Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

pissed 'bout trade chat

cactusjelly

Question

so i've stopped warframe-ing for a while and when i came back last week, i could not sell anything in the trade chat. like, people buy energy xiphon but not a loki prime bp?Can anyone tell me how i could get other players to buy my shi- stuffs?p.s. in the end i just sold my prime parts and stuffs for ducats. =3

Spoiler

or tell me to be patient

Spoiler

wait. i dont need ducats. what have i done?

8 answers to this question

for trade u need to  really to spend lot time in chat...that is only key for good trades....i once maxed 3 primed mod wen they just come out... i posted  almost entire week to sell it.. and one moring i just log in posted in trade  wish to sell that 3 primed mod guy pm me and tell me he wish all 3 mod..i lower little price and both sides happy...

7 hours ago, cactusjelly said:

so i've stopped warframe-ing for a while and when i came back last week, i could not sell anything in the trade chat. like, people buy energy xiphon but not a loki prime bp?Can anyone tell me how i could get other players to buy my shi- stuffs?p.s. in the end i just sold my prime parts and stuffs for ducats. =3

Reveal hidden contents

or tell me to be patient

Reveal hidden contents

wait. i dont need ducats. what have i done?

LOL.  I'm not the greatest person at trading, but I learned a few things:

1)  Prices.  People will be looking for the best deal on the trade chat.  Your goal is to sell your item at a "reasonable" price.  Look around on the trade chat for other people selling your item and note the price range.  You can either sell your item at the average price, or sell it slightly lower than the average price.

2)  Presentation.  Your ad needs to clear.  Your ad should not look like this: "wts loki prime bp 100 plat."  Yes, you can still sell your items by presenting that way, but you will catch people's attention by writing your sentence out and using proper punctuation and capitalization- "I want to sell my Loki Prime Blueprint for 100 platinum."  I don't know how the trade chat looks on the PC, but on the Xbox, it's horrific.  When I present my ad this way, it sticks out amongst the mess of letters.  Plus, actually caring about how your write out your ad makes you seem like you know what you are doing.

3) Patience and persistence.  Don't go spamming your ad on the trade chat, but after a period of time, rewrite your ad and repost it. 

Also, try using the trading section of the forums to post your ad.  You won't find as many buyers, but from time to time, someone will be interested.

Edited by (XB1)GeckoGenesis

4 hours ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

LOL.  I'm not the greatest person at trading, but I learned a few things:

1)  Prices.  People will be looking for the best deal on the trade chat.  Your goal is to sell your item at a "reasonable" price.  Look around on the trade chat for other people selling your item and note the price range.  You can either sell your item at the average price, or sell it slightly lower than the average price.

2)  Presentation.  Your ad needs to clear.  Your ad should not look like this: "wts loki prime bp 100 plat."  Yes, you can still sell your items by presenting that way, but you will catch people's attention by writing your sentence out and using proper punctuation and capitalization- "I want to sell my Loki Prime Blueprint for 100 platinum."  I don't know how the trade chat looks on the PC, but on the Xbox, it's horrific.  When I present my ad this way, it sticks out amongst the mess of letters.  Plus, actually caring about how your write out your ad makes you seem like you know what you are doing.

3) Patience and persistence.  Don't go spamming your ad on the trade chat, but after a period of time, rewrite your ad and repost it. 

Also, try using the trading section of the forums to post your ad.  You won't find as many buyers, but from time to time, someone will be interested.

If Xbox ended up anything like PS4 trade tab, when we got the relic system, the market crashed.  Plus the fact that a few new games came out or got DLC and all the casual players are stopped playing for now, it makes for very low prices and very hard to sell anything.  I see someone the other day selling a maxed primed continuity for 125P.  The market is a lot different then it was 6 months ago.  I spent a lot of time in trading and I have never seen it this bad.  Its a buyers market right now on PS4.

The trading is like a market where you're competing against other sellers, so when you offer a gear, ask yourself what makes your price or prime gear better than theirs, this reveals around adding few more prime gear as a bundle or a discount offer to sellers.

For example:

WTS [Loki Prime] blueprint for 40p with multi shot mod

Augmenting your merchantise for other players to buy can give you hole to sell more in the future. 

With this strategy I sold the following for 300p.

Dakra prime set

Mag prime set

Orthos prime set

All these 3 for 300p.