Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best weapons for Volt Prime

Zorra_Fox

Question

I finally started crafting the chassis and systems for Volt Prime (only cost me 30 plat for all the blueprints!).

What weapons should I start crafting so my volt prime is ready for battle.

What I have right now:

Excalibur starters: Skana, Mk1-Paris, and Lato.

Galentine

Boltor

Thanks for your time :)

Edited by Zorra_Fox

8 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Zorra_Fox said:

So... would by boltor and galentine be OK? Or what should I craft (I'm at mastery 3, almost at 4).

Right now it would prolly be best to find weapons you like and just use his shield as a bunker to protect objectives or yourself.

Just keep in mind for later that it greatly improves the damage of a crit weapon. Generally a weapon needs at least 15% crit chance and x2.0 multiplier to be crit viable. Secondary weapons can be 10% crit chance but it requires Primed crit mods, which would be later in your progression.

Honestly at this point I just use whatever weapon I have equipped at the time for Volt instead of maximizing synergy between his powers and weapons.  With that said, I do like pairing electric (Amprex) and/or crit weapons that you can shoot through his Electric Shield for more crit damage.  For melee I enjoy using his Speed with weapons that have high crit chance (with Berserker mod equipped) and/or weapons (Orthos, Atterax, etc.) that have long reach because gotta go fast and hit as many enemies as possible at once.  His Speed makes slow weapons a lot more tolerable for me so I tend to use hammers and dual wield swords more when I use Volt.  

I do recommend that if you end up making a melee Volt, get his Stunning Speed augment.

17 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Volt's shield doubles crit damage of weapons that shoot through it.

So generally any Crit based weapon is ideal for Volt.

So... would my boltor and galentine be OK? Or what should I craft (I'm at mastery 3, almost at 4).

I'm looking for a new secondary too.

Edited by Zorra_Fox

9 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

Honestly at this point I just use whatever weapon I have equipped at the time for Volt instead of maximizing synergy between his powers and weapons.  With that said, I do like pairing electric (Amprex) and/or crit weapons that you can shoot through his Electric Shield for more crit damage.  For melee I enjoy using his Speed with weapons that have high crit chance (with Berserker mod equipped) and/or weapons (Orthos, Atterax, etc.) that have long reach because gotta go fast and hit as many enemies as possible at once.  His Speed makes slow weapons a lot more tolerable for me so I tend to use hammers and dual wield swords more when I use Volt.  

I do recommend that if you end up making a melee Volt, get his Stunning Speed augment.

Ok thanks :)

You're far too early in the game to be worrying about the best weapons for anything, to be honest. You should be cycling through the the early tier weapons so you can get your Mastery Rank up and stockpile a collection of mods. Worrying about getting the 'best' weapons just means you clog up your probably very limited weapon slots with weapons you're trying to hold onto.

That being said...

Ideal weapons for Volt are long range, accurate, crit based weapons such as bows or sniper rifles. This is due to Electric Shield increasing crit damage and encouraging you to stay in one area, and Discharge keeping enemies still for easy headshots.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OniGanon said:

You're far too early in the game to be worrying about the best weapons for anything, to be honest. You should be cycling through the the early tier weapons so you can get your Mastery Rank up and stockpile a collection of mods. Worrying about getting the 'best' weapons just means you clog up your probably very limited weapon slots with weapons you're trying to hold onto.

That being said...

Ideal weapons for Volt are long range, accurate, crit based weapons such as bows or sniper rifles. This is due to Electric Shield increasing crit damage and encouraging you to stay in one area, and Discharge keeping enemies still for easy headshots.

Ok, Thanks.