Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

make the (Carrier or Sentinels) looting range 12m AGAIN

-BKB-SamuarJoe

as the title above stated
really DE? you nerf half the range loot?

loot ain't picking up even i'm infront of them literally you have to get near them around 4m (tested idk why 4m? even though the suck within say 6m)

worse change ever -_-

and this is the first time i ever complain about, even with humungus amount of DCed or bug or even, can even pick a damn loot in some cases, i still never complain to that but nerfing loot range? really? why i even made a CARRIER PRIME in the 1st place? increase ammo cap and ammo % pickup? really? i even installed ammo mutation in every weapon is should not be a freaking problem, and how to cope if we got around 10s to extract to pick ALL THE LOOT WE KILLED in lets say interception, defence or survival? we might miss around 5-10k worth of loot there

Just remember there are two types of "vacuum".

Frontal cone and peripheral.
It's reasonable to assume 6m is the peripheral, frontal cone is usually less as you're looking at it and/or targeting it - which may explain if it seems less than 6m.

I'd like to see peripheral increased to 8m, frontal cone increased to 6m. Which is perfectly reasonable imo.

Yes it's ok to complain, but if we found a way to weaponise vacuum complaint threads then we'd have the power to take down a Fomorian in seconds. It's time to stop making these threads. At this point anything anyone would want to say has already been said many times over.

1 minute ago, YUNoJump said:

Yes it's ok to complain, but if we found a way to weaponise vacuum complaint threads then we'd have the power to take down a Fomorian in seconds. It's time to stop making these threads. At this point anything anyone would want to say has already been said many times over.

oddly enough, despite our arms race to shove a point into DE's thick skull, nothing has come out of it.

All we have was a knee slapper buff from 5m to 6m and the ever dismissive "believe us, we care about your feedback, we just won't do anything about it".

Pretty good evidence that what we have isn't enough.

2 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I have my first amendment, and I will not hold back on using it!

Your constitution has no power here.

2 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Yes it's ok to complain, but if we found a way to weaponise vacuum complaint threads then we'd have the power to take down a Fomorian in seconds. 

That's because people don't like it. We don't complain. If we don't speak about it, it's not gonna be fixed. There's a lot of people who troll on the forums and ridicule people for speaking up. The only way to prevent it is to stand strong.

Don't hate on the Carrier changes without first testing out the new ammo feature. If you use use ammo mutation on your guns this may just free up a weapon mod slot and act as a DPS increase. Personally I think I'll be sticking with Carrier.

Edited by Golmihr

15 minutes ago, Gritzan said:

oddly enough, despite our arms race to shove a point into DE's thick skull, nothing has come out of it.

All we have was a knee slapper buff from 5m to 6m and the ever dismissive "believe us, we care about your feedback, we just won't do anything about it".

Pretty good evidence that what we have isn't enough.

It's been less than half a day since the update launched, they haven't even had the time to implement any sort of actual change. They probably reduced the range for a specific reason other than "nerfs lol" so they're probably brainstorming better alternatives to the flat decrease at the moment.

Even if there is a massive amount of outcry, DE can't just revert the change after half a day of complaining, a lot of people wouldn't even bother to put their opinion forward after only that much time. They're no doubt waiting to see if people calm down, or if less vocal people speak up to approve of the changes. 

What I'm saying is, give them time. They're working on it.

Just now, YUNoJump said:

It's been less than half a day since the update launched, they haven't even had the time to implement any sort of actual change. They probably reduced the range for a specific reason other than "nerfs lol" so they're probably brainstorming better alternatives to the flat decrease at the moment.

Even if there is a massive amount of outcry, DE can't just revert the change after half a day of complaining, a lot of people wouldn't even bother to put their opinion forward after only that much time. They're no doubt waiting to see if people calm down, or if less vocal people speak up to approve of the changes. 

What I'm saying is, give them time. They're working on it.

You seem to know an awful lot about DE's course of action based on absolutely nothing. "Waiting to see if people calm down", really? In other words, that means "waiting to see if people give up on complaining and continue to suck it up".

This half a day of the forums being almost solely a maelstrom of complaints about how mind numbingly stupid this change is led to

5->6

Which shows how much they're willing to budge on their original, god given vision of how this is supposed to work.

There's another point, though.  There's no need to brainstorm anything. The correct answer is obvious to anyone that cares and isn't being contrarian to get some quotations. That correct answer was obvious before Steve said anything yesterday, and it's pretty clear they ignored that completely in favor of doing some smoke and mirrors with the final objective of nerfing vacuum.

Until they get their heads out of their posteriors, the only thing to do is voice our complaints here. I have very little hope of this, but maybe, just maybe, they will stop being so god damn stubborn and just do the logical thing that would make 89% of the player base happy.

Probably won't happen, because the only time they have any humility to show is when they have to delay an update another month.

23 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

Don't hate on the Carrier changes without first testing out the new ammo feature. If you use use ammo mutation on your guns this may just free up a weapon mod slot and act as a DPS increase. Personally I think I'll be sticking with Carrier.

