Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Dream Patch Notes for the Dojo

Avereth

This is basically a huge list of the things I feel would make the dojo system far better than it is in its current condition.  If even a few of these things eventually get into the game I will be quite pleased!  I've tried to categorize them as best I can, or failing that into a category they mainly represented.

Dojo Improvements

The player experience in the dojo is in need of improvement and the dojo needs to be a more accessible, core component of the game, eventually serving to act as important as a relay in player day to day interactions.  It also needs to be a part of the New Player Experience.  Belonging to a clan or having your own personal dojo increases the liklihood a player will be retained and feel attached to the game.  A more interactive, lively dojo also makes the player feel less alone, or gives them a place to actually socialize.  The idea would be that the player is gradually encouraged to make a shift from always being in their landing craft to often spending time in the dojo as well.

The New Player Experience

• The New Player Experience will guide a player to make a dojo or join a clan
  • A Clan Key will be awarded as part of this quest, or have its build time drastically reduced
  • Forma costs of certain rooms will be removed to ensure a new player can access the most important dojo functions.  The Oracle, Clan Vault, and all research labs except for the Orokin Lab will no longer require a forma to craft.  
  • As part of the quest, Lotus will put one or two forma into the player's newly made Clan Vault so that they can make their first hallway or two in order to facilitate early clan development.  These forma can only be added by the Lotus one time to a given clan, not by multiple players.

General Dojo Improvements

• A player with access rights can now interact with decorations in the dojo without needing to open a menu to do so.
  • Decorations can now be moved after being built
  • decorations now have a snap movement system that can be toggled, as well as the ability to snap to angles during rotation, and also snap to scaling percentages.
  • rooms can now be deleted as long as the adjacent rooms still connect to another room
  • Clan Halls are now not dependent on a lower tier hall to be constructed as long as all halls have been made at least once before.
  • music can now be selected in each dojo room, look for the option in the room's console.
  • room decoration capacity increased in many rooms as players could not customize many rooms much at all
  • players with low end systems can opt to not show dojo decorations, easing system performance in dojos
  • Dojo lighting has been tweaked so that everything doesn't seem so gloomy
  • the viewing port can now be opened any time in the Orokin Lab
  • The Observatory can now be used to access missions 
  • ship decorations can now also be placed within dojos
  • dojos can now be moved on the Starchart.  Pick out your favorite view in the vastness of space!
  • Baro Ki'Teer will now offer Ducat Kiosk terminals for sale to place into the Dojo in addition to new decorations.
  • Darvo can never pass up an opportunity for profit, and will offer a terminal that can be used to access his sales from the dojo.
  • a new terminal is now accessible in the Orokin Lab that allows for research involving Companions.  Look for it next to the floating kubrow.
  • additional pigments can now be researched in the Tenno Lab.
  • Many Corpus and Grineer themed decorations have been added!

New Rooms

• A landing area can be constructed where players will enter the dojo from
  • Different statues of Warframes can be placed in the Hall of Honor.  Unlock them by mastering your Warframes!
  • There will be a room where your living companions can play and interact
  • A new syndicate hub room has been added that is used to contribute syndicate reputation towards various new syndicate rewards for use in the dojo.  Think of it like the Oracle is a hub for the reasearch labs, but interactive.

Reputation Perks

• Music for your dojo can now be purchased with reputation contributions from dojo members to each syndicate!  Customize the mood of every room of your dojo!
  • Cephalon Simaris will offer a new room blueprint to his most seasoned hunters which allows players to interact with him  and access his functions within the dojo
  • NPCs for your dojo can be purchased with reputation contributions to the syndicates.  These NPCs only serve to liven up your dojo, and can be assigned patrol routes and poses if idle within the room they are placed.
  • room blueprints for each syndicate can be purchased by contributing reputation towards a particular syndicate.  Such dedicated Tenno will be allowed to house syndicate representatives within their dojo who offer the same services found in relays.
  • Teshin now offers a room blueprint that can be used to construct a Conclave room in the dojo.  This room can be configured to shift between several different configurations for use in 1v1, 2v2, Cephalon Capture, and Lunaro!

Dojo Quests/Events

• Rarely, an invasion event may occur in the dojo.  Push out the invading Corpus, Grineer, or Infested to gain rewards!  Just be careful if you go alone, because there is an increased chance of assassins spawning!  This event will be larger if the dojo has more rooms.  This event can be accessed by selecting the dojo on the Starchart and selecting the Invasion option.
  • A player with the appropriate access level can set targets for players to kill.  If a clan member kills the selected enemy, there is a chance it will drop a Clan Cache containing an assortment of random resources that are contributed directly to the Clan Vault.
  • There will be an Archwing specific event where you must fly around outside of your dojo(it will look like the Starchart dojo) and defend it from attacking Corpus, Grineer, or even Infested units.  You will even be able to configure dojo defenses such as turrets and sentinel defenses from the Orokin Lab!  Look out for new archwing boss units towards the end as Vay Hek, Nef Anyo, and the Shard of Jordas are out for vengeance!
Edited by Avereth

i like your ideas, though I highly doubt DE will ever bother to look at dojos anytime soon. Despite multiple threads made about it, they've all been shot down by DE. This is a common trend anymore. Look at the frames who direly need a rework like Zephyr or Hydroid. These frames are outdated and pretty much useless anymore. But DE refuses to look at them. The dojo needs to be looked at asap, but it will get shoved aside for more lame niche warframes and grind walls on top of grind walls.

Edited by Eminem2420

5 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

i like your ideas, though I highly doubt DE will ever bother to look at dojos anytime soon. Despite multiple threads made about it, they've all been shot down by DE. This is a common trend anymore. Look at the frames who direly need a rework like Zephyr or Hydroid. These frames are outdated and pretty much useless anymore. But DE refuses to look at them. The dojo needs to be looked at asap, but it will get shoved aside for more lame niche warframes and grind walls on top of grind walls.

Well to be fair, they do have a lot of more important stuff on their plates to work on and I can easily see why they haven't done anything major to dojos for a while.  However if they could find the time to make a who new pvp mode then I am confident that they will reassess dojos down the line too, especially after they already hinted at a music box concept, which while interesting may not be as idea as simply using room interface consoles to set it more directly without using up room capacity.  Room specific music is certainly possible with it already occurring in relays.

I would expect more hints of dojo attention won't come until some point after TWW and the relevant bug fixes that will come with that..

Preach it, brother.

Seriously, Warframe is in dire need of a rework to it's social aspects. This may be an unpopular opinion, but online games gain life when people make connections. Staring at an empty Liset, probing the chat function only in a direct, to-get-what-I-want manner, isn't helping. Just being able to see people, use the emotes we have been sitting on, and pushing for something beyond basic communication would really help.

I'm not just talking about help us, but help the game. I have attempted to get 4 friends to play Warframe. 3/4 dropped out almost instantly. I can't help but directly correlate this to the fact that, if I'm not playing with them, there's no reason for them to log in at all. They're alone. That's got to change, this game has to grow. I love the gameplay to death and the build customization (along with the far-reaching power ceiling) keeps me in the game. Most other people will never even reach that point because there's a hell of a wall of grind-based requirements just to get to basic, self-sufficient functions in the game. Top that with an extremely alienating social experience, and voila. You've got a Great Wall of Warframe.

So, yeah. Drop the gameplay updates for a little bit. It's important, but not as important as getting the game afloat with people who want to stick around. Dojo functionalities such as this would be one HUGE step forward.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...