Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A more unique way of prime acquisition

Sar.K.Asmus

Prime Warframes and prime weapons are something special in Warframe. Many players are farming prime parts or buying Prime Access.
But prime acquisition is not really interesting or unique. You are doing normal mission types and you are collecting reactants by killing corrupted enemies that are spawning randomly and dropping reactants.  

I thought about a unique and more interesting prime acquisition method.

Void 3.0

1. Void Sabotage type of mission on a random planet (Relic Alerts like in Void 2.0)
2. You have to find a void portal in the mission (waypoint on the minimap)
3. Open the portal by using a relic (void key)
4. Go through the portal
5. Now you are in a void tower (of course there are corrupted enemies inside. You are not alone.)
6. Lotus transmission: "There are 2 cryopods with warframes inside. Find them."
7. Find a big room with a cryopod in the middle (A prime warframe inside) (arena type of room) (no waypoint)
8. Interact with the cryopod
9. After interaction the door is locked (noone can get in or get out)
10. Lotus transmission: "Be careful, it's not an ally. He will try to kill you."
11. A specter (Prime Warframe) appears with primed weapons
12. You have to defeat him (door is unlocked after defeating specter, or after all players inside died and don't have any revives left))
13. After defeating both specters you have to go back through the portal and then extract.
- Specters lvl based on the Tier (Lith, Meso, Neo, Axi) and based on the amount of group members (bigger group = higher lvl)

There are 2 Options (Both specters are identical):
1. Find both rooms and kill both prime specters simultaneousley by splitting up (you have to start the fight simultaneousley (within 10 seconds), not killing them at the same time)
2. Fight against the first specter, then fight against the second specter.
2.1 After defeating the first specter the second one gets a guaranteed health, armor, shield and damage buff + a random buff.

Random Buffs:
1. Specter gets highly increased status chance
2. Specter gets increased speed and a freezing aura which slows everyone in 5 meter radius
3. Specter gets an increased fire rate and attack speed

Rewards:
- Rewards are based on the prime specter you fight and the prime weapons they are using.
- For example if you fought Rhino Prime who used Burston Prime and Orthos Prime you can get either a Rhino Prime part
 or a Burston Prime part or a Orthos Prime part or Forma. You can still choose a reward if you are not playing solo like in Void 2.0.
- The Prime Warframe and the weapons are set (they can only have 2 weapons: a primary and a secondary; a primary and a melee; a secondary and a melee). That means for example by using a "Lith R" relic (void key) you always have to fight Rhino Prime who is using a Burston Prime and a Orthos Prime.
- Every group member needs a relic (void key) (consumed after extraction)
- You are still getting void traces at the end so that you can refine your relics (void keys)

I think this would make prime acquisition more unique and interesting (challenging?).

I love this idea. It makes the farm for primes more engaging and challenging, focuses on teamwork, and allows us to get the parts we need in a more specific way while still having a bit of RNG. This way if people want to farm say Nova prime, they will eventually get the part they're looking for since the drop tables from the specters will have just the two weapons and the prime warframe parts themselves. I hope de implements this

So instead of variety of mission types, or prime related reasons to stay in endless (fissure missions) you want to run overglorified boss fights over and over again? If these "Prime specters" are anything like the junction specters, the fights will just be a joke anyway. I can't say I see this as an improvement, just something different. 

Edited by (XB1)Archibald Jax
Typo

6 hours ago, (XB1)Archibald Jax said:

So instead of variety of mission types, or prime related reasons to stay in endless (fissure missions) you want to run overglorified boss fights over and over again? If these "Prime specters" are anything like the junction specters, the fights will just be a joke anyway. I can't say I see this as an improvement, just something different. 

There is no variety in Void 2.0. Unless you are 100% determined for 1 part, you just run capture spy or exterminate. Why do a MD when you can do 2-3 captures in that time?

It's a unique idea. I like it, but I feel like there needs to be a reason for it, and the Prime Warframes would need to have serious buffs/ an advantage of some sort that the Junction Specters don't have, in order to make the fight an interesting one. Perhaps the Prime can be tied to the planet it's found on? Just a thought.