But it doesn't really.... you still seem to need the ammo mutation on the gun. Factor in that carrier no longer sucks iin ammo from 88% of the volume it used to.

7 minutes ago, Gritzan said:

You seem to know an awful lot about DE's course of action based on absolutely nothing. "Waiting to see if people calm down", really? In other words, that means "waiting to see if people give up on complaining and continue to suck it up".

I can't say that I am DE but it seems pretty obvious that "work out alternative to issue" and "don't just revert change completely and without personal thought after barely any time in action" are decent practices to uphold.

I remember when the Vaykor Hek was released, there was a lot of rage there as well because it didn't appear to have as much damage as the normal Hek. The devs could have buffed the Vaykor right there based solely on community rage, but after a while people got used to the weapon and even discovered ways to make it better than the original. DE believes that its changes are viable for reasons that could be perfectly valid, and it doesn't have to bend to the community just because they got a lot of shallow yelling about it.

Just now, YUNoJump said:

I can't say that I am DE but it seems pretty obvious that "work out alternative to issue" and "don't just revert change completely and without personal thought after barely any time in action" are decent practices to uphold.

I remember when the Vaykor Hek was released, there was a lot of rage there as well because it didn't appear to have as much damage as the normal Hek. The devs could have buffed the Vaykor right there based solely on community rage, but after a while people got used to the weapon and even discovered ways to make it better than the original. DE believes that its changes are viable for reasons that could be perfectly valid, and it doesn't have to bend to the community just because they got a lot of shallow yelling about it.

A weapon being trash(or not) cannot be compared to a convenience mechanic used by 89% of players being gutted in the guise of a buff.

Just now, Gritzan said:

A weapon being trash(or not) cannot be compared to a convenience mechanic used by 89% of players being gutted in the guise of a buff.

Syndicate weapons are designed to be relatively hard to get and be upgraded, or at least just-as-good versions of the original. If the Vaykor Hek had actually been worse than the normal Hek then there would be no reason for SM players to get it, and it wouldn't be fair on them if other syndicate players got valid weapons. It was a valid argument to make, as is the vacuum argument, until people see the underlying reasons for the change.

People learned how to make the Vaykor better, and people may learn the purpose of the decreased range. The main reason I see is that vacuum doesn't cost any mod slots or power now, so it shouldn't be just as useful as when it did cost that. Also, making vacuum stay as powerful as before would just make players shift from only using Carrier over everything else, to only using Sentinels over all other Pets. Not really a fix for the OP issue in that case.

Just now, YUNoJump said:

and people may learn the purpose of the decreased range.

So we have two options.

1)This is an intricate puzzle designed by DE to challenge the meaning of game design and lead their player base into a quest for self discovery and refinement of spirit, understanding the purpose and meaning behind changing a globally used tool.

2)This is a nerf.

3 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Syndicate weapons are designed to be relatively hard to get and be upgraded, or at least just-as-good versions of the original. If the Vaykor Hek had actually been worse than the normal Hek then there would be no reason for SM players to get it, and it wouldn't be fair on them if other syndicate players got valid weapons. It was a valid argument to make, as is the vacuum argument, until people see the underlying reasons for the change.

People learned how to make the Vaykor better, and people may learn the purpose of the decreased range. The main reason I see is that vacuum doesn't cost any mod slots or power now, so it shouldn't be just as useful as when it did cost that. Also, making vacuum stay as powerful as before would just make players shift from only using Carrier over everything else, to only using Sentinels over all other Pets. Not really a fix for the OP issue in that case.

Right now, the 'purpose' of decreased vacuum range feels like 'to force me to stop and run towards every piece of loot, just as though I didn't have vacuum.'

I hope you'll forgive me for being really unhappy about that. I had a very nice system for efficiently hunting all sorts of items: ayatan sculptures, stars, syndicate tokens, rare containers... and it has been very roughly busted up by this vacuum change.

Beyond that, though, my play experience feels really bad now. Naturally, I'm sad.

35 minutes ago, Gritzan said:

This half a day of the forums being almost solely a maelstrom of complaints about how mind numbingly stupid this change is led to

Which shows how much they're willing to budge on their original, god given vision of how this is supposed to work.

There's another point, though.  There's no need to brainstorm anything. The correct answer is obvious to anyone that cares and isn't being contrarian to get some quotations. That correct answer was obvious before Steve said anything yesterday, and it's pretty clear they ignored that completely in favor of doing some smoke and mirrors with the final objective of nerfing vacuum.

Until they get their heads out of their posteriors, the only thing to do is voice our complaints here. I have very little hope of this, but maybe, just maybe, they will stop being so god damn stubborn and just do the logical thing that would make 89% of the player base happy.

Probably won't happen, because the only time they have any humility to show is when they have to delay an update another month.

ditto

43 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

But it doesn't really.... you still seem to need the ammo mutation on the gun. Factor in that carrier no longer sucks iin ammo from 88% of the volume it used to.

I just tested a maxed out Ammo Case. It matched a rank 3 Rifle Ammo Mutation in conversion rate. In many cases that should be enough, depending on weapon of course.