Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx builds

DeathTenno

Question

8 answers to this question

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nyx_prime/t_30_4320430030_1-4-10-4-6-5-5-5-5-8-8-5-46-3-5-49-0-10-479-2-10-481-1-10-537-7-3-613-9-5_49-8-481-7-479-7-46-11-1-7-5-5-4-9-537-9-8-14-613-9_0/en/1-0-27

this is the current build that im running, maxes out her duration and range, you can replace the chaos sphere for assimilate, or just another mod if you want

Pretty standard strategy for leveling a new frame.  You start squishy so shield is first priority.  Then health next usually.  Then pick your most useful ability and add 1 or 2 mods to help.  For Nyx that probably means her 3, in which case you want whatever combination of range, efficiency and duration you can get.  Then add quality of life mods as available like loot detector.

When you have her reactored and formad the builds change of course

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nyx_prime/t_30_4304020033_1-3-10-4-2-5-5-6-5-8-8-5-16-9-5-46-0-5-55-7-3-395-4-3-479-5-10-481-1-10_46-6-481-7-4-9-1-7-395-9-479-7-5-9-55-9-8-14-16-6_0/en/1-0-27

General Purpose build I use on her. Augment can be swapped for any of the others (though you'll want to avoid Mind Freak since it scales off power strength).

2 forma with Exilus; 1 without.

Pacifying Bolts is awesome!

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nyx_prime/t_30_0304320430_1-7-10-2-3-10-4-6-5-8-8-5-13-4-3-46-2-5-55-1-5-479-5-10-530-0-3-613-9-5_530-9-55-6-46-11-2-6-13-7-479-7-4-9-1-7-8-14-613-9_0/en/1-0-27

Max range, max duration - best standart loadout, empower her most useful abilities.

"Singularity" means "Assimilate" in build, with Redirection and Vitality it will ipmrove survivability.

Don't bother with Flow and other augments, they all useless.

I use 4 different Nyx builds with one forma setup. The beauty of Nyx is that her abilities are highly customizable for different tasks, mission types and level ranges.

She's an amazing frame and my most used with 3k play hours over 3  years.

Quad CC Nuetral Duration Setup:

latest?cb=20160404065849

I find this to be an ideal general setup for Nyx. It works for all mission types on the go or waiting for mission timers. With the added benefit of having an additional hard CC via Pacifying Bolts for touch up control during a Chaos.

Stun Specialized Negative Duration Setup:

latest?cb=20160403051004

This is a special Nyx formula ideal for Interception missions. She specializes in the 2 second Stun portion of her Chaos ability. Since Chaos cannot affect the same enemies till it's duration ends a 13% duration will allow you to recast Chaos every 3 seconds, which can completely lock down enemies and prevent captures.

Chaos Sphere High Duration Setup

latest?cb=20160404065937.

Higher duration build is more forgiving; long as you use her Chaos Sphere. Otherwise a higher duration can cause problems. Higher duration also allows you to make better use of Mind Control. Ideal for Survival / Defense Missions. If you do not have Arcane Vespa you may want to swap Redirection for Streamline or use Zenurik Focus.

Total Control Setup:

latest?cb=20160403195229

This is a full CC specialized Nyx using both Chaos Sphere and Pacifying Bolts. This is a very unforgiving setup that I would only recommend for lvl 130+ content where her available total eHP doesn't amount to very much and control over a situation becomes critical.

Her new Assimilate mod is interesting but the only use I've found for it, is as an Anti-Nulllifier button. As it will protect Nyx from her inability to CC the enemies within the bubble for a short time which at later levels can be deadly. I haven't quite set a build for this as her Psychic bolts also do a similar active role by Radiating enemies near the Nullififer thereby taking it's attention along with Chaos. Ideally if you play Nyx correctly you simply don't need the augment.

I copied most of this from my Nyx Guide on the wiki. You can find more intimate details about her abilities and what their ideal uses are there. In the end Nyx just takes a little practice and she's as good as immortal. I would recommend her Assimilate mod for newer Nyx players but do not depend on it too much so you can learn how her abilities interact with enemies.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Zxorn/Maximum_Nyx_U18.6

Chaos spamming Nyx is easy to build and very effective at crowd control and reducing aggro. Go for max range and efficiency, negative duration.  Power strength doesn't matter.  My one forma Nyx Prime build works well in all sorties.

Vitality, Redirection, and Vigor for survivability

Stretch, Cunning Drift, and Overextended give 250 range, enough to entirely cover a small Interception map.

Fleeting Expertise and Streamline give 175 efficiency, enough that this build never worries about energy.

Continuity buys back some of the duration lost by Fleeting Expertise, making Mind Control useful.  Also there isn't much else for the V polarity slot.

Energy Siphon for aura, although now that my Zenurik is maxed I could go with something else.

Chaos duration is 17 seconds, letting you do some killing or other tasks in between spams.  If you go lower duration you'll be doing nothing but casting Chaos.  Absorb is used as an emergency button to regenerate your shields or wait for help.  Mind control duration is 21 seconds.  Mind control is used to isolate tough enemies and deal with them later.  It can also be spammed because this build is very efficient.  Psychic Bolts is not used.

Chaos Sphere is useless.  With the low duration of Chaos the sphere will contract faster than the enemies move forward.  Mind Freak isn't necessary.  When you bring Nyx and Chaos, it's because it's too impractical or too hard to kill enemies.  I haven't experimented with Assimilate yet.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone