Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What can i do to get better?

Noreaga514

Question

hello warframe,

been loving the game, and I've spent way too much time grinding and exploring. I've read up on everything i can and want to start opening planets. Sometimes, i just can't find a squad, so ill try solo. I am having so much trouble clearing levels now (lvl 32+), i put some money in and have some P but challenged myself to try without first. 

besides waiting longer for people to come, any suggestions on how i can eek out better play? 

Frames that i still use at various stage of forma:

I have the standard mods depending on the frame (Flow/intensify/extend one/ no corrupt) . still using vitality since i really don't have anything worthwhile to replace it with.

Nyx prime

Nova Prime

Zephyr

Ember

Trinity (starting to get the hang of it,doing better solo than the nyx prime)

Mag

Ivara

Vauban (still learning it)

Weapons i like so far:

kit kat hammer thing

Phage

Drakgoon

Aksomanti

Orthos prime

duel ether

still dont have a reasonable stealth weapon i cant get the paris prime to work well enough.

various grenade launchers cuz they go boom.

thanks a bunch for the input.

7 answers to this question

Well, in terms of surviving and doing more damage, mods will always be the difference. Those come with time, of course.

Another thing is how much you're utilizing your weapons, for instance, if you're fighting grineer, try getting some corrosive or viral damage on your weapons to help cut through armor and health.

Buy a scanner from the market for credits or simaris and scan enemies if you haven't been already. You get a lot of helpful information like their weaknesses in the codex, which can also tell you about the symbols for damage and combinations. 

From what you've provided, you don't appear to be doing anything specific that's hindering you that you can avoid.

You may also wish to look into joining a Clan. Clans are groups of players working under one roof so you may have better luck getting regular help.

If you'd like some help, I'd be happy to run some missions with you.

If it's surviving that is giving you difficulty, then I'd recommend running fissures to get items to trade for Ducats, and get the Sands of Inaros quest from Baro Ki'Teer when he comes to the Relay. Inaros has tons of health and 4 ways to regain it just on his own.

If it's protecting objectives that's difficult, then I'd recommend trying to get Frost, although I'm not sure if you can reach him if you're trying to unlock planets. Don't know if you can still taxi players to boss fights anymore either.

Edited by Maicael

hi guys,

thanks for the help so far, will try to answer 

19 minutes ago, Homer87 said:

Sounds like you only need two things - practice and better mods. Level your mods and try out different builds. Are you in a syndicate? The frames each have augments, some that are hit or miss, but others are really good.

no, not in a syndicate. took most of my brain power just to have all the mod buffs not look like a jumble of red and gold. guess i got to start reading up on them

14 minutes ago, Haldos said:

Well, in terms of surviving and doing more damage, mods will always be the difference. Those come with time, of course.

Another thing is how much you're utilizing your weapons, for instance, if you're fighting grineer, try getting some corrosive or viral damage on your weapons to help cut through armor and health.

You may also wish to look into joining a Clan. Clans are groups of players working under one roof so you may have better luck getting regular help.

If you'd like some help, I'd be happy to run some missions with you.

Ok, need to work on getting better mods. no clan was in one early on but i wasn't ready to talk to people. Thank you i might take you up on the offer of a squad!

12 minutes ago, Plasmaface said:

Some games are mostly about skill. Warframe is not one of those games. You need mods and endo to buff them. 

noticed that all maxed

7 minutes ago, Maicael said:

If it's surviving that is giving you difficulty, then I'd recommend running fissures to get items to trade for Ducats, and get the Sands of Inaros quest from Baro Ki'Teer when he comes to the Relay. Inaros has tons of health and 4 ways to regain it just on his own.

If it's protecting objectives that's difficult, then I'd recommend trying to get Frost, although I'm not sure if you can reach him if you're trying to unlock planets. Don't know if you can still taxi players to boss fights anymore either.

problems started on neptune, mostly capture/rescue/spy mission i dread. got a fair pile of decent vault blueprints, selling stuff is just so much like working. Ill get on that.

once again thanks for the time

I would recommend getting into a Clan, besides accessing very good weapons you can get help/help each other run missions. You also get a convenient place to trade when you wish to.

If you're having trouble surviving around level 30 enemies, I would first consider weapon damage. Is it enough to one-shot them, or kill in a few hits? Then I would look at survivability. Are you using the frame's defensive abilities frequently enough? Do you have mods that give you a safety net (Vitality, Rage, Quick Thinking etc.)? Also, I would consider the mission type to be a big factor, since missions such as Defense or Excavation that require you to guard a location can get very hairy if you don't have a powerful weapon to clear waves as they come, while other mission types you can get moving to avoid being shot.

In my opinion Spy and Capture are some of the best mission types you can run. Corpus spy has always been the easiest for me, and Moon spy is also great. They net a lot of affinity and decent rewards (Relics and mods). Here is a very complete guide on Spy by MystMan. Capture is about having a powerful weapon so that you can run up to the target, knock it down to capture then extract immediately. 

As for Rescue, it's easier solo if you are confident you can free the captive then sprint to exit before the person bleeds out.

Before I ramble off, here's a link to a Tier List on everything, so you can get a picture of what's easy to use.

Some opinions on frames:

You have very control-oriented frames with Nova, Nyx and Vauban, good for Defense/Excavation as well as Survival, and you only really need to get some corrupted mods from Orokin Derelict to maximise effectiveness. They are far from unplayable without them though. The issue is of course with finding 3 other people willing to bring Dragon Keys and running them with you. Maybe a Clan would help, if not with the missions, then perhaps mod trading.

Zephyr has a 3 that redirects all ranged weapon fire, so she's fairly great defending objectives and surviving ranged weapons, though she's rather niche.

Trinity is a group frame, with the min duration Energy Vampire setup (infinite energy for team), or Blessing setup (for very high damage reduction). 

Ember is the low level farm frame, World on Fire and run through map and everything dies.

Mag is a special frame to me, first frame out of the box in 2014. Right now she's not that great, but a min duration max power Magnetize creates areas of extreme damage and has some survivability in the form of Shield Polarise. Best run on Corpus missions.

I would recommend getting Valkyr if you have a mission that you want to complete solo. With a max efficiency Hysteria build and a Rage mod, you can turn health into energy into Hysteria into health. She doesn't have a lot of group synergy, but she can be an invulnerable medic. Just make sure to mod your Melee weapon for crit as those mods carry over to her Exalted Melee in Hysteria.

Some frames I use frequently are Saryn, Valkyr, Mag, Zephyr, Trinity. Ivara needs just another Nitian Extract to build, so I'll have to see how that goes.

Some opinion on weapons:

You don't need to go for an innately silent weapon since you can put a silencer mod on any weapon. I use Lex Prime with Suppress on Spy runs (and I also put Rush and Armoured Agility on for speed). Lex is also a readily available and powerful Prime weapon (buffed massively) so you can consider it if you won't be getting Vaykor Marelok soon.

Paris Prime would work once you get Speed Trigger or Vile Acceleration, making the draw speed viable. Just tack on all the crit mods and 90% elementals. I would usually put Corrosive or Radiation on a weapon if it's used to handle heavies.

Some of the weapons I use now are:

Torid (Area control), Dread (same tier as Paris Prime), Ignis (best with Saryn, Chroma), and rarely Amprex, Soma Prime, Supra, Latron Prime;

Lex Prime (replacement for my trusty old Marelok), Twin Grakatas (extremely satisfying bullet hose), Staticor (triple status machine);

Jat Kittag, Atterax, Broken-War and rarely Dual Ichor.

I generally pick the ones I find effective + cool, and somewhat easy to build without too much farming.