Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid or standard Heliocor?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

In the last TA, I found myself using (for the first time after I maxed them) a Heliocor and I really couldn't chose one between the standard and Synoid version.

Let's say I will only use the weapon for scanning purposes, so I need it to kill as fast as possible; I couln't care less about the spectres summoned with the Synoid and I'm not really a channeling lover, but it seems faster than the normal Heliocor, which has a higher crit chance tho.

What would you suggest if you had to pick one of the two with the only goal being scanning as fast as possible?

10 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

In the last TA, I found myself using (for the first time after I maxed them) a Heliocor and I really couldn't chose one between the standard and Synoid version.

Let's say I will only use the weapon for scanning purposes, so I need it to kill as fast as possible; I couln't care less about the spectres summoned with the Synoid and I'm not really a channeling lover, but it seems faster than the normal Heliocor, which has a higher crit chance tho.

What would you suggest if you had to pick one of the two with the only goal being scanning as fast as possible?

you can take the synoid helicor. It´s looks better and it´s way stronger than the standard version of the weapon. I have one synoid weapon and it´s alot of stronger and more efectiver against enemies

4 minutes ago, Mario458 said:

you can take the synoid helicor. It´s looks better and it´s way stronger than the standard version of the weapon. I have one synoid weapon and it´s alot of stronger and more efectiver against enemies

But how make it stronger? The damage is lower as well as the crit chance; sure, it's faster, but is that enough?

Just use the scanner sentinel, Helios, it scans EVERYTHING!!!!!! it's the best scanner.

Synoid helicor is actually stronger than helicor if you use channeling, but if you don't, helicor is stronger

Most people forget that the Synoid helicor is a channeling weapon so they call it a nerfed helicor. Well, if you don't channel a channeling weapon, it's going to suck :D!

14 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

Just use the scanner sentinel, Helios, it scans EVERYTHING!!!!!! it's the best scanner.

Synoid helicor is actually stronger than helicor if you use channeling, but if you don't, helicor is stronger

Most people forget that the Synoid helicor is a channeling weapon so they call it a nerfed helicor. Well, if you don't channel a channeling weapon, it's going to suck :D!

I absolutely use Helios, it's my main Sentinel.

It's just that in the last TA there were so many enemies to scan and I wanted to make sure to get them all, so I was running solo with Helios, scanner equipped and Heliocor for killing to have the max scanning power as possible!