to location for relic farming is Hierachon, Pluto for Axi and Neo Relics. I'm pretty new to this, but I was wondering why it is considered better. According to the wiki, Kala-Azar(Eris)has drops for Neo relics on A rotation and Axi relics on B and C. Is that not better? I can typically clear every wave of Kala-Azar in under a minute, making it almost a relic every 5 minutes, especially because it is pretty common drops too. And maybe Excavation is better, but then why Hierachon when Cholistan, Europa has the exact same drop rotations and is ~15 levels easier, making it easier to stay longer?

Excavation is way faster, especially with multiple excavators running at the same time. As for why people run Hierachon instead of Cholistan, I don't know.

12 minutes ago, Barrrkley said:

ty. it kind of helps, but whenever i try the ones marked it never drops. i think rng just hates our household as saryn bp and chassis and the relics they need never drop for any of us lol

i know cz now farming is incresed even more u need specifc relic and hope to get part u need..

Kala-Azar is nowhere near Hieracon. It's true that it requires less effort, but its chances for a relic drop aren't that good either. Xini for example has good chances of relics at rotation A, and guaranteed relics at B and C. Kala-Azar has trash mods dilluting every rotation. So for the time spent, it's way better to run Xini or Hieracon if you specifically want relics.

Another factor is Hieracon's A rotations. In Kala-Azar, if you get a relic in rotation A, it's just that, a relic. In Hieracon, you have to go through 2 excavators, which means 2 credit bundles or endo packs. The result is that in the same time interval, a Hieracon run will yield around the same amount as relics + a good quantity of endo and credits, while Kala-Azar would only give you relics.

EDIT: Also

4 hours ago, Gmo50 said:

Europa has the exact same drop rotations and is ~15 levels easier, making it easier to stay longer?

~15 levels easier = less affinity rewarded, which leads to less focus/standings as well. Europa excavation also seems to be bugged, just look at all the forum threads sprouting up every time we get an Europa excavation sortie. Not sure if that bug is exclusive to sortie or not though.

Edited by TheScytale

I get that running multiple excavators makes it faster, but from my experience on Hierachon, there are constantly people who are unable to hold them, so I end up just running one at a time, which seems to take significantly longer than other missions. Also, out of the 4 times I've run Kala-Azar, I've only gotten 2 trick mags, the other 14 drops have been relics. Hierachon on the other hand appears to be extremely diluted with mods on the C rotations. From my experience it's somewhere around 50/50 chance for relic or some ammo mutation mod. It seems like the relic drop at rate at Kala-Azar is more consistent. Do you think Hierachon is still worth it if you are only running 1 extractor at a time also? Maybe I should just recruit to find people who can hold extractors on their own...

Edited by Gmo50

14 hours ago, Gmo50 said:

then why Hierachon when Cholistan, Europa has the exact same drop rotations and is ~15 levels easier, making it easier to stay longer?

I can't stand the Europa tileset and staying longer is pointless.  My relics will be the same if I do two 1200 cryotic or one 2400 cryotic mission.

Also your personal RNG is skewing your perceptions.  Kala-Azar has a greater than 30% chance to NOT give you a relic on A and B is a 50/50 chance.   C also has really good odds at about 77%.  When you don't get a relic you get garbage.

Heiracon has the same 50/50 chance at B and 77% chance at C for a relic.  You trade the A drop relics for a 25% chance at endo.

Claiming one spot is better than the other is misleading.  They are certainly different though and the important thing is to align what you want to get out of a mission with doing the mission that maximizes what ever that is.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR