Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which weapons should I look out for?

crzyxlouie_

Question

Right now I'm Mastery Rank 4, and I have access to Saturn. I've been using the Braton this entire time, because it's got 60% serration and 90% toxin, which has done a lot for me. But it's getting old using the same weapon over and over again. Are there any interesting weapons that I should farm? I only need the chassis for the Miter, and I just need 4 more neurodes for the Hek.

18 answers to this question

all of this are in ur mastery rank, but if you reach mastery rank 5 you have the Tonkor 

Remember, guns/melee are good if u put formas, in my personal opinion, all guns/melee are good some need more formas than others.

Primary

Ignis  Paris Prime  Quanta   Tigris  Torid •   Mutalist Quanta

Secondary

Hikou Prime 

Melee

Nikana- Scindo Prime

Edited by (PS4)AleDiorio

My advice for all low mastery rank players is "take the zhuge", it's a MR 0 weapon that is top tier (or very close to it) thanks to its puncture damage & crit chance & decent firing speed.

It's just lame to get because of the nitain + argon + cryotic but it's possible to obtain it quite fast.

Just now, Trichouette said:

My advice for all low mastery rank players is "take the zhuge", it's a MR 0 weapon that is top tier (or very close to it) thanks to its puncture damage & crit chance & decent firing speed.

It's just lame to get because of the nitain + argon + cryotic but it's possible to obtain it quite fast.

Zhuge is an amazing weapon.

Just now, Trichouette said:

Which is why I recommend it to EVERY new player / low MR, it's amazing and (as I said) top tier (to me at least) :D

I've tossed a forma on it already. There aren't many weapons I'd keep, but Zhuge and Dex Sybaris are on that list.

10 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I looked at it once, but the Nitain threw me away from it. I can look out for alerts though. Argon crystals aren't really a problem. I'll try to get that, thanks

50 minutes ago, crzyxlouie_ said:

Right now I'm Mastery Rank 4, and I have access to Saturn. I've been using the Braton this entire time, because it's got 60% serration and 90% toxin, which has done a lot for me. But it's getting old using the same weapon over and over again. Are there any interesting weapons that I should farm? I only need the chassis for the Miter, and I just need 4 more neurodes for the Hek.

If you're into Bows, like I am. Get Dread, it's amazing.

I'm MR 10 right now, a past relic from 2014 who plays on and off at present. Some stuff I'd like to mention.

If you're still starting out, it would be better to build whatever weapon is easy to at the moment. Weapons that cost common resources. Because you will need the mastery points from these weapons to move up in rank. Each weapon only gives mastery once, so repeated upgrades of one weapon with Forma will stall your progress. If you go for some of the best weapons immediately, you will find it very hard to use underwhelming weapons until they are level 30.

Some of the decent ones for low-mid levels I remember are Hek, Karak, Grakata, Latron, Paris, all the handguns besides Lato series, Kunai, Galatine. Gorgon is also fun. If you can get Dread off the Stalker, that one will last you into endgame; it's also by far his most common drop. Soma is also relatively easy to craft once you reach the MR for it and was the best AR of a past age. After that I dabbled in Clan research weapons but those would need Forma and materials from Invasions so they take more dedication.

Edited by Ralk1456

12 hours ago, Trichouette said:

It's not close to top tier, it IS top tier. It is like an improved version of Boltor Prime but smaller clip.

7 hours ago, ItzMeJesse said:

For bows I recommend the Dread, As far as I know it's one of the best bows in the game if not the best. It even surpasses the Paris Prime.

Of course it suppresses Paris Prime. Dread's biggest competition is Rakta Cernos right now.