Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Volt Melee Build

aligatorno

Question

Hello. I just got Volt Prime today and decided after a few tests to build him for a very fast melee gameplay, because I love doing it with my Warcry Valkyr.

This is the build that I put together for the moment. 

warframe_2016_10_04_00_16_09_01_by_skyri

I have Vitality + Quick Thinking + Rage + Life Strike on my weapon for survivability and constant energy regeneration. R6 Primed Flow for a decent energy pool, allowing me to use his 4 without worry and providing further survivability. Transient Fortitude  and Blind Rage [199 str] for a 2.0 speed increase, Narrow Minded for some duration, getting 14.94 seconds on his 2, and Streamline to balance Blind Rage. 

I tested this only in the simulacrum against some level 90 enemies from all factions and it faired pretty well, but I think there's still room for improvement. QT is a necessity on high level missions since it can save my a$$ rather well, but on lower level missions I was thinking of replacing it with something else, but I don't know with what.  I usually use his 4 for some CC in crowded areas. 

Any feedback is welcome :D

Edited by aligatorno

4 answers to this question

Id say constution. or (primed) continuity in there somewhere. Power drift isnt bad then for eximus. Either that or Coaction Drift. If going with the Rage/Quick Thinking, then id deffinately level it up as well as the Primed Flow. Im pretty sure you just havent yet because of the mod points. Looks like a Vazarin Forma could be in the works ;-). 

EDIT: then if you werent going for rage/quick thinking, id remove them, and probably wouldnt even run flow. Make some space then for extra strenght and duration. Then with the extra space pehaps Reflex Guard, or to really make people say "wtf" a Reflection 

I have been playing volt a good bit lately myself. He can deffinately be baddd asss melee. 

Edited by CCamp88

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

I think there's still room for improvement

Quite definitely and easily so, a couple forma is needed of course, but I'm going to assume you realize that.  Also the fact that maxing out a few of your mods will make it a lot better.  Constitution and Continuity to get duration higher is definitely needed if you want speed to last a while.  Narrow minded is usually a last resort not the only duration mod in a build.

Although power strength increases attack speed from the buff I don't really see it as something demanding blind rage to increase.  transient fort, intensify and power drift can do quite a bit in the area.

I wouldn't really recommend rage, volt doesn't have much in armor, especially in high levels it could be tricky.  Yeah you could use life strike or health discs but personally I'd rather use energy pizzas to fill up quickly rather than take chances with getting hit.  Volt is all about avoiding damage after all not taking the hits.

Exilus adapter and a couple forma make a huge difference, I realize you just got volt so probably haven't had time to do so, just pointing out the obvious, I guess.

Another decent thing that could be used though if you want to improve his survivability is Health Conversion. Nice because it adds 450, 900 or 1350 armor based on its stacks. Good because it adds the set amount, rather than a percentage, making even frames with low base armor tankyish.   But yeah, i would replace narrowminded with constitution or primed (continuity). Especially so you could get some range back on your 4, which is one of the best CC's in the game, especially with a duration build

Edited by CCamp88