Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

make the (Carrier or Sentinels) looting range 12m AGAIN

-BKB-SamuarJoe

4 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

I just tested a maxed out Ammo Case. It matched a rank 3 Rifle Ammo Mutation in conversion rate. In many cases that should be enough, depending on weapon of course.

i a real life firefight where you are not getting 12.5m of ammo sucked from teammate kills etc, or solo in the simulacrum? With a 4 man sqaud in defense i noticed a large drop off in ammo without a mutation when playing as if my carrier was the old carrier (not paying attention to picking up ammo drops). When played that way I'd much rather have the mutation and the old carrier than the new carrier and no mutation.

Of course i always ran with full mutations because i have so many extra forma why not.

46 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

I can't say that I am DE but it seems pretty obvious that "work out alternative to issue" and "don't just revert change completely and without personal thought after barely any time in action" are decent practices to uphold.

I remember when the Vaykor Hek was released, there was a lot of rage there as well because it didn't appear to have as much damage as the normal Hek. The devs could have buffed the Vaykor right there based solely on community rage, but after a while people got used to the weapon and even discovered ways to make it better than the original. DE believes that its changes are viable for reasons that could be perfectly valid, and it doesn't have to bend to the community just because they got a lot of shallow yelling about it.

there is no way to mod vacuum or change your playstyle to make a 6m vac better or equal to a 12.5m vac. This is not a case of use it and see. We've seen. When they announced this you just had to use unlevelled vac to see a 7m range. IT's awful. 6m is worse.

3 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

i a real life firefight where you are not getting 12.5m of ammo sucked from teammate kills etc, or solo in the simulacrum? With a 4 man sqaud in defense i noticed a large drop off in ammo without a mutation when playing as if my carrier was the old carrier (not paying attention to picking up ammo drops). When played that way I'd much rather have the mutation and the old carrier than the new carrier and no mutation.

Of course i always ran with full mutations because i have so many extra forma why not.

"Real firefight"... Just using 1 gun as a one trick pony doesn't really make it a real fight because you are not forced out of your comfort zone and required to use other options available to you.

Edit: For example, if you got blind available then you got stealth finisher melee damage which ignores armor and shields, makes you immune to damage during the animation and does a ton of damage, enough to one-shot most mobs with the right weapon. You can even do it as a frontal attack. If you can always just rely on your main weapon even when you got that option then the challenge is low.

Edited by Golmihr