Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller + Mouse on PC Causing Control Problems - Fixed by Unplugging Controller

Evakylir

After downloading The Vacuum Within Hotfix #3, I experienced serious control issues in missions. Fortunately I have now fixed them by unplugging my controller (Logitech F310 gamepad) and relaunching the game. Before I figured out the problem, I was writing a list of everything that was happening:

---

I immediately start aiming as soon as I enter missions. When I enter with melee only, I block instead (same mouse button). Switching weapons just makes me aim/block with the new weapon, including Synthesis Scanner. I can jump to stop the melee blocking, but afterward I cannot block again, unless I switch weapons to make it get stuck on again. I can sprint/roll/etc. to interrupt aiming but then it resumes as soon as it can. Altogether it's as though right click is uncontrollably toggled on.

I also cannot fire any weapons in missions. I suspected left click was also permanently on, but strangely my automatic weapons don't fire either, and my scanner can't scan. Melee attacks work fine (both quick melee and regular, I have them as the same E key). Using abilities (keyboard 1, 2, 3, 4) also works as normal. When I enter the mission with melee only, it is permanently channeling until I switch weapons. Switching back to melee occasionally turns channeling back on but not always. I can't toggle it on or off either way.

---

After realizing I had a controller plugged in, I tried using that as well, and it also couldn't fire or stop aiming for whatever reason. There seems to be a weird conflict that messes up both mouse and controller.

I'm glad I figured this out, I love this game too much to stop playing! Keep being awesome DE, and I hope no one else is confused by this issue.