Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Needed Help, Got a Jerk

(XBOX)ATLongshot

I've been gone from WF for the whole summer, told my clan (I'm the warlord) that I wouldn't be playing much and they all vanished too lol.  So now I'm getting the band back together and also learning all the new weirdness that popped into the game in a few short months.  

Feeling confused about some changes and needing some help in a mission I reached out to the two members of the clan alliance I was in. Basically said, if I need helped would you be open to it.  They said maybe and what was my MR.  And my jaw dropped.  Here I was asking help and they basically said to me "we will help but only if this one metric (which to a point is somewhat meaningless as to skill) is high enough."   It's like not helping someone with a flat tire if they're driving a Ford and you only help Nissans.

I just closed down the convo bc even if my MR (which is 6, soon 7) was "good" by their standards, I didn't want to know these type of pple.  This is unwelcoming to brand new and even returning players like myself.  But the mindset is one I can't understand, if someone asks for help, you see what you can do.  That's just.  What you do. Especially if it's in a noncommittal, hypothetical situation.  I was asking "if I needed help at some point."

I play on the XB1 and I realize the population is smaller, probably younger (I'm 32, so not young nor coughing up dust) and consequently less mature and....kind?  But still. The jerkiness of it is astounding.  If you don't want to help pple then don't. But don't discriminate.  

44 minutes ago, (XB1)AtlongsterATL said:

-Snip-

i can try and help also if you need an alliance feel free to visit my thread feel free to visit my thread about my clan  that is one of those that leads the alliance here there are history sections about my clan and alliance me and my friend @(XB1)crouptedhuzzy are making i would recommend historical Pt.3 in the history section if you just want to review the Clan's recent history

as well as the warlord of the other clan as well so you can get an idea what our alliance is all about below

That being said we do require some negotiating since we have 3-4 clans against us already we need to be careful on who we pick to be become our alliance members i hope you understand.

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

Sadly there are a lot of players like that.  And honestly, the only reason I can see for asking is to ascertain your in game experience and where you are, progression wise.  But I've yet to run into a helpful player that's asking for those reasons.

I'd suggest finding a new alliance and refilling your clan.  My own clan and alliance is focused on helping new and returning players.