Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Days Is Too Long To Build A Warframe

kenio8185

Don't get me wrong, I understand that these people need to make money (I'm even a founder, I played so much, I wanted to support them) and thus need to make platinum more appealing.  

However, the fact that you need 24 hours for each part and then another 3 days after that just for the frame itself is kind of frustrating.  Especially when it's a brand new character that the person building it is itching to use.  Can it be reduced to 24 hours as well?  

Don't get me wrong, I understand that these people need to make money (I'm even a founder, I played so much, I wanted to support them) and thus need to make platinum more appealing.  

However, the fact that you need 24 hours for each part and then another 3 days after that just for the frame itself is kind of frustrating.  Especially when it's a brand new character that the person building it is itching to use.  Can it be reduced to 24 hours as well?  

It's actually 12 hours per part, but anyway; I agree that 3 days it somewhat long, but it also gives players something to look forward to. Maybe they should reduce it to 36 hours or something but not lower.

First couple of frames you'll be waiting but after that you'll have the supplies to easily build multiple at once. That way by the time you're done leveling one to level 30 another is waiting.

I currently have 4 frames being made, one I'm leveling right now @ lv 25 and another done waiting for me to level. I won't have to "wait" for a new frame to be done anytime soon. Just build a bunch.

Edited by lolRebel

Don't even get me started on that fking Supra >_<

dont ge me started with crafting all the infected and grineer weaponry (including torid yes i no why would i... for future when the fix it and i get mastery)

and made a prova now im making a flux rilfe then the dera then supra then lanka welcome to my world

I find 3 days a reasonable amount of time. If you want it now, well you can rush it for a small fee. I look at it like shipping. Either be fine with free shipping or get the 2-3 day expedited shipping. Just imagine how amazing it will be when that bundle of joy comes bouncing out of the foundry oven!   

It's actually 12 hours per part, but anyway; I agree that 3 days it somewhat long, but it also gives players something to look forward to. Maybe they should reduce it to 36 hours or something but not lower.

I'd even be fine with 48 hours, but three days?  It's just weird cuz nothing else bridges the jump from 1 day crafting to 3 days for a warframe.

I didn't really mind the build time at all.  Granted, that was probably because, back when I didn't have most of the frames, I was building multiple at once.  This caused the frame build times to be staggered, so I always seemed to have a new frame available by the time I got the last one to rank 30.  Sure, it kinda sucks when you're building your very first frame (the one after your starter), but after that I didn't mind it at all.

Remember the little prince :

"It is the time that you spent for your rose that makes the rose so important for you."

A more litterally translation would be :

"It is the time that you lost for your rose that makes the rose so important for you."

Same here :

"It is the time that you lost for your warframe that makes your warframe so important for you."

I personally disagree. It's that level of anticipation that ever gets anybody to buy crap around here. Besides, those extra days gives you time to level more gear up to run on your new, unranked frame.

Is it? I haven't been playing this game for a very long time but after I gathered all the materials for the first frame I would craft and noticed the build time I kind of lost interest. Like I slashed my daily play time by more than 4 times and looked towards other games to keep me occupied. And this is me not having played for a long time. It seems to me more that this kills the intent to play.

Remember the little prince :

"It is the time that you spent for your rose that makes the rose so important for you."

A more litterally translation would be :

"It is the time that you lost for your rose that makes the rose so important for you."

Same here :

"It is the time that you lost for your warframe that makes your warframe so important for you."

But you don't lose time - the time you "lose" is the time you spend on farming the materials and not sitting around twiddling your thumbs.

3 days is reasonable.

There are a total of 13 frames- soon to be 14. A large part of the game involves obtaining these special frames- so naturally building them will be a process all of its own. Forging these frames the slow-method is completely optional and by no means necessary if you decide to invest in Platinum. Also, it gives you plenty of time to hunt for resources and mods for other builds and weapons, not to mention build rank or level up your current frame/weapon loadout.

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't that bad compared to other online games (say FFXI where getting certain jobs requires purchase of an entire expansion + several questlines to unlock a job). Also, it's also not that far from more action oriented games such as League of Legends, where getting a new character requires many, many games in order to build up the influence to purchase new champions or can be instantly purchased with Riot Points (their version of platinum). Most people only harp on the fact that these are incentives to purchase platinum- but they gravely miss the point that these types of mechanics also act as a buffer to extend overall gameplay. While you can argue whether or not that is the right thing to do, it is the current focus and design of the game, and many enjoy the wait- it makes getting the frame that much more special.

When I first started playing, I made fun of how long it took to build anything- but collecting mods, leveling up, ranking up, clearing missions, and trying to find blueprints can take up more than enough of your time. If you truly are that impatient, work up some money, get a money card, and buy some platinum. Otherwise, it's really not that much.