Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disassembly, A Solution To Slots

Zamte

The other night I was thinking about how it would be nice if we could just take frames back apart when we didn't need them anymore. Disassemble them back to systems, chassis, and helmet. Then it occurred to me that this could actually be used as a full solution to the limited slot space.

Why not allow us to "disassemble" items? Any item could be disassembled when we're done using it, however instead of the basic system I was thinking of, why not make this put them into a sort of storage? The process could take 24 hours for weapons and 48 hours for warframes. During the transitional period, the item would continue to take up slots. However once it was done, the item would no longer require an active slot, but would be unusable until it was reassembled. Reassembly would require the same period of time and the same possible credit cost.

This would allow players who can't afford to buy extra slots to still maintain equipment, but require they think ahead to use things when they want. It would leave slots as an attractive option for purchase because real slots do not require credit and time costs to make use of. Finally, it'd allow for a credit sink for players using it, and could even be given a rush option, though it would have to be cheap to justify.

The only real downside I can think of is one of convenience, but considering that it would largely be used to hibernate equipment that the player isn't using at the moment, and would allow rotating of equipment around, I don't see this being a significant issue. Without purchasing any slots players would have enough space to own and individually loadout two frames, and frames and loadouts could be disassembled in order to allow room for other setups to be reassembled easily enough.

What is everybodys problem with slots? The in-game items are already free. Want more slots? Buy them.

I think he's just looking for an alternative to just selling equipment to free up space, like I said before, I think it could be a cool idea, assuming it came with a large penalty I.E. if you wanna free up a new slot, you can disassemble your frost prime, but it loses it's levels and the mods for the frame get reset back to zero, forcing you to choose between playing a new frame, or keeping the one you've already invested a lot of time into

And then noone would ever buy slots. Because you could try everything, get down to the two warframes you prefer and stick to them.

That's a loss in DE's wallet, don't you think ?

Slots are really cheap, seriously.

You can already do that with the current amount of slots.

I'm always laughing to watch the people unwilling to pay. Buy your slots with the starter platinum or donate. This is a gameplay feature. An attempt to avoid or break it is direct violation of the user's agreement. And yes, noone would ever buy the slots because you'll be always able to 'reassamble' your maxed-out stuff.

I'm suggesting to add the limited quota on the 'dissasembled' store for the... well... two slots on the warframes' store and eight slots on the weapons' store able to expand with platinum.

I think he's just looking for an alternative to just selling equipment to free up space, like I said before, I think it could be a cool idea, assuming it came with a large penalty I.E. if you wanna free up a new slot, you can disassemble your frost prime, but it loses it's levels and the mods for the frame get reset back to zero, forcing you to choose between playing a new frame, or keeping the one you've already invested a lot of time into

There is an alternative it's called purchasing slots.

You can already do that with the current amount of slots.

Yeah, but people won't do it because they don't wanna redo the whole building process and they don't want to lose their potatoes it's all about convenience which is offered by buying slots with plat.

I'm always laughing to watch the people unwilling to pay. Buy your slots with the starter platinum or donate. This is a gameplay feature. An attempt to avoid or break it is direct violation of the user's agreement. And yes, noone would ever buy the slots because you'll be always able to 'reassamble' your maxed-out stuff.

I'm suggesting to add the limited quota on the 'dissasembled' store for the... well... two slots on the warframes' store and eight slots on the weapons' store able to expand with platinum.

You just pointed out that this is not a valid idea then proceeded to suggest the same with a slight tweak, really now ?

DE_Steve said on the livestream that he likes the idea of being penalized for overextending, upgrading and building.  That basically it's a core part of Warframe to consider every decision before proceeding.

Problem:

Yeah, but people won't do it because they don't wanna redo the whole building process and they don't want to lose their potatoes it's all about convenience which is offered by buying slots with plat.

Solution:

The process could take 24 hours for weapons and 48 hours for warframes. During the transitional period, the item would continue to take up slots. However once it was done, the item would no longer require an active slot, but would be unusable until it was reassembled. Reassembly would require the same period of time and the same possible credit cost.

^ + add \/

Add those two together and you've got the same system as we currently have with the difference being that if you dissamble you'll first have to wait 24-48 hours  -> lose all levels on it -> have to go through the 12-72 hour crafting period all over again -> level it to 30 again. 

Doing all of that would take a fairly long time which would encourage players to just buy slots and get it over with , right ?

Yes, but having to sell a warframe you farmed so hard... we all know it's a tough decision. If you know you coul dget it back, it is no more so tough.

Yeah, that's exacly the point. You HAVE to decide what you do, you have to think about it.

Edited by Walkampf