Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dueling Room, Way Too Small!

The_Promethean

The distinct Warframes that can win easily are, Frost, Excalibur, Vauban, Rhino, and Sentinel Dethcube. By just using abilities of the Warframes like Frost's snow globe, Excalibur's slash dash, Vauban's teslas and vortex and dethcube's Swift deth and vaporize, you can always win easily.

My suggestion is that duelling room should be bigger, as big as the clan hall. In order to maintain the size of the duel, and the excitement of the players. And also if the duelling room is bigger, you can also do stunts and parkour while fighting.

I'm not really that amazed when making a duelling room that small. And also put obstacles inside when duelling, so that the duelers have many ideas how to fight each other, with gun fight, or melee combat or CQC.

And I hope the devs will take out sentinels in the Duel. 

--------------------------------------------

Taking about capacity, the devs should also upgrade or put changes on the way the warframes duel in the duelling room.

The players should be free on combat styles they want.

For these reasons, you should make a duelling chart with your clan. Mine has several ones for differents styles and it is awesome.
Most of them contain these rules : no sentinel, no/few warframe mods allowed, Trinity's link and a few other uncounterable skills forbidden, no weapon mod.

Skills that are prominent in duels:

Vauban: Tesla - For the first 50 energy, he can plant two, and then wall-run around the arena to avoid getting shot and rack up passive Tesla damage, before getting down and refilling your energy to plant Vortex, which traps the enemy, breaks slash dash and rhino charge, and is basically an I win button.

Rhino: Rhino, if you have deadly modded weapons, you can win rounds at phenomenal speed by smashing a well-aimed Rhino Charge that knocks down the enemy. Proceed to spam your foe to death.

i think we could build or a little small duel room (the actual one) or make a big one cause if a ash with shuriken a bit up can do 500 damage per shuriken and cannot miss because their is no obstacles so an ash with great shuriken mod just need to turn around until he have 2 or 3 shuriken and then instakill the opponent :/ so we should have the possibility too build a big duel room with obstacles at least one or two. Anyway I think this is a great idea and the devs should add it too the game

It'd be cool if the duel room could "load" virtual dueling locations as per the duelers' choosing, allowing different environments (ship, land, ice, fire, etc) and whatnot.

I was thinking something just like this. they enter the dojo and are sorta...teleported away to a new randomly generated tile set area, probably akin to the void, the two players would spawn at opposite ends and then hunt down eachother, allowing a variety of methods. They could be stealthy ninja's, hide and try to sneak up on their opponent, or run around using Rhino Stomp until they hit something.

And to add in the whole "resource" aspect, the clan could have to spend resources to build the tile sets. it would be dirt easy to implement into the game because it uses the already existing tileset system, all that would be done is removing the creatures from it and stuff.

If they copy the level uping tests into a "holographic" duel room then this can be useful thing. Btw i really like that idea if someone want test their skills without special mods/abilities and only just use their swords-guns. In our dojo still no have dueling room but we have charts about how we will do. 

The7thGuardian +1

I hope the DEvs will make a dueling room that can have multiple "maps" of sizes obstacles and terrains. There would be more strategy and slightly more skill/finesse than brute force as it is now, also, cloaking via loki, ash, or shade can still be seen rendering the invis not truly invis

• 3 weeks later...