Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Ideas

(PSN)LoisGordils

I would have actually preferred that Saryn's abilities used all four Toxin based damage 

Spores: Viral

Molt: Gas (Gas procs create five meter Toxin clouds, which help offset the fact that Molt has reduced range than Miasma, but the latter depends on it for damage)

Toxic Lash: Toxin

Miasma: Corrosive 

Also, ideas for Miasma augments:

1. Killed enemies melt and leave puddles that hinder movement while dealing damage and proccing Corrosive per second (lasts five seconds) 

2. I'll use the official Miasma description for this one: "Saryn pollutes the atmosphere with a lethally poisonous mist that corrodes all enemies in range". Basically, Saryn surrounds herself in deadly, caustic fumes in an unmodifiable 12m radius that deals constant Corrosive damage with a 50% chance to proc. The cloud lasts for ten seconds, pops Molt if approached and deals bonus damage to enemies under Viral and Toxin effects. Downsides? You lose the instant, poweful nuke and visibility is slightly impared

3. A small percentage of damage dealt is transferred to allies as health

4. Allies within cast range gain bonus Corrosive damage to attacks

Oh, now I think about it, that definitely would be neat, thematically speaking, if her abilities featured all 4 Toxin based damages!

Anyways I like 'em! Can't really give much feedback since I don't play her enough, but I'm sure some Sayrn players here might have something to throw into the conversation lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Gas is just AoE toxin procs which Saryn has plenty off. Toxic Las's augment produces gas clouds anyway.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

2. I'll use the official Miasma description for this one: "Saryn pollutes the atmosphere with a lethally poisonous mist that corrodes all enemies in range". Basically, Saryn surrounds herself in deadly, caustic fumes in an unmodifiable 12m radius that deals constant Corrosive damage with a 50% chance to proc. The cloud lasts for ten seconds, pops Molt if approached and deals bonus damage to enemies under Viral and Toxin effects. Downsides? You lose the instant, poweful nuke and visibility is slightly impared

This is what an Augment should be, alternate take to an ability. +1 well done.

this would make her even more broken...shes alrdy a silly dmg dealing frame if played right, paired with incredible survivability

this would a) make her OP also as a supportive frame b) 1# for nearly everything cause she has access to every major, important element on her abilities and c) leave her with only crowd control as her weakness

she has nearly none already besides enemies which resist viral or energy drain but she is already a top notch frame which can solo pretty much 95% of the game, ofc if built and played right

that aside, gas is essentially toxin dmg with other resistances/dmg boni and a slightly different procc mechanic as it also deals direct dmg on procc and not just Dot, it deals more dmg overall but its not needed on her since she has access to viral and toxin, which covers good DoT+ viral procc is an indirect dmg buff and pretty much good vs 80% of the enemies in the game, ur change to miasma wouldnt make her less powerful, quite the opposite imo

but essentiall this would make her way beyond broken...spore + molt +miasma...that would mean:

-50% max health, toxin procc, aoe 5m range toxin dmg, -25% armor (stackable) and dmg to clear a room withing seconds, with augments it would most likely heal ur allies to 100% health or leave DoT and CC AoE orbs behing in a huge area which also reduce armor or buff allies to deal more dmg

ur ideas would essentially upgrade her from a nuclear bomb to a hydrogen bomb concerning raw destructive power, unless u drop her scalings or base dmg numbers to a much much lower value

but then again, i think saryn is totally fine as she currently is, there are other frames which could use a buff/change much more than her right now and ur changes would be a buff making her broken beyond comparison, a frame which wouldnt need any cc cause everything dies, and she already is kind of at that point so...yea...

ur ideas for miasma augments are nice tho, even tho i think allowing her to heal others when she can survive "forever" with her molt augment is too much versatility for a frame with so much dmg 

greetings = ]

17 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Buff Molt with 3-6sec Invulnerability period.

Buff Miasma with a Corrosive proc on every tick (you need 27 Corrosive procs to strip armour of lvl ~120 Bombard).

Thats all.

Corrosive procs degrade armor logarithmically by 25%. For all armored enemies (at least from my experience), you only need to proc Corrosive nine times

24 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

this would make her even more broken...shes alrdy a silly dmg dealing frame if played right, paired with incredible survivability

this would a) make her OP also as a supportive frame b) 1# for nearly everything cause she has access to every major, important element on her abilities and c) leave her with only crowd control as her weakness

she has nearly none already besides enemies which resist viral or energy drain but she is already a top notch frame which can solo pretty much 95% of the game, ofc if built and played right

that aside, gas is essentially toxin dmg with other resistances/dmg boni and a slightly different procc mechanic as it also deals direct dmg on procc and not just Dot, it deals more dmg overall but its not needed on her since she has access to viral and toxin, which covers good DoT+ viral procc is an indirect dmg buff and pretty much good vs 80% of the enemies in the game, ur change to miasma wouldnt make her less powerful, quite the opposite imo

but essentiall this would make her way beyond broken...spore + molt +miasma...that would mean:

-50% max health, toxin procc, aoe 5m range toxin dmg, -25% armor (stackable) and dmg to clear a room withing seconds, with augments it would most likely heal ur allies to 100% health or leave DoT and CC AoE orbs behing in a huge area which also reduce armor or buff allies to deal more dmg

ur ideas would essentially upgrade her from a nuclear bomb to a hydrogen bomb concerning raw destructive power, unless u drop her scalings or base dmg numbers to a much much lower value

but then again, i think saryn is totally fine as she currently is, there are other frames which could use a buff/change much more than her right now and ur changes would be a buff making her broken beyond comparison, a frame which wouldnt need any cc cause everything dies, and she already is kind of at that point so...yea...

ur ideas for miasma augments are nice tho, even tho i think allowing her to heal others when she can survive "forever" with her molt augment is too much versatility for a frame with so much dmg 

greetings = ]

Salutations! :D

Yeah, the healing one is probably too good for her. The idea behind the Gas proc Molt is that Molt's range increases by five meters. Molt has a base range of ten and Miasma fifteen. If we give Gas to Molt, enemies affected at Molt's maximum distance will suffer a Gas proc that will create a five meter Toxin cloud that indirectly increases Molt's range to it can be on par with Miasma in a way. This is of course, taking base range into account. I love Saryn, she's super fun. Try her with Acid Shells Sobek. You'll love it. Enemies drop dead extremely quickly.

36 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Gas is just AoE toxin procs which Saryn has plenty off. Toxic Las's augment produces gas clouds anyway.

This is what an Augment should be, alternate take to an ability. +1 well done.

Saryn only has Toxic Lash and Molt as Toxin. It'd be nice if she covers all four Toxin based elements 

43 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Oh, now I think about it, that definitely would be neat, thematically speaking, if her abilities featured all 4 Toxin based damages!

Anyways I like 'em! Can't really give much feedback since I don't play her enough, but I'm sure some Sayrn players here might have something to throw into the conversation lol.

She's awesome :3

18 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Corrosive procs degrade armor logarithmically by 25%. For all armored enemies (at least from my experience), you only need to proc Corrosive nine times

Just tried it, lvl 120 Corrupted Bombard needs 33 procs. Nine procs leaves it with around 90% damage resistance.

22 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Salutations! :D

Yeah, the healing one is probably too good for her. The idea behind the Gas proc Molt is that Molt's range increases by five meters. Molt has a base range of ten and Miasma fifteen. If we give Gas to Molt, enemies affected at Molt's maximum distance will suffer a Gas proc that will create a five meter Toxin cloud that indirectly increases Molt's range to it can be on par with Miasma in a way. This is of course, taking base range into account. I love Saryn, she's super fun. Try her with Acid Shells Sobek. You'll love it. Enemies drop dead extremely quickly.

well if its the range then just buff the aoe range from molt...so many DoT oriented elements on one frame with that survivability is too much imo, and gas itself is only a fun element vs most factions..its only nice vs corpus but there u could run radiation and toxin on ur weapon for example and get the same thing concerning shields

that said, molt is utility, the damage is a bonus so i dont see a point in buffing that to a point where its a nuke+utility

but hey, imo saryn is totally fine as she is as i already said sooooo....except for neat augments im currently prolly negative towards any changes, even if buffs, overbuffing something totally ruins any kind of fun

i dont use shotguns except for tigris prime so i dont have sobek and i wont get it, i built my saryn for a 100% infested theme, visually and weapon wise, i run her with mutalist cernos, pox, lesion and its enough fun to keep me playing her with that setup exclusively atm

greetings