The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction-themed Warframes

Kerberos-3

So, my first post on this forum and its some very skeletal Warframe concepts, yay. Anyways, here are some concepts I had floating around and decided to share.

Morglay (aka Grincalibur)

Health: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shield: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Armor: 275

Sprint speed: 0.85

Power: 100 (150 at rank 30)

Abilities

Passive: Grineer Master: Morglay gains 5% attack speed/fire rate and 5% damage when using weapons with the "Grineer" affiliation.

1. Slash Dash: functionally identical to Excalibur's version.
  2. Radial Corruption:Radial Corruption, while similar in most respects to Radial Blind, has a very different effect. Instead of blinding foes around you, it corrupts them temporarily with Morglay's madness(more on the that in a bit), causing them to go berserk and attack everything around them except Morglay himself. This ability makes Morglay more suited to solo play, as the maddened enemies will still attack your squadmates. Also, while this ability doesn't work on bosses, it does work on their minions, including Zanuka.
  3. Radial Harpoon: functionally identical to Radial Javelin, just a different name and appearance.
  4. Corrupted Blade: functionally, Corrupted Blade is nearly identical to Exalted Blade, however, it also includes a 10% chance to apply Morglay's berserk status to an enemy. The blade itself resembles a Grineer Machete made of smoky black energy. The same blade appears when using any of Morglay's other abilities.

Acquisition:

Getting Morglay, while not the hardest thing in the world, can be a bit of a pain, as it runs very differently from the normal Warframe acquisition quest. Instead of finding Morglay's remains, you have to chase him down and put him out of his misery. Thats right, did you really think that you're the first Tenno that Vor captured? HAH, no. Morglay was, once upon a time, an Excalibur, until Captain Vor got his hands on him. Cut off from the Lotus ala Ascaris and driven mad thanks to Doctor Tengus' experiments, Morglay broke free and went on a rampage, becoming a very dangerous threat as he could not differentiate friend from foe. Once you hit Mastery rank 3, Lotus gives you the miserable task of stopping Morglay. After chasing him across Mercury and Venus, you first fight him at Fossa, but he escapes before you can finish him off. You then pursue him to Earth, where you corner him at Ground Zero: Earth, where you first awoke. After a brutal fight (Sorry, Radial Blind does not work on him. Did you really think it would be that easy?), you defeat him and then move to the landing pad for extraction. The primary reward here is the Morglay blueprint. Morglay's creation process is interesting. Instead of having you seek out a bunch of components such as systems and such, all you need are a few resources (all of which can be harvested on Earth and Mercury), and an Excalibur blueprint, since Morglay is a modified Excalibur. However, while Morglay isn't hard to make, it does take a long time, as in, Morglay's construction takes an entire week to complete.

And here is the second one, this time Corpus themed.

Tesla (aka Corpus Volt)

Health: 75 (225 at rank 30)

Shields: 150 (450 at Max Rank)

Armor: 15

Power: 100 (150 at rank 30)

Sprint speed: 1.25

Abilities

Passive: Corpus Master: Tesla applies an automatic 10% shock damage to any weapon wielded with the "Corpus" affiliation.

1. Shock: functionally identical to Volt's.
  2. Energise: Nearly identical to Speed, but with one difference. Instead of increasing speed, it increases shield capacity.
  3. Electric Laser: Instead of a shield, Tesla fires a highly concentrated beam of electrical energy. This, much like Chroma's Spectral Scream, is a toggle ability, dealing a constant 100/125/150/200 shock damage per second in a straight line up to 15 meters away with a drain of 5 energy per second.
  4. Voltaic Overload: Tesla releases a burst of electrical energy, supercharging his and his ally's weapons and abilities. Voltaic Overload applies 50% shock damage to all damage dealt by him and his allies, with a drain of 15 energy per second.

Acquisition:

Much like Morglay, you have to fight Tesla directly to get his blueprint. However, the story behind this one, while different, ties in to Morglay's. Sometime after you destroy Morglay, the Corpus get their hands on Dr. Tengus' research notes on Morglay, and decide to copy it. Using an acquired Volt as the base, the Corpus create the first Tesla. This makes the Corpus incredibly dangerous, as Tesla behaves more like a Corpus proxy than a living being. You are forced to seek him out and destroy him to prevent the Corpus from using him. Most of this line involves mobile defence and spy missions, as you spend most of it trying to locate where the Corpus are keeping him. Eventually, you discover that he is at Illiad on Phobos, and, after beating him, you get his blueprint. Much like Morglay, Tesla requires a few Corpus related components and a Volt blueprint to make, and a week to construct him. His questline unlocks at Mastery 5 and you still can't easymode the fight with Radial Blind (Thats a topic for another time).

So, did I do okay, or did I mess up? Feed back is appreciated.

Edited by Kerberos-3

Why do I enjoy these concepts so much :O

One thing: Morglay is slow as hell. Seriously, that's slower then every frame in the game, and would be a pain to play.

On the flipside, Tesla's sprint speed is almost too fast.

Edited by PoisonHD

sorry to be "that guy" but faction based frame probably wont be a thing. at most we will get faction based skins like the Graxx skins that are in Tennogen right now. 

reason being-lore. lorewise, primes are the "Original" product and the non primes are cheap imitations. also, the factions (Grineer/Corpus) weren't even a thing when the primes were created. 

also, when DE tries making new frames or augments to abilities, they try not to copy any other abilities currently in game, and this reeks of copy/paste. 

your head is in the right place and i look forward to seeing you more on the forums friend.

sorry if ive come across as a downer

58 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Why do I enjoy these concepts so much :O

One thing: Morglay is slow as hell. Seriously, that's slower then every frame in the game, and would be a pain to play.

On the flipside, Tesla's sprint speed is almost too fast.

Ok. I can modify those now. I've brought up Morglay's speed and reduced Tesla's speed.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

sorry to be "that guy" but faction based frame probably wont be a thing. at most we will get faction based skins like the Graxx skins that are in Tennogen right now. 

reason being-lore. lorewise, primes are the "Original" product and the non primes are cheap imitations. also, the factions (Grineer/Corpus) weren't even a thing when the primes were created. 

also, when DE tries making new frames or augments to abilities, they try not to copy any other abilities currently in game, and this reeks of copy/paste. 

your head is in the right place and i look forward to seeing you more on the forums friend.

sorry if ive come across as a downer

It's ok. I actually intended these to be that way, because that is what they are. Morglay is a result of Dr. Tengu's actions and Tesla is a Corpus mod based on the good Doctor's research. There is quite a lot of copy/paste, but they're supposed to be.

Edited by Kerberos-3

10 hours ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

can you give me some sources, ive tried skimming through the wiki stuff and came up shy.

The Grineer were a slave race to the orokin, a subset of working class clones. The Grineer uprising was part of what caused the Orokin to topple.

That said, Corpus and Grineer themed frames break lore. They cannot exist with the lore we have.

That aside, versions of frames that we already have doesn't really help anything. It'd be much nicer to have some originality in our new frames.

Edited by Rehtael7