The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Elevator Lag?

CapricaSix

Not really sure where to post this honestly, our host was lagging and we'd have a hard time getting through doors, especially the lift door, then this happened:

O3VrYaY.jpg

The lift was kind of stuck halfway through when we entered as you can see and it wouldn't move at all unless host used it. That Mag on right hung in the air for quite some time, still not as bad as doors permanently shutting down I guess. Didn't have much of an issue for the rest of the mission aside from this, only doors opening 2-3 seconds after and such.

The lift was kind of stuck halfway through when we entered as you can see and it wouldn't move at all unless host used it. That Mag on right hung in the air for quite some time, still not as bad as doors permanently shutting down I guess. Didn't have much of an issue for the rest of the mission aside from this, only doors opening 2-3 seconds after and such.

Hi CapricaSix,

It does look like the host's connection could be the cause of these issues. Did you happen to be playing with someone you knew or was this just a random public match?

You can prevent poor connections from being an issue in the future by going to your GamePlay Settings Menu and setting the Matchmaking Ping Limit to anything other than "No Limit" -- ideally 100. This should place you in random matches with hosts who have much more stable connections.

Hi CapricaSix,

It does look like the host's connection could be the cause of these issues. Did you happen to be playing with someone you knew or was this just a random public match?

You can prevent poor connections from being an issue in the future by going to your GamePlay Settings Menu and setting the Matchmaking Ping Limit to anything other than "No Limit" -- ideally 100. This should place you in random matches with hosts who have much more stable connections.

Thanks for the tip DE_Dmitri!

Hi CapricaSix,

It was a random public match and my ping limit is at 150 yet I seem to be connecting to people with latency that feels more than 500-600ms